Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157

Go down 
+2
Farmer1906
Ninja
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 Empty
PostSubject: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:11 pm

I think this also makes Liz Carmouche the first openly gay fighter in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Ninja wrote:
I think this also makes Liz Carmouche the first openly gay fighter in the UFC.

Uhh... Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 0
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:51 pm

And this is a weak ass main event. They better stack the shit out of this card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:48 am

That's the main event .......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Neg me all you want but this is a joke main event, especially when Hendo vs. Machida is on the card.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Ali wrote:
Neg me all you want but this is a joke main event, especially when Hendo vs. Machida is on the card.
When has a title fight ever been under a non title fight in the UFC? It's not like it bumped Machida-Hendo off the card. Does the order of the fights really take away from the quality of the card? No, not at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
When has a title fight ever been under a non title fight in the UFC? It's not like it bumped Machida-Hendo off the card. Does the order of the fights really take away from the quality of the card? No, not at all.

It's a women's title nobody gives a fuck about it.

Even more bullshit now because Hendo vs. Machida won't be five rounds.

Last edited by Ali on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

You're a fucking moron and not a true fan if fight order takes away from your enjoyment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

You're a fucking moron and not a true fan if fight order takes away from your enjoyment.

Not a true fight fan ok then so I guess me staying up all night this Saturday to watch Fox 5 and Pac vs. Marquez on a shitty stream is just for shits and giggles.

You don't have to like or enjoy WMMA to be a true fight fan.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Not a true fight fan ok then so I guess me staying up all night this Saturday to watch Fox 5 and Pac vs. Marquez on a shitty stream is just for shits and giggles.

If the order of the fights takes away from your enjoyment of the card. You are a moron. Does it really matter if you don't watch the WMMA fight at the beginning of the card rather then the end? Just turn off the PPV early rather then tuning in late. The other fights are still going to happen. You fucking idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

If the order of the fights takes away from your enjoyment of the card. You are a moron. Does it really matter if you don't watch the WMMA fight at the beginning of the card rather then the end? Just turn off the PPV early rather then tuning in late. The other fights are still going to happen. You fucking idiot.

I never said it will take away my enjoyment you dumb redneck. It's a shitty main event and it's disrespectful to a fighter of Henderson's stature to be eclipsed by a title that's just been materliazed for a fighter who's not even won that title in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I never said it will take away my enjoyment you dumb redneck. It's a shitty main event and it's disrespectful to a fighter of Henderson's stature to be eclipsed by a title that's just been materliazed for a fighter who's not even won that title in the UFC.
She got her title the same way Jose Aldo did. Like it or it's an UFC title. Title fights are never under non title fights. It's not disrespectful to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:07 pm

I think I am going to side with Ali here. My beef with Ronda headlining the main event is not a issue of fight order. I love WMMA and a good fight is good fight no matter what sex. The real main issue is that Machida vs Hendo is now degraded to a only a 3 round fight which I think is a crime. I could see if it was Cyborg vs. Ronda, but Liz Carmouche? Everyone and there brother knows this fight is going to be over in two seconds...why waste a potential FOTY five round fight with Hendo and Machida for a fight designed to make Ronda look dominate and not be competive? Ronda vs Liz could easily be put on a FX or Fox card.

Last edited by Ninja on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:13 pm

I could completely understand if it was Ronda vs. Cyborg, there's no doubt that fight deserves to headline a card.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm

This should of headlined the Fuel Card and Barao vs McDonald should headline the PPV.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:17 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
This should of headlined the Fuel Card and Barao vs McDonald should headline the PPV.

lol that would go down a storm in London.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Barao vs McDonald as a Fuel fight is a joke.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I agree it deserves a bigger platform but the UK is due a title fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I agree 100%. But IMO it has nothing to do with Ronda's title fight. Except the UFC got shit wrong with when and where the title fights should take place.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:03 am

Feb 23rd, live on PPV from Anaheim, CA:

Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche
Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar
Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:10 am

i don't really give a fuck about the fight order as i'm not the mug who'll be wasting my hard earned on rousey merchendise.

however, dana did once say women wouldn't be in the UFC because the quality of fighting and depth of competition wasn't good enough and i don't really see how anything has changed in that regard.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:18 am

cheekynffc wrote:
i don't really give a fuck about the fight order as i'm not the mug who'll be wasting my hard earned on rousey merchendise.

however, dana did once say women wouldn't be in the UFC because the quality of fighting and depth of competition wasn't good enough and i don't really see how anything has changed in that regard.
He lies more often then he tells the truth. That's just Dana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 pm

cheekynffc wrote:

He's just cashing in right now because Ronda is very marketable.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157   Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ronda Rousey meets Liz Carmouche in first UFC women's title fight at UFC 157
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next