Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
SOKO
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test Empty
PostSubject: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:44 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31413/stephan-bonnar-dave-herman-fail-ufc-153-drug-tests-await-potential-suspensions.mma
UFC 153 fighters Stephan Bonnar (15-8 MMA, 8-7 UFC) and Dave Herman (21-5 MMA, 1-3 UFC) each tested positive for banned substances in their post-fight drug screens.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with Ultimate Fighting Championship officials that all 24 fighters who competed at this past month's UFC 153 event in Brazil were tested, and Bonnar and Herman were the lone two competitors who failed the screen.

Bonnar tested positive for Drostanolone, an anabolic steroid, while Herman's screen was flagged for marijuana metabolites.

UFC 153 took place Oct. 13 at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena. Anderson Silva defeated Bonnar in the evening's headliner while Herman was submitted by Antonio Rodrgio Nogueira in the co-main event.

With the lack of an athletic commission to govern the event, UFC officials took the role of overseeing the fight card. UFC exec Marc Ratner said the company has yet to issue a suspension to the fighters but is expected to do so sometime next week.

Bonnar earlier this week announced his retirement. His first positive test and subsequent suspension came after UFC 62, at which he dropped a unanimous decision loss to Forrest Griffin in their rematch. At that event, the Las Vegas-based Bonnar tested positive for a Boldenone metabolite that resulted from anabolic-steroid use.

Following the suspension, Bonnar owned up to the infraction, saying he was trying to speed up the rehab of an injured elbow in time for the Griffin fight. He was suspended for nine months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and fined $5,000.

After a three-fight losing skid that included unanimous decision losses to eventual light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman, Bonnar bounced back in 2010 with a second-round TKO win over Krzysztof Soszynski, then dominant unanimous decision wins over Igor Pokrajac and Kyle Kingsbury.

After a layoff of nearly a year, he got the chance of his career when he was asked to face Silva in Brazil in a light heavyweight bout on just a month's notice. Bonnar came out swinging, but eventually succumbed to a Silva knee to the midsection and follow-up punches on the ground in the first round. It was the first time he had been stopped, not counting two stoppages from cuts.

"Huge thanks to every UFC fan out there!" the Carlson Gracie-trained Bonnar stated on Facebook, announcing his retirement. "All I ever wanted was to bring ya'll some fun...hope u were entertained. Peace, love, & violence!"

Earlier this week, Bonnar's wife gave birth to the couple's first child.

Drostanolone is an anabolic steroid in the dihydrotestosterone family. Earlier this year, former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal tested positive for the same substance.

For Herman, the failed test is also his second offense. The heavyweight was in 2011 scratched from a planned matchup with Mike Russow when he failed a pre-fight drug screen issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Herman later revealed marijuana was the offending substance, though he denied using the drug.

The remaining 22 fighters on the card all tested negative for drugs of abuse (such as marijuana and cocaine), as well as anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancers.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm

WTF Bonnar? I was just getting past the last tme you failed a test.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Herman failed for sleeping pills WTF? Can't you get a exemption for that if you need them?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:32 pm

I fucking knew bonnar was on the juice dude was as big as he has ever been. Sucks too I had gotten over the last one and became a fan. Fuck off bonnar and join the rest of them faggot ass cheaters. JDS for president
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:46 pm

OU wrote:
Herman failed for sleeping pills WTF? Can't you get a exemption for that if you need them?
I read when it first came out it was sleeping pills. But I guess it was marijuana metabolites.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

You mean someone took steroids and still got their ass beat by a vastly more talented fighter? I am SHOCKED
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm

I am kind of not surprised with Bonnar failing the test. I might of even posted half in jest that he would probably juice like crazy with the chance of winning no matter what then being done with the sport.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Remember when Herman was denying using marijuana when he tested positive before he was suppose to fight Russow? I wonder if he is still denying that shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Quote :
"I don't even smoke. I haven't even had a beer in two months."
-Herman

Quote :
"I have been friends with Dave Herman for seven years and have trained with him and hung out with (him) hundreds of times during that time span. At no point have I hever seen him smoke marijuana or even talk about it. Dave's drug of choice is beer," McCorkle wrote. "And I don't believe for a second that he takes or has taken steroids. Dave is a genetic freak who can eat fast food five (times) a day, drink a case of beer every night, and still look the way he does physically. If you look at his body throughout his career, he has actually gotten smaller and leaner over the years."
-McCorkle

both statements were for the LAST time Herman tested positive for marijuana. Wonder what they have to say this time?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I am kind of not surprised with Bonnar failing the test. I might of even posted half in jest that he would probably juice like crazy with the chance of winning no matter what then being done with the sport.

Apparently the thing he tested for is used to cut weight. It was kind of short notice wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Bonnar lost what little respect he had
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Bonnar just ruined Steroids reputation.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm

lol, I'm stealing that, FACT!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 am

OU wrote:
Quote :
"I don't even smoke. I haven't even had a beer in two months."
-Herman

Quote :
"I have been friends with Dave Herman for seven years and have trained with him and hung out with (him) hundreds of times during that time span. At no point have I hever seen him smoke marijuana or even talk about it. Dave's drug of choice is beer," McCorkle wrote. "And I don't believe for a second that he takes or has taken steroids. Dave is a genetic freak who can eat fast food five (times) a day, drink a case of beer every night, and still look the way he does physically. If you look at his body throughout his career, he has actually gotten smaller and leaner over the years."
-McCorkle

both statements were for the LAST time Herman tested positive for marijuana. Wonder what they have to say this time?

I was thinking the same thing OU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm

It's not Bonnar's fault he was just following his idol....

Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test Tumblr_mctvcpKzlc1qa00jlo1_r1_400
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Ali wrote:
It's not Bonnar's fault he was just following his idol....

Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test Tumblr_mctvcpKzlc1qa00jlo1_r1_400

Bonnar is actually a gay muslim
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

Quote :
@BigSexyMcCorkle
I knew he did it the first time too, lol

That was his tweet back to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Can Bonnar even be punished now that he's retired ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Ali wrote:
Can Bonnar even be punished now that he's retired ?
He can be fined and he can still be suspended. But the suspension would be kind of meaningless. Except it would remove any temptation of taking another fight anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm

LOL at Spong's response to marijuana. Question: "Do you think marijuana is as bad as..." Spong interrupts: "No, no...I'm from Amsterdam"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:48 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/19/3664796/ufc-153-dana-white-stephan-bonnar-mma-news

So you are so disgusted with Bonnar that you won't even talk to him but you tossed around the idea of giving Reem an immediate title shot and you are pushing Chael Sonnen harder than any other fighter in the UFC?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test   Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnar and Dave Herman fail drug test
Page 1 of 1