Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best games of this console generation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Best games of this console generation Empty
PostSubject: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Wat are your best Wii, 360 and PS3 games?

1 Batman: Arkham City
2 Battlefield: Bad Company 2
3 Borderlands
4 Battlefield 3
5 Batman Arkham Asylum
6 Medal of Honor 2010
7 Call of Duty: World at War
8 Bioshock
9 Resident Evil 5
10 Red Dead Redemption

PS3
1 Battlefield: Bad Company
2 Killzone 2
3 Call of Duty 4
4 Killzone 3
5 Uncharted
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Haven't been in gamer mode in awhile. I'd have to give it some thought. On Wii I was always pleasantly surprised by Wii bowling, kind of a fun game when you have a small group of people hanging out. Also I've always been a sucker for Mario Kart. Obviously I was very high on GOW 3. Still might be the most fun at it's peak of any game I have ever played. Even though I got to be much better at BF3 then I ever was at MoH, I'm torn on which game I liked more.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm

I guess the better question might be to rank the games on your activity list.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I guess the better question might be to rank the games on your activity list.
So now I'm disqualified? That cold. The AC series will be high on my list.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
Borderlands
Battlefield 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty: WaW
BioShock
Rersident Evil 5
Red Dead Redemption
Battlefield: Bad Co.
Fallout 3
Call of Duty 4
Resident Evil 4
Crysis 2
Gears of War 2
Shadow Complex
Battlefield 1943
Deadlight
Call of Duty Black Ops
Fable II
[PROTOTYPE]
SW Snowboarding
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12
Modern Warfare 2
The Walking Dead
Dead Island
Brink
UFC 2009 Undisputed
LOTR, BFME II
XMen Origins Wolverine
Dragon Age II
Ninety-Nine Nightsâ…¡
LEGO Indiana Jones
Kung Fu Panda
Kinect Adventures
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Just a rough list off the top of my head at the moment.
1.Gears 3
2.Gears 1
3.AC 1
4.BF 3
5.MoH

but that list can change completely.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:42 am

slowed down on my gaming in the past year or so ... but picking it back up now.. got gamefly this last month to be in fact .. so i am doing a lot of catching up.. just beat Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2 and just got Arkham Asylum in the mail yesterday and City is next on my que .. but heres my list...

ps2/X-box
1. Resident Evil 4
2. KoToR
3. Fable
4. Shadow of Colossus
5 San Andreas
6 Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
7. FF-X
8. Need For Speed: Most Wanted

PS3 (no 360)
1 Uncharted 2
2 Infamous
3 Red Dead Redemption
4 Infamous 2
5 Uncharted 3
6 Uncharted
7 CoD: Black Ops

.. I am working on it my ps3 list.. as in playing games now .. you can probably chalk up that the batmans are gonna be there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:41 am

I've only really been with the 360 but I did very much enjoy playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii

360 In No Order
Mass Effect Trilogy
Bioshock
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Red Dead Redemption
The Orange Box
Portal 2
Gears Of War Trilogy
Halo 3
Assassin's Creed
Fallout 3
Crackdown
Battlefield: Bad Company 1-2
Left 4 Dead 1-2
Guitar Hero 3
Fight Night Round 3,4 & Champion
Fable II
Dead Rising 1-2
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 am

but what order do you rank them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
but what order do you rank them.

Pfft that's not really fair most of them are masterpieces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am

1. Mass Effect
2. Bioshock
3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
4. Grand Theft Auto IV
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. Batman Arkham Asylum
7. Halo 3
8. The Orange Box
9. Gears of War
10. Call Of Dudy 4: Modern Warfare

That's probably my top ten but it's really a tough task to rank them all because they're are all equally great and I enjoyed spending my time playing them.

I will say that this generation was the peak for video games, with motion controls and android phones it's all down hill from now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am

It's a very hard question. It's like with anything, it depends on my mood. I'm streaky. Burnout Revenge is an extremely fun game to me. So many different game modes, also the crash party is just fun to play with a group of friends. You can unlock over 50 levels so it helps mix it up for the crash party. It's just a fun arcade style game, fun to play with a couple buddies while you chill and smoke. Just based on the amount of fun I got from the game, this game is up there for me. So today, my list looks like this.
1.GOW 3- The most fun I have ever had playing multiplayer. It helps that I knew so many people that played the game. Being in a full party of capable players with mics just makes it so much better.

2.AC 1- I just fell in love with this franchise from the moment I started playing it. I started out playing it on PS3 but I replayed and actually finished the game on 360. I remember being amazing by the graphics and gameplay from the moment I turned it on. Climbing to the top of buildings and checking out the view was awesome. Not to mentioned I find the story line extremely interesting.

3.GOW 1- Just like AC, this was love at first site. I had NEVER played a 3rd person shooter before and I can't play any other. But the over the top gore and executions caught my eye right away. I actually bought my 1st 360 because of this game. It was just so different then any other shooter I had played before. Chainsaw on a machine gun? Are you kidding me? Curb stopping heads off? Just the sound of shooting someone's head off was so cool to me.

4.BF 3- again I had a blast playing multiplayer. Also having people to play with made this great. Between Team Ninja and Weezy and Bootleg it was just a blast playing online. I love the graphics and some of the maps on this game. So many different ways to play this game, which helps keep it fresh. Would be even better if I could fly lol

5.Burnout Reveng- the start of this post probably sums it up. I love the game modes, I had a blast playing with my buddies. This is an xbox game that was re-done in HD for 360. They added courses which made it much better. I'm a sucker for a good crash party.

6. MoH- Probably my favorite military shooter. I like the smaller levels. Had alot of fun playing with GDP when I first got the game. This game was extremely frustrating when I first got it. I couldn't go 5 feet without getting sniped. But once you got in a groove it was a very fun game. I wish I started it earlier.

7. AC Brotherhood- Love this series, it gets more complex as the series goes on. I loved the addition of training assassins and being able to call on them and give them missions. I wasn't big on how some of the things added like purchasing weapons, but toward the end of the game when you have a ton of resources it can be fun. Also a small thing but having a variety of colors you can wear just made it cool. Also I liked the interaction with Di Vinci.

I'll come back and edit and add more later.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:16 pm

I think my favorite campaign was by far Bioshock. That game was so fucking amazing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:19 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I think my favorite campaign was by far Bioshock. That game was so fucking amazing

The atmosphere and narrative was really cool.

Quote :
Would you kindly.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm Trying my hardest to get into the Fallout series but it's so freaking long I can't even start
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:27 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I'm Trying my hardest to get into the Fallout series but it's so freaking long I can't even start

Fallout 3 is a great game once you get use to the system and hours of traveling.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I'm about to pop in new vegas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I'm about to pop in new vegas

I'd advise going with Fallout 3 as New Vegas was just Bioshock 2 type sequel.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Crazy you guys are talking about it, but I just started a new Fallout 3 run last night. For all the time I spent on it previously, I still probably only got into about 50% of the locations and content.

Using this dudes Avenger Build guide to make a power player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Crazy you guys are talking about it, but I just started a new Fallout 3 run last night. For all the time I spent on it previously, I still probably only got into about 50% of the locations and content.

Using this dudes Avenger Build guide to make a power player.

Wait till you include all the DLC then the game becomes GARGANTUAN.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 pm

I have them all but only played three of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Point Lookout has alot of locations itself.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 pm

just did the mother-ship zeta last night. Way to much loot. I had over 1,500 pounds of useful stuff, nothing worth less then 1wg/5caps, at the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
just did the mother-ship zeta last night. Way to much loot. I had over 1,500 pounds of useful stuff, nothing worth less then 1wg/5caps, at the end.

I loved that alien pistol at the crash site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best games of this console generation   Best games of this console generation Empty

Back to top Go down

Best games of this console generation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next