Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who wins the Superbowl?

Go down 
5 posters

Who wins the Superbowl?
Houston
Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_lcap29%Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Atlanta
Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_lcap14%Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Baltimore
Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_lcap0%Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chicago
 0% [ 0 ]
San Francisco
 14% [ 1 ]
New England
 0% [ 0 ]
Denver
 0% [ 0 ]
Green Bay
Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_lcap29%Who wins the Superbowl? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
NY Giants
 14% [ 1 ]
Pittsburgh
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Who wins the Superbowl? Empty
PostSubject: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am

After the 49'ers and Bears play each team would've played 10 games. Who's your favorite right now to win the Superbowl?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am

I'm going with Green Bay.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 am

Dallas Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm

i plumped for houston because i think they're the best balanced team.

i'd give 6 teams a legitimate shot though and that's not including the giants, who you simply can't sleep on in january. it's the most open season i can remember in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 pm

I voted Texans. I predict Texans-Packets before the season and still feel good with it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Big Blue.

Non homer pick would be Green Bay.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:14 am

The poll is flawed. No Cowboys option.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:51 pm

There are some interesting long shots this year.
http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/super-bowl-futures
I started with 25/1 and down for the list. Of that list I think Cincy and Ravens could be decent bets. I think they are live dogs. Especially for the defending Champion.

Chicago Bears 25/1
Cincinnati Bengals 25/1
Dallas Cowboys 25/1
Baltimore Ravens 28/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 28/1
Washington Redskins 33/1
Detroit Lions 40/1
Indianapolis Colts 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
Minnesota Vikings 40/1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 pm

Denver Broncos 6/1
San Francisco 49ers 6/1
Seattle Seahawks 17/2
New England Patriots 10/1
Atlanta Falcons 12/1
Green Bay Packers 12/1
Houston Texans 18/1
New Orleans Saints 18/1
New York Giants 22/1
Chicago Bears 25/1
Cincinnati Bengals 25/1
Dallas Cowboys 25/1
Baltimore Ravens 28/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 28/1
Washington Redskins 33/1
Detroit Lions 40/1
Indianapolis Colts 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
Minnesota Vikings 40/1
St. Louis Rams 40/1
Kansas City Chiefs 50/1
Philadelphia Eagles 50/1
San Diego Chargers 50/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50/1
Carolina Panthers 66/1
Arizona Cardinals 125/1
New York Jets 125/1
Buffalo Bills 150/1
Cleveland Browns 150/1
Tennessee Titans 150/1
Oakland Raiders 250/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 300/1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 pm

I was just looking at longshots. I'd take Ravens and Cincy over Giants if I was betting.

But my best chances to make the Super Bowl would break down like this.
NFC in order
1. 49ers
2. Packers
3. Saints

AFC
1. Broncos
2. Texans
3. Ravens/Cincy

I think the 2 front runners are the logical choice at the moment.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:40 am

i think the 49ers are the best team on balance, but when was the last time the best team won the superbowl?

if i'm picking long shots the panthers could surprise people. they're quietly building a strong defense and if the OC takes more responsibility for play calling and cam newton less, i think their offense works much more efficiently.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:57 am

cheekynffc wrote:
i think the 49ers are the best team on balance, but when was the last time the best team won the superbowl?

if i'm picking long shots the panthers could surprise people. they're quietly building a strong defense and if the OC takes more responsibility for play calling and cam newton less, i think their offense works much more efficiently.
I don't think they have a prayer at a SB. They have an outside shot at the playoffs, but that's about it. Too many teams that are just better. There is a reason they are in the bottom 10 when it comes to SB odds.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 am

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

I don't think they have a prayer at a SB. They have an outside shot at the playoffs, but that's about it. Too many teams that are just better. There is a reason they are in the bottom 10 when it comes to SB odds.
maybe, but sneaking into the playoffs and hoping the stars align for you is becoming a more and more viable strategy for winning superbowls.

the falcons D looks a mess so i think they'll take a step back and you never know which saints or bucs team is going to show up on sunday. sneak in at 9-7, avoid injuries and benefit from a few soft PI penalties and you're suddenly waving a lombardi trophy around above your head.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:48 am

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

maybe, but sneaking into the playoffs and hoping the stars align for you is becoming a more and more viable strategy for winning superbowls.

the falcons D looks a mess so i think they'll take a step back and you never know which saints or bucs team is going to show up on sunday. sneak in at 9-7, avoid injuries and benefit from a few soft PI penalties and you're suddenly waving a lombardi trophy around above your head.
As far as dark horses go and long shot picks, I personally think your selection is about as bad as it gets. I think even going for teams like Vikings, Colts, Redskins would be a stretch and they are all playoff teams from last season and have much better odds then Panthers. I think Cincy and Baltimore is about as far as you can go down that list with any kind of hope at all.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Super bowls odds

tier 1
49ers, Seahawks, Broncos

tier 2
Bengals, Packers, Patriots, Falcons, Texans
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the Superbowl?   Who wins the Superbowl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wins the Superbowl?