Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best movie you saw this year?

Go down 
+6
OU
cheekynffc
Ludo
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Best movie you saw this year? Empty
PostSubject: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 pm

For me it was Moonrise Kingdom hands down, amazing story an cast , still havent sen Flight though
What yalls ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Avengers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Godfather.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I have Lincoln, Argo, Marley, Beasts of The Southern Wild and The Master still to see. Life of Pi and Looper could be good also, I want to see them as well.

Moonrise Kingdomand Cloud Atlas best I've seen so far though.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 pm

It's still early days yet, I want to wait until The Hobbit comes out before I make a decision.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:16 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I have Lincoln, Argo, Marley, Beasts of The Southern Wild and The Master still to see. Life of Pi and Looper could be good also, I want to see them as well.

Moonrise Kingdomand Cloud Atlas best I've seen so far though.

I wanna see Lincoln and Argo as well
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm

GDP I was liking moonrise a lot and then Jason swartzman finally made his appearance and it solidified the classicness of the film lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 pm

So far for me it's.

1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Looper
4. The Avengers
5. Skyfall
6. Argo
7. Ted
8. The Raid
9. Chronicle
10. Cabin In The Woods

Honorable mention - John Carter, Snow White and The Huntsman, 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, The Muppets, The Amazing Spider-Man.

Worst - Prometheus, Wonderlust, Rampart.

Last edited by Ali on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

1. Sinister
2. Looper
3. End of Watch
4. The Dictator
5. The Raven
6. Ted
7. Silent House
8. Prometheus
9. Dark Knight Rises
10. Hesher
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Ali wrote:
So far for me it's.

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. The Avengers
3. Looper
4. Argo
5. Skyfall
6. Ted
7. The Raid
8. The Amazing Spider-Man
9. Chronicle
10. Cabin In The Woods

Honorable mention - Snow White and The Huntsman, 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, The Muppets.

Worst - Prometheus, Wonderlust, Rampart.

i quite liked rampart though it certainly isn't what you'd call light viewing on a sunday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Ludo wrote:
1. Sinister
2. Looper
3. End of Watch
4. The Dictator
5. The Raven
6. Ted
7. Silent House
8. Prometheus
9. Dark Knight Rises
10. Hesher
I haven't watch Dark Knight Rises yet, will this week since it comes out on DVD tomorrow. I enjoyed Chronicle, but is it really better?

Ummm, I could have sworn you had Chronicle on there? Did you change it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I think I mixed two list together. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
1. Sinister
2. Looper
3. End of Watch
4. The Dictator
5. The Raven
6. Ted
7. Silent House
8. Prometheus
9. Dark Knight Rises
10. Hesher
I haven't watch Dark Knight Rises yet, will this week since it comes out on DVD tomorrow. I enjoyed Chronicle, but is it really better?

Ummm, I could have sworn you had Chronicle on there? Did you change it?

I changed it after remembering Silent House
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Ludo wrote:
1. Sinister
2. Looper
3. End of Watch
4. The Dictator
5. The Raven
6. Ted
7. Silent House
8. Prometheus
9. Dark Knight Rises
10. Hesher
Really? I didn't think it was all that funny. It was better then Borat and the gay movie he did. But those movies were awful.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 pm

The Dictator was watchable. But I didn't think it was that good. I don't what that man's obsession is with penises, but it's not funny.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 pm

I thought it was hilarious. Ali doesn't agree that it was funnier than Borat, though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Ludo wrote:
I thought it was hilarious. Ali doesn't agree that it was funnier than Borat, though.
Borat is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I hated it. There were some funny parts but it was outweighed 10x by horrific, shitty, unfunny, unwatchable shit. Not my style. I'd rather watch those cheap horror movies.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

i thought all his films were boring.

all his characters were best in the 5 minute segments they originally got on a comedy show. they all start to grate on me if i watch for any longer than that.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:05 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Borat is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I hated it. There were some funny parts but it was outweighed 10x by horrific, shitty, unfunny, unwatchable shit. Not my style. I'd rather watch those cheap horror movies.

I don't think you're qualified to make such an assessment since you've watched like 3 horror movies in your life.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

I don't think you're qualified to make such an assessment since you've watched like 3 horror movies in your life.
Very true. I'm totally unqualified to judge any horror movie. But I love comedies and Borat was awful IMO. But Sacha Baron Cohen relies heavy on shock factor for his comedy. He has his moments but for me he misses far more then he hits. He is someone you either love or hate. I lean more toward hate. Not into it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

That's understandable. I personally love his work except for Bruno. Ali-G was some funny shit back when he was doing that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Ludo wrote:
That's understandable. I personally love his work except for Bruno. Ali-G was some funny shit back when he was doing that.
Ali-G had it's moments as well. I could take parts out of his movies that I like but I have a hard time liking his movies as a whole. It's been awhile since I have seen Ali-G but I know it had it's moments.
I can't say much because I like some cheesedick shit that most would say is awful. I also admit that I find his obsession with penis to be a bit disturbing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 am

Ludo wrote:

That's because it wasn't, The Dictator was a generic comedy that followed a script, Borat on the other hand was mostly improvisation which is why I loved it, Sacha Baron Cohen has balls of steel to poke fun at American's like that.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 pm

in theatres have seen

girl with dragon tattoo

hunger games

brave

i rank in that order

saw chronicle on dvd was so bad my wife turned it off. Me being stubborn I took to movie room to finish and yes it sucked a bag of dicks
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
in theatres have seen

girl with dragon tattoo

hunger games

brave

i rank in that order

saw chronicle on dvd was so bad my wife turned it off. Me being stubborn I took to movie room to finish and yes it sucked a bag of dicks

It's a genre piece. I take it you don't like the found footage genre?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best movie you saw this year?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next