Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitor let up when he heard the pops

Go down 
+8
cheekynffc
cascade_run
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
Cu Bu
acccardinal12
OU
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:19 pm

Well, you do have a choice...Vitor made the other choice..the foolish one. He was going to hold the arm bar as it was instead of kill the arm. I just don't believe that Vitor was not in a position to snap that arm with little to no resistance if he would have just acted..he didnt, and he admits he didnt.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:21 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Well, you do have a choice...Vitor made the other choice..the foolish one. He was going to hold the arm bar as it was instead of kill the arm. I just don't believe that Vitor was not in a position to snap that arm with little to no resistance if he would have just acted..he didnt, and he admits he didnt.

Well u are right he does have a choice I guess but in the reverse role do u think Bones would have broke his? I do.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Yes...Bones would have snapped Vitors arm with no hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:29 pm

I agree Vitor chose not to pure and simple. Maybe being injured all those times in his career has made him think about the long term effects of broken bones and shit on one's career and didn't want to do that to another fighter. But at the same time that's not the right mentality to have. It's not your job to make sure the other guy doesn't get hurt. That's up to the other guy and the ref.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Ludo wrote:
I agree Vitor chose not to pure and simple. Maybe being injured all those times in his career has made him think about the long term effects of broken bones and shit on one's career and didn't want to do that to another fighter. But at the same time that's not the right mentality to have. It's not your job to make sure the other guy doesn't get hurt. That's up to the other guy and the ref.

Agree.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Ludo wrote:

I think the problem is that via training, u learn to let go of the arm early. U r not breaking arms in camp. Your letting the guy go even b4 the pops which Vitor felt. It's not like Vitor was out there thinking about it, he felt it, he let it go a bit, and that's all it takes for the guy to escape. Split second stuff.

So unless u really have that "i'll bust that guys arm" mentality, it's hard to overcome the training.

Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ludo wrote:

I think the problem is that via training, u learn to let go of the arm early. U r not breaking arms in camp. Your letting the guy go even b4 the pops which Vitor felt. It's not like Vitor was out there thinking about it, he felt it, he let it go a bit, and that's all it takes for the guy to escape. Split second stuff.

So unless u really have that "i'll bust that guys arm" mentality, it's hard to overcome the training.

good point
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Quote :
"I wouldn't let his arm go at all. I would have brought it back to Brazil. But I think Vitor didn't relax his hold, I think Jon Jones had the merit to get away from that position. That was almost set, maybe 90%, but then the champion’s spirit spoke more strongly,”
-Machida
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:39 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :
"I wouldn't let his arm go at all. I would have brought it back to Brazil. But I think Vitor didn't relax his hold, I think Jon Jones had the merit to get away from that position. That was almost set, maybe 90%, but then the champion’s spirit spoke more strongly,”
-Machida

I agree with Machida.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitor let up when he heard the pops   Vitor let up when he heard the pops - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitor let up when he heard the pops
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2