Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** Empty
PostSubject: ******\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Bacon, pork shortage 'now unavoidable,' industry group says

Might want to get your fill of ham this year, because "a world shortage of pork and bacon next year is now unavoidable," according to an industry trade group.

Blame the drought conditions that blazed through the corn and soybean crop this year. Less feed led to herds declining across the European Union “at a significant rate,” according to the National Pig Assn. in Britain.

And the trend “is being mirrored around the world,” according to a release (hat tip to the Financial Times).

In the second half of next year, the number of slaughtered pigs could fall 10%, doubling the price of European pork, according to the release.

The trade group urged supermarkets to pay pig farmers a fair price for the meat to help cover the drought-related losses.

In U.S. warehouses, pork supply soared to a record last month, rising 31% to 580.8 million pounds at the end of August from a year earlier, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

The surge came as farmers scaled down their herds as feeding the animals became increasingly expensive.

In July, global food prices leaped 10% from the month before, according to the World Bank. Maize and wheat jumped 25% while soybeans rose 17%.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/la-fi-mo-pork-bacon-shortage-20120924,0,6240960.story
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:16 pm

lol you ass I thought war had broken out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Ali wrote:
lol you ass I thought war had broken out.
This news is super cereal.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm

I better update my Blue&Gold Sausage order...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Good I need to go on a diet anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:32 pm

timthebim wrote:

Diets are for women !!!!

For your punishement I want you to have steak for breakfast the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Diets are for women !!!!

For your punishement I want you to have steak for breakfast the rest of the week.
in what world is this punishment?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Diets are for women !!!!

In vegan circles I reckon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Diets are for women !!!!

It's a punishement for your arteries.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:00 am

Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Diets are for women !!!!

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******   ******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////****** Empty

Back to top Go down

******\\\\MAJOR NEWS////******
Page 1 of 1