Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 pm

its clear she does not understand anything that has happened since she was popped for roids.
via bloodyelbow

After Ronda Rousey defeated Sarah Kaufman in the main event of last week's Strikeforce event, she called out Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos as expected. Cyborg had been shown in the crowd earlier, but they didn't pan to her for reactions during Rousey's speech like they normally would. Most people probably didn't think much of it at the time, but there was actually a reason that Cyborg wasn't shown - she wasn't in her seat. The California State Athletic Commission apparently removed her from there, saying that fighters under suspension can't be at shows. Cyborg explained to Tatame:

"I watched all fights but on the last one, Ronda's, a woman working on the event came to tell me I had to leave because the commission doesn't accept suspended athletes on the shows. My manager talked to the guys at the commission and there's really a law that says that. I was upset for the way they treated me. They could've pulled me on a corner and told me, not in front of the fans. I was taking pictures and they interrupted me, saying I had to go. It was very disrespectful. I believe a champion deserves to be treated with respect. Everyone knows an athlete's life isn't easy, so all fighters deserve respect. When I was in Brazil I watched UFC and there was no problem."

She also said that she did catch the fight anyway, and this is the last time she'll talk about Rousey since the fight isn't happening at 135:

"I watched it from upstairs, standing up. I thought he did a great job fighting, had a good performance. She's a great athlete on her division. This is my last interview on which I'm talking about her. I'm making clear to the fans who want to see this fight that if it's up to me and her it will never happen because I'm not dropping to her weight class and she can't gain few pounds to fight me. So I'm only talking about her again if I sign a contract because then it will be a fight that will actually happen. It doesn't depend on me, it's up to Strikeforce to decide. If they want this fight they will have to come to an agreement so that both of us are happy".

I've never heard of a suspended fighter being removed from an event before, even in California. I could see if they were cornering a fighter and maybe the commission had a problem with a second's license or something, but a fighter just watching the show cageside? Very odd. The CSAC is in major disarray right now though, so there's not much they could do that would surprise me.

UPDATE: Evan Shoman on the UG says it was Zuffa, not the CSAC that made her move. And it was just back to her original seat (HT: Steve4192):

To clear the air on what happened because I was sitting with her and Kim Couture… She was comped tickets in the stands but not on the floor. She was given floor seat tix by (a UG’er) at the time who had extra. She was on the corner seat so anyone on the floor could ask for pics. While taking pics with fans a ZUFFA employee asked her to go to her original seats because where she was sitting was within a certain amount away from the cage that she was prohibited from being in.

She was NOT removed by the CSAC. She was removed by ZUFFA so they wouldn’t reap the shitstorm from the extremely unstable and potentially unpredictable decision making CSAC. This was Zuffa covering their ass like they should have done.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Sounds like it was an actual rule and a commission issue, not a Zuffa issue.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:55 pm

it was a rule and commission issue, but they are saying ZUFFA is the ones who removed her from where she was sitting.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:55 pm

her tweet about "wanting to be released by the UFC" makes sense now
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
it was a rule and commission issue, but they are saying ZUFFA is the ones who removed her from where she was sitting.
Yeah but since it's a rule, doesn't seem like they had any choice. Could have fell back on them.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:48 pm

It's really kind of cheese dick though no matter who narc'd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Hasn't Reem been at some events?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Also would this explain why Nick wasn't in Jake's corner?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 pm

it has to do with how close you are to the cage.

She was given a seat that was within the proper distance, she was then given a comp'd ticket by someone else and went cage side and started signing autographs.
She was told she had to go back to her original seat or leave, she got pissy and felt snuffed.

Diaz acquired a corner license. thats why he was allowed in the corner. Alistair stays in his seat when he goes.

Its clear Cyborg is stupid, she doesn't get it.

She was stripped of her title, she is not the champion.
145 is not a dead division, a 145 fight took place at the fight she was attending.
She is ugly as hell and is not the face of the sport and is not a drawing power.
She failed for steroids and has no ground to stand on.

She is stupid.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 am

Birdofthad wrote:
it has to do with how close you are to the cage.

She
was given a seat that was within the proper distance, she was then
given a comp'd ticket by someone else and went cage side and started
signing autographs.
She was told she had to go back to her original seat or leave, she got pissy and felt snuffed.

Where you getting that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 am

I don't see why this is a rule, it's pretty gay.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:55 am

The woman who will dethrone Ronda.
[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:37 pm

I guess Cyborg is now managed by none other than Tito Ortiz

Cris “Cyborg” Santos’ manager believes a bout with Ronda Rousey will happen, but not at 135 pounds.

UFC Hall of Famer and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz now manages former Strikeforce titleholder Cris Santos. He spoke with MMAWeekly.com about Santos’ career, her return and a possible bout with Ronda Rousey.

“It is going to happen, for sure. The fans are going to get that fight – at 135-pounds, no way. She can’t do it healthwise, but the fight is going to happen, for sure,” said Ortiz about a Cyborg match-up with Rousey.

“When Cris Cyborg dominates and takes out Ronda Rousey then she’ll be right back in the shoes when she was a world champion and taking out some of the biggest names in the women’s division.”

Santos was stripped of her title after testing positive for a banned substance following her technical knockout win over Hiroko Yamanaka in December. The win has since been changed to a no contest and Santos is currently serving a suspension from fighting.

“I know the mishap she happened to have last year,” said Ortiz. “She was just in the wrong hands I think. She stood up for herself. She said, yes, I made a mistake. I sat down and talked to her and told her we can’t have this happen ever again. I kind of want to revamp you and make you the true champion you are.

“She said, ’yes, I made a mistake. The people around me were bad people, but I’m the one that made the decision and I shouldn’t have and I’ll never do it again.’

I said, ‘I’ll put my stamp on you. You’re a great fighter. You’re one of the best in the world.’ No girl can touch this girl. This girl is amazing. She is an amazing fighter.”

In her time away from competing, Santos has been working to make herself more marketable in the U.S.

“We actually have her in English classes right now. I’m trying to help build her brand. She promised me that she’s going to do everything in her power that she possibly can to continue to be a world champion. We’re just waiting for her suspension to be lifted. I think it’s in November,” said Ortiz.

“I want her to defend her title as long as Anderson Silva did… because the women’s division has taken off.”

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:35 am

Is Tito the new Ed Soares ?
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:37 pm

There he goes talking about building his "brand" again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA   Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg Was Removed From Rousey vs Kaufman Seat by ZUFFA
Page 1 of 1