Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA quotes from today...

Go down 
+6
oggy420
Cu Bu
timthebim
Ali
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 am

i don't even know what we are talking about at this point. I would hope you know cali better than i do since i've never been there. The point is that crime rates, poverty rates, and things of that nature are pretty telling. Im not saying Stockton is the worst city in the world, but saying that murder rates and poverty rates don't matter because you've been there just doesn't really make sense. I've never been to detroit either but i can paint a pretty good picture of what it is like based off of statistics. That doesn't mean every neighborhood there is bad, but if somebody from detroit told be they've had a fucked up life i'd be inclined to believe them. Not downplay the circumstances of what it is really like there.

I guess i really don't understand your point of this tangent. Is Diaz full of shit? Is he just lying to get people to feel sorry for him? Is he making things up? I mean sure you can say statistics don't matter, but they kind of do. Murder rates and poverty rates aren't cosmetic statistics to prove an argument, they are real things that most rationale people consider when judging a city and what it is like to live there...
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 am

Quote :
I smoke weed so I don't beat my children."

Matt Riddle
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 am

Ali* wrote:
Quote :

Matt Riddle
It was an obvious joke. Hater.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
Quote :

Matt Riddle
It was an obvious joke. Hater.

Dana said it so you know it's 100%AccurateAthenticOfficalTheTruth!!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Alex Caceres wrote:
“I accept full responsibility for my actions and the consequences from
those actions. I apologize to all that I have disappointed, including
the UFC, my family, coaches, training partners and fans. I accept the
sanctions from the UFC and I look forward to completing the necessary
steps to getting back in the octagon following the suspension and
assuring that this never happens again.”

lol matt riddle you so dumb.

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10562:we-think-matt-riddle-burned-every-possible-bridge-with-the-ufc-in-this-interview&catid=34:organizations
Matt Riddle just didn't burn his bridge with the UFC in this interview from Stephanie Joplin,
the guy summoned a level 54 fire elemental and nuked everything in the
vicinity. Don't expect Riddle to mend his rupture with the UFC. We're
pretty sure Matt Riddle is well aware the beef he's created with the UFC
will remove all the probability he will be stepping inside the Octagon
anytime soon. Perhaps that's why he went after Dana White's business
acumen in this recent interview with Stephanie Joplin.

I really don’t have a reaction to it because, to be honest, Dana
White…it’s sad but he’s uneducated to the sport and the industry. He’s
calling me a moron for using my medicine when half his fighters are on
steroids. It’s pretty offensive, but at the same time, I am looking at
the source, and he can’t help himself

Even now, I don’t have a dislike for Dana White or the UFC. But
really, he’s just a juice monkey who’s bald, who doesn’t know sh** about
business. He just yells the F word and expects things to be handed to
him.

Joplin also mentioned Matt Riddle believes the UFC is trying to eliminate wrestling from the promotion and even cites Dave Herman in this example:

It’s 100% true! Look at Dave Herman, he failed two drug
tests, doesn’t even have a medical license and he still has a job. He’s
lost three fights in a row. I’ve won four fights in a row, I got
Submission of the Night; I have a medical license, but they fired me
without hesitation.
That's some tin-foil hat stuff right there. In fact, I'm jealous I didn't think of it before Matt Riddle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Martin Kampmann wrote:
"[Nick Diaz has] still got a ton of hype behind him... he's ranked in the top ten, so that would be a good win for me. Yeah, I'd love to beat his (expletive)."

Comment section has some funny pics.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/23/4139382/ufc-martin-kampmann-would-love-to-beat-nick-diaz-mma
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm

"Dear Mr. Georges St. Pierre

Hi, My name is Chan Sung Jung from South Korea. As one of many Koreans who like you as an incredible athlete, I feel like I should tell you that many Korean fans, including myself, were shocked to see you in your gi designed after the Japanese 'Rising Sun Flag'. For Asians, this flag is a symbol of war crimes, much like the German Hakenkreuzflagge. Did you know that? I hope not.

Just like Nazis, the Japanese also committed atrocities under the name of 'Militarism'. You can easily learn what they've done by googling (please do), although it's only the tiny tip of an enormous iceberg.

Furthermore, the Japanese Government never gave a sincere apology, and still to this day, so many victims are dying in pain, heartbroken, without being compensated. But many westerners like to wear clothes designed after the symbol under which so many war crimes and so much tragedy happened, which is ridiculous.

I know most of them are not militarists. I know most of them do not approve unjustified invasion, torture, massacre, etc. They're just ignorant. It's such a shame that many westerners are not aware of this tragic fact. Wearing Rising Sun outfits is as bad as wearing clothes with the Nazi mark on it, if not worse.

Since you're influenced by Japanese Martial Arts, your wearing a headband designed after Japanese flag is understandable. But again, that huge 'Rising Sun' on your Gi means something else.

Many people say GSP is the best Welterweight fighter throughout history, to which I totally agree. This means you have a great influence on every single fan of yours all around the world. And I do believe your wearing 'the symbol of War Crime' is a very bad example for them, not to mention for yourself.

So, what do you reckon?
Do you want to wear the same Gi next time as well?"
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Quote :
“His training camps are very difficult. I’ve done a lot of training camps. I could tell you the energy, time and money and hours spent doing a GSP training camp is ridiculous. It’s borderline insane. There’s a lot of effort going into preparing him for his fights. Can he live this lifestyle for another four or five years? I don’t know. Because it’s not a balanced lifestyle. It’s not a balanced lifestyle for him … He’s giving up a lot of free time and leisure time and experiences he could be having in life to maintain his title, to maintain this excellence. It’s a difficult thing to do. He’s going to have to make that choice one fight at a time. Does he want to go through another training camp? Right now at this time, yes, for sure. There’s no doubt in my mind he wants to do another one, but down the line, two or three more training camps, is he still going to want to do it? That’s up to him. Does he still have the fire and the passion? We’ll see … There’s always a guy that pops up. Jake Ellenberger looked great, and then there’s going to be another guy. There’s Demian Maia. Demian Maia’s on a win streak. There’s always an up-and-comer. You can’t forget that every time there’s a show, the deck gets shuffled. That’s why I don’t really believe there’s nobody else. Look at Robbie Lawler, for instance. He had a tremendous win. Very impressive win. That guy can hit you with one punch and it’s over. Same thing with Jake Ellenberger, same thing with [Johny] Hendricks. There are so many studs out there. Tomorrow, when you run out of them, the next day you’ll find a new guy with a great performance, like Erick Silva, for instance. I’m sure he’s going to go on a winning streak. He just lost to Jon Fitch. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins three, four fights in a row. I wouldn’t be surprised at all. It wouldn’t shock me the least bit, and he could become a number one contender. There’s always going to be another guy. There’s too many good guys out there. I think it’s a myth that the division can be cleaned out.”

Firas Zahabi
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Craig Clement, Co-Preident, Hayabusa Fighwear Inic. wrote:
Since Georges St-Pierre wore our walkout gi at UFC 158
we have received attention surrounding the negative connotation of the
rising sun graphic used. The last thing we want is to offend or alienate
anyone with the choice of design on our products.

We at Hayabusa have the
utmost respect for culture and history and appreciate all of our
customers worldwide. As such, we accept full responsibility for this
design and are taking all complaints and comments very seriously.

The gi worn by GSP will not
be brought to market. In addition, we will be very conscious of this
specific design element when developing future communication materials
and products.

Please accept our sincerest
apology for any offence this has caused. If you have any questions or
comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us
at customerservice@hayabusafightwear.com. One of our representatives
will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Craig Clement
Co-President
Hayabusa Fightwear Inc.

Georges St. Pierre wrote:
I'd like to also personally apologize to anyone who was offended by this. I am very sorry, that was never my intention.

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Quote :
"The UFC is going to obviously tell us what they want to do. I think Georges would do either fight to be honest with you," Zahabi said during an appearance on Sherdog Radio Network's "Cheap Seats" show.

"If he fights Hendricks, I think [St-Pierre] could fight for longer. He could have more fights after that. If he fights Anderson Silva, I could really see that being his last fight. He'll retire after that because there won't be a bigger fight for him to do, I think, anymore in his career."

"Win or lose, I think he'll probably end on that note, on Anderson Silva," Zahabi said. "Maybe that's why it's been pushed back a little bit, but I think when it does happen, it'll be the last one because once he goes up a weight class, he's never coming back down."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:46 pm

MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 Dna_1610
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Ross Pearson talking about Erin Beach (his boxing coach on TUF Smashies) but we'll just say that he wrote:
“So, we were there filming and it was all cool. And, I think it was the second or third fight and Australia went one, we went one. Me and my coaches were going back to the guest hotel where we were staying. And obviously, because we won the fight, we were cheering and jumping around. Just acting silly, really. And Team Australia’s coaches, George and his team, must have found that offensive, you know? So, they are all outside our hotel and we are all in our UFC TUF: Smashes gear and George confronted us, tried to start a street fight, like a group fight. It was crazy. So I separated them from the street. And from that, it started like a little bit of a twitter back-and-forth fight between me and George. Just telling him to get ready to fight in December blah, blah, blah. And then my assistant boxing coach, Erin Beach, he happened to say a few things on Twitter and George didn’t like it. A few days down the road, filming on the set, but off camera, George cheap shotted Erin. Yeah, cheap shotted him from behind. Like punched him straight in the face from behind. Crazy things happened. Obviously George didn’t put Erin down on the floor. He backed Erin up a little bit and tried to go in to finish him off and Erin knocked George out. It turned into a street fight. Obviously, UFC wasn’t happy with what happened but it was just ridiculous, really. George didn’t even fight him like a man, cheap shotted him when he wasn’t looking. When I said all the things that I said about the show I wasn’t lying. I did lose all respect for George, I still don’t respect him now. He’s done some ridiculous things. When I said that’s the real George Sotiropoulos, that’s what I was talking about. He was crazy man. The guy has problems, he’s got issues. Those were the things I was saying but I couldn’t release what happened. And I was telling the truth, I didn’t lie.”
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Jon Jones wrote:
Chael is in the 'promote fight' business. That's how he got in this situation in the first place. I'm in the 'remain champion' business.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:20 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ross Pearson talking about Erin Beach (his boxing coach on TUF Smashies) but we'll just say that he wrote:
“So, we were there filming and it was all cool. And, I think it was the second or third fight and Australia went one, we went one. Me and my coaches were going back to the guest hotel where we were staying. And obviously, because we won the fight, we were cheering and jumping around. Just acting silly, really. And Team Australia’s coaches, George and his team, must have found that offensive, you know? So, they are all outside our hotel and we are all in our UFC TUF: Smashes gear and George confronted us, tried to start a street fight, like a group fight. It was crazy. So I separated them from the street. And from that, it started like a little bit of a twitter back-and-forth fight between me and George. Just telling him to get ready to fight in December blah, blah, blah. And then my assistant boxing coach, Erin Beach, he happened to say a few things on Twitter and George didn’t like it. A few days down the road, filming on the set, but off camera, George cheap shotted Erin. Yeah, cheap shotted him from behind. Like punched him straight in the face from behind. Crazy things happened. Obviously George didn’t put Erin down on the floor. He backed Erin up a little bit and tried to go in to finish him off and Erin knocked George out. It turned into a street fight. Obviously, UFC wasn’t happy with what happened but it was just ridiculous, really. George didn’t even fight him like a man, cheap shotted him when he wasn’t looking. When I said all the things that I said about the show I wasn’t lying. I did lose all respect for George, I still don’t respect him now. He’s done some ridiculous things. When I said that’s the real George Sotiropoulos, that’s what I was talking about. He was crazy man. The guy has problems, he’s got issues. Those were the things I was saying but I couldn’t release what happened. And I was telling the truth, I didn’t lie.”

annnnd, rebuttal

George Sotiropolous wrote:
“It’s time to set the record straight with Ross Pearson’s false statements.
There was no shortage of drama produced both on and off the set of TUF Smashes.

The incident he describes started with Team UK coach Erin Beach
inviting me to fight and directing bold statements towards me on
twitter. The following was a confrontation that ended with Beach
unsuccessfully seeking refuge in a locked closet, followed with hiding
behind a pregnant woman in the producers office.

At no stage was anyone knocked out, locked out or tapped out. Pearson
was not present and did not witness the creative story he speaks of.

I’m bewildered as to why Pearson continues to talk about me four
months after our fight. He continues to focus and obsess with great
enthusiasm and is obviously thinking more about me than I am thinking
about him. His problem not mine. If he seeks a rematch I’ll gladly
oblige him sometime in the future.”

So, who you gonna believe?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Jon Jones wrote:
People know that Chael Sonnen has done steroids throughout his whole
career and that's probably why his testosterone is low now. I don't
think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that's what I
meant when I said he lacks champion's soul.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Frankly Mir wrote:
"Honestly, I think the guy got so ill, he just couldn't do it
anymore. He had to leave or his quality of life wouldn't have been
normal. We didn't get to see the Brock I fought. Had he not been ill,
things would have been different."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Frankly Mir wrote:
"Honestly, I think the guy got so ill, he just couldn't do it
anymore. He had to leave or his quality of life wouldn't have been
normal. We didn't get to see the Brock I fought. Had he not been ill,
things would have been different."

LOL that's hilarious. Frank trying to build himself up.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Everything is better with Chuck "the Iceman" Lilddell wrote:
"I would beat him, I always said that I would. I have the advantage in weight and height, so it would be more likely that I would beat him. But Anderson is one of my favorite fighters."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:27 pm

“I don’t take any of that personal. I don’t really tune into the underground and all that other stuff. People come to me and they say, ‘Oh, he said this and he said that.’ I don’t care; I know what the truth is. I know how I have treated people, how I tried to treat them. And yeah, fighting with them to get a fair shake and be told the truth and, it’s been a struggle all along, from ancillary rights down the line. I don’t take any of that personal. I don’t really tune into it. In the day-to-day running of my life, it’s a small thing. But, when you start talking about somebody’s kids and their family, yeah, you’re crossing the line. I don’t think he would like it if I did those sorts of things to him. I know his wife, I know his kids.

He’s got my sons fate in his hands in some way here. With Ryan competing and not allowing me to continue to progress and work with my son in his fight career is ridiculous and that bothers me. It bothers me that he could affect my son’s livelihood. My son has earned his spot. Ryan has done the work, he has the passion for the sport and he’s doing all of the right things. So for him to be hindered and hampered by Dana and Dana’s feelings towards me, it isn’t fair and that bothers me.”
- Former UFC Champion Randy Couture, via MMAfighting’s ‘The MMA Hour‘.
- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/randy-couture-dana-white-crossing-the-line-with-my-family/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+MMA+NEWS+BLOGS%29#sthash.FCKiJUCN.dpuf
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1656897-ufc-vs-wwe-jon-jones-manager-blasts-brock-lesnar-paul-heyman-on-twitter wrote:
HeymanHustle

So thanks to @malkikawa for making my day. Have 1 of your clients on the Hustle. Or send @MieshaTate my way when she dumps her BF.
6:06 PM - 30 May 2013

Laughing
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Juicy back and fort there
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Maybe not the most legendary legend, there is a level to all things, but pretty f n decent.  I saw Matrix had him as the 18th best LHW of all time, among some good dudes in there.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Tito Ortiz wrote:
"Forrest deserves it. He beat me, and he beat some other really good guys. He was a world champion. He had some great fights. I think he deserves it. As far as Stephan, I have nothing against the guy, but you've got to be a world champion, I think, to be in the Hall of Fame."

Nick Diaz wrote:
"It's all geared toward this certain scoring criteria that's really ass-backwards," Diaz said. "Spastic movements are made on account of a lack of technical aspects, so some fighters try to make up for this lacking technical aspect with some sort of frantic, spastic movement. And they're awarding points for more of that stuff. They spazz out, all over the f--king place. And, all of a sudden, at the end of the fight, you realize ... Hector Lombard lost [to Tim Boetsch]? What the f--k is that? He landed all the clean shots and stood his ground. That dude [Boetsch] had to bounce around and move around all over the place. Frantically!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA quotes from today...
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next