Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reahad Evans ducked Glover

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Reahad Evans ducked Glover Empty
PostSubject: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 pm

I'll post the tweets when I get home later tonight
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm

So...Shogun, Rampage, Rashad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 am

Hmm three weeks notice to face Glover in Brazil I don't really call that a duck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:19 am

killerofchicken wrote:
I'll post the tweets when I get home later tonight
Quote :

"I don't know. I talked to Dana [White] early this week and we talked about maybe December. But I'm thinking maybe January or February. I will fight anybody. I want to get a fight at light heavyweight. They offered me a fight, but it was against Glover Teixeira and I only had three weeks to fight and I haven't been training. I was like, ‘no way, not with that notice in Brazil.'"

Reahad Evans ducked Glover Scaled.php?server=4&filename=uyiyui
Reahad Evans ducked Glover Scaled.php?server=845&filename=uyiyui
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:33 am

Reahad Evans ducked Glover Black_chicken
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 am

Isn't Evans the one that said Jones owed it to the fans and to the UFC to take the Sonnen fight on much shorter notice?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:33 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
Isn't Evans the one that said Jones owed it to the fans and to the UFC to take the Sonnen fight on much shorter notice?

Bones was already fresh from almost a full camp, Shad's not been training at all and has looked heavy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:36 am

Jones was scheduled to fight that day and had trained for it.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am

Ali wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

Bones was already fresh from almost a full camp, Shad's not been training at all and has looked heavy.

This plus the fight isn't even worth it.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 am

So it's completely OK and the fighter should have to take the fight if they have been in camp and it's less then a week before the fight. But 3 weeks isn't enough time to get ready. Too bad Evans has been in camp and training with his guys getting them ready for their fights. I don't buy the excuse.

Especially when he says as one of his reasons that fighting another person is much harder then people think. So it's OK for Jones but not for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
So it's completely OK and the fighter should have to take the fight if they have been in camp and it's less then a week before the fight. But 3 weeks isn't enough time to get ready. Too bad Evans has been in camp and training with his guys getting them ready for their fights. I don't buy the excuse.

Especially when he says as one of his reasons that fighting another person is much harder then people think. So it's OK for Jones but not for me.

Helping train fighters and training for a fight is completely different, you should know that.

Is three weeks really enough time to organize camp, get sparring partners and lose weight ??
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 am

Ali wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

Helping train fighters and training for a fight is completely different, you should know that.

Is three weeks really enough time to organize camp, get sparring partners and lose weight ??

I'm fine with him not taking the fight because of the short notice but don't say how other people should do it when you're not going to do it yourself.

Last edited by Primetyme199 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 am

freakzilla wrote:

For a completely different opponent and style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:11 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

For a completely different opponent and style.

Sonnen had less than 1% chance of beating Jones.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
So...Shogun, Rampage, Rashad

Don't forget Bonnar. He also turned down the Glover fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 pm

I think all the fucking around needs to end and Glover vs Jones should be booked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think all the fucking around needs to end and Glover vs Jones should be booked.
How is another fighter turning down a fight with Glover going to solve anything?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reahad Evans ducked Glover   Reahad Evans ducked Glover Empty

Back to top Go down

Reahad Evans ducked Glover
Page 1 of 1