Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA quotes from today...

Go down 
+6
oggy420
Cu Bu
timthebim
Ali
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

MMA quotes from today... Empty
PostSubject: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:53 am

If you see or hear something out there in the MMA world you think is noteworthy, share it in this thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:56 am

Mark Hominick wrote:
You’ve Got to Put On an Exciting Fight or You’ll Be Buried on the Undercard

Just kinda burns me that in this sport today, being good and winning your fight is considered not good enough anymore.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/mark-hominick-youve-got-to-put-on-an-exciting-fight-or-youll-be-buried-on-the-undercard-video
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 am

I'm not so sure I agree with that. Sure there are times when we look at the undercard and ask why something isn't on the main, but they do a pretty good job I think. And anymore, there's no such thing as being buried on undercards. FX will have close to a million viewers and even Fuel like 150k.

Quote :
FX has not announced the official date or night that the next installment of TUF will air, however, it is highly unlikely it will air Wednesday nights," wrote Dominic Pagone, the Vice President of Media Relations of FX in a message to MMAFighting.com. "The official announcement will be coming in the next two or three weeks.

A day after Dana says it will be Wednesdays...not so fast my friend
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Rory MacDonald wrote:
I think (Penn) is fighting for the wrong reasons, and it's going to get him hurt
He's fighting for status, something that isn't real. People's opinions,
he wants to change people's opinions. Maybe he doesn't realize that
those things are not real.

Been in awe of his talent but impartial of his character up to this
point, but after the primetime, he seemed like a little dweb more or
less, impressionable and a poser. I hope he gets ko'd so bad he poops a little.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Dan Severn wrote:
Companies were contacting me from all over the place. I had a pager. I'd get calls and have to be ready with 24 hours notice to get to the airport, to a destination I'd just find out about, transported to a location to be determined, against an opponent I just found out, with a purse I just found out. They were almost all an underground type of thing.

Once, I had an opportunity to fight in Mexico. It was in a cockfighting pit. The idea of the show was to start with rooster fights, then do dog fights, and finish as the main event with human beings. This organization wanted no rules at all, and you could wear jeans and cowboy boots. I turned that one down. I thought, 'I may win, but I may not get out alive.'
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Hector Lombard wrote:
Well, my response is like
he needs to be a better person on the inside. You know? I think that
the guy, something really wrong happened to him. You know? He needs to
be a better person, inside and out. I say stuff about him, because he
made the comment that he was going to break my leg regardless if I would
have tapped or not.

Which is, you know, I don't know what's wrong with that guy. And now,
you know, that happened to him. I mean, he's a cheater. What else can I
say?

Well, I never had respect for him from the beginning anyway. How can I
have respect for a guy that intentionally breaks people's legs. I cannot
have respect for that guy. You know, I think that he is a shame for the
sport.

The sport needs to clean up from people like him. I think that he needs
to go and fight people in the street or something. This is a
professional sport where you need discipline and you need to be a
professional. Guys like that are bad for the UFC. They are bad for the
sport. Shame on him.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Glover Teixeira wrote:
"Imagine if your brain was like in your stomach or somewhere or the feet somewhere, and you can't get knocked out. All the fights would go three rounds, and they'd be bored. People like fights because of the knockouts and submissions. That's what makes the sport so exciting."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:24 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Glover Teixeira wrote:
"Imagine if your brain was like in your stomach or somewhere or the feet somewhere, and you can't get knocked out. All the fights would go three rounds, and they'd be bored. People like fights because of the knockouts and submissions. That's what makes the sport so exciting."
Brilliant minds like this shouldn't be wasting their time fighting.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:21 pm

MMA quotes from today... Screen-Shot-2013-02-06-at-10.58.31-AM

tell him I gave Reem the Shogun jinx.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 pm

MMA quotes from today... Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm

MMA quotes from today... Kenny-florian-gray-maynard_medium

Kenny barely made it and Gray is clearly bigger. I don't think he'll go down.

And this thread is dumb. Why not start threads for individual topics.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Dana White wrote:

"If he starts training again and gets another injury that's going to
take him out for a year – and I hate to even say this about the kid
since he's a really good kid – but he should seriously probably look at
retiring," White said. "But I'm not taking something like [the title]
from somebody.

"The way that it works in the fight business is
you beat the man who beat the man. Obviously, though, if he had to
retire, then [the interim titleholder] would automatically become the
champion."
"We expect him to come back," White said. "Everything is going as
well as can be expected, and hopefully he comes back soon. But that's
really all I can say."

I approve, only way an actual champion should lose his title outside of the cage is if he retires, joins a different promotion or if he or she has a big problem with rule infractions.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Dana White wrote:

"If he starts training again and gets another injury that's going to
take him out for a year – and I hate to even say this about the kid
since he's a really good kid – but he should seriously probably look at
retiring," White said. "But I'm not taking something like [the title]
from somebody.

"The way that it works in the fight business is
you beat the man who beat the man. Obviously, though, if he had to
retire, then [the interim titleholder] would automatically become the
champion."
"We expect him to come back," White said. "Everything is going as
well as can be expected, and hopefully he comes back soon. But that's
really all I can say."

I approve, only way an actual champion should lose his title outside of the cage is if he retires, joins a different promotion or if he or she has a big problem with rule infractions.
Yeah I agree they shouldn't strip the title. Not unless he fails some kind of random drug test. I wonder if they would test him? Athletes use illegal substances to return from injury all the time in all sports.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Rey "Sugarfoot" Sefo wrote:
"All these fighters looking for a home, obviously for us, it's gotta
make sense. I don't think we're at a point yet where we can go and play
with that kind of money. That's just being real. We'll take one step at a
time. 'Rampage' is a great fighter and he would be a great asset, but
at the same time it's kinda pointless for us to do any kind of
negotiation like that [during his UFC matching period]. We'll just wait
and let that play out."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Yesterday at the UFC on Fuel press conference in London, Dana White threw out this interesting little tidbit:

"Anderson would go to (welterweight), too,” “Yeah, he said he’d do it. He says he can make (170) easy. It’s insane.”
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Quote :
“TRT has become a way for people to cheat. If this is what your normal level should be and then you have guys training at huge levels (of testosterone) for their whole camp then tapering down to get to normal levels before the fucking fight, that’s cheating, and I don’t like it anymore.”

http://www.mmaopinion.co.uk/2013/02/15/dana-white-trt-is-cheating-and-im-100-percent-against-it/
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Chale Sonnen wrote:
"Does Lyoto Machida deserve another title shot? Absolutely. Is he a great fighter? Absolutely. I'm in on the business. I'm in on the pay per view. So is Jon Jones, but neither of us want to fight him because he can't draw flies. That's the bottom line. He got booed tonight, he got booed in his last fight. I can't sell out an arena with you. I can't sell PPV's with you. I'm not giving him the shot. Alexander Gustafsson, Gegard Mousasi, step up and I'll take the winner."

I think this quotes relevancy to the state of MMA is HIGH.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Machida was booed for knocking out Bader ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:29 pm

"It's not fair. I lose my time doing this. I don't like doing this.
I'm talking to you guys, seriously, I despise it. I like you guys, but I
don't like doing this. It's not you that I don't like, but basically,
for people who know me, I've been repeating the same thing 50 times
every week. It's like a computer in my head. I don't like it, but it's
part of my job. Every job is not perfect. He has to do the same. It's
always not fair."

-- UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre talks to Canadian
media Thursday about having to do more media than his UFC 158
counterpart Nick Diaz. He also talks about his training for the fights,
rankings, and more.

Hard not to agree with GSP on that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Hector Lombard wrote:
(Okami)'s extremely strong, and he has a long reach. It's going to be fun. He's going to come and hug me. I don't want to be hugged, so I've got to punch him

become boring, and then get cut because you're boring. I don't want to do that. I want to go out there and punch him and be exciting. I don't care if I get KOd. I just want to punch him left and right."

Yikes, more fighters with the idea in their head that it's not about winning or losing, it's about Just Bweeding!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Hector Lombard wrote:
(Okami)'s extremely strong, and he has a long reach. It's going to be fun. He's going to come and hug me. I don't want to be hugged, so I've got to punch him

become boring, and then get cut because you're boring. I don't want to do that. I want to go out there and punch him and be exciting. I don't care if I get KOd. I just want to punch him left and right."

Yikes, more fighters with the idea in their head that it's not about winning or losing, it's about Just Bweeding!
Not sure what's worse, this or the Schaub mentality.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Damned if you do damned if you don't world. The only safety at Zuffa comes from being good enough to not just win but finish your fight or being interesting to people who don't care a whole lot about MMA.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Damned if you do damned if you don't world. The only safety at Zuffa comes from being good enough to not just win but finish your fight or being interesting to people who don't care a whole lot about MMA.
Yeah you better create some kind of character/personality and start running your mouth if you want some job security at Zuffa. Better get those twitter followers up.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm

He doesn't strike me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer...

Quote :
“Gomi better not be crying I missed weight, after I win because those 2 lbs cost 24 thousand dollars. If I could have cut it I would have Crying or Very sad“ Sanchez tweeted early this morning.

And damn, Sanchez gets paid too much to be missing weight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

I hope gomi smokes dirty Sanchez.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA quotes from today...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next