Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching Empty
PostSubject: CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching   CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/19/3667442/cbs-sports-seth-davis-homoerotic-mma-apologizes
Popular CBS Sports basketball analyst Seth Davis went on a Twitter rant this weekend decrying the pictures of 'two muscular bloody men in homoerotic fighting pose' and saying he didn't want his sons to watch MMA.

CBS Basketball analyst Seth Davis added his voice to the chorus of MMA naysayers with a pair of Tweets this weekend:

Looking on news sites showing picture of two muscular bloody men in homoerotic fighting pose….Sorry, I’ll never get this UFC thing.

— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) November 18, 2012

Maybe I’m a prude on this but I’m also a dad. I don’t mind my sons watching boxing, but I wouldn’t want them watching a UFC bout. — Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) November 18, 2012

Despite Davis' decision to delete the Tweets in short order, the condemnation was swift and came from all corners. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani responded and Davis apologized:

Just read respected CBB journo @sethdavishoops' take on MMA. Very disappointing, but not shocking. Many feel this way. Their loss. ...
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 19, 2012

@arielhelwani The tweets were stupid and careless and you are 100 pct right to call me out. Appreciate and respect your work & passion.
— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) November 19, 2012

The Big Leadhad the response I found the most apt:

I just hope no one shows Davis this entire portion of the Sports Illustrated website dedicated to this homoerotic activity. Or tells him that CBS Sports has a partnership with MixedMartialArts.com. Otherwise a prude like Seth Davis might have to block his employers' websites on his sons' computers. Until then, he can proudly allow his boys to watch boxing where they can learn the proper way for men to touch other men.No homo.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching   CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Who is Seth Davis? And did he attend a high school with a wrestling team?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching   CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm glad the guy got put in his place
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching   CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 pm

War Helwani!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching   CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm

I loved how big of an outrage there was to this. Who cares if Seth Davis doesn't want to watch MMA?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching   CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching Empty

Back to top Go down

CBS Sports' Seth Davis goes off on 'homoerotic' MMA, doesn't want his sons watching
Page 1 of 1