Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)

Go down 
+2
OU
jewzilla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) Empty
PostSubject: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Anyone watch it this week?

The last segment was possibly the beginning to a Chael vs. Rampage rivalry.

Rampage said Chael sucks, then Chael fired back with words of his own.

Not sure this will amount to anything, but if you want to talk about great hype for a non title fight, Chael vs. Rampage = $$

Would anyone else like that fight, and if you saw the segment, do you think anything could come of it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:25 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Quote :
"Well listen Todd. I'm sitting here in my fancy suit. I got my earpiece in. I've been branded an analyst by the number 1 watched MMA show on TV today. So to keep it professional I would simply be, 'Listen Rampage has one fight left on his contract and it's not against me.' Now had you asked me in the streets, in my kingdom, amongst my people, while I'm not wearing the suit and I don't have the earpiece, and I'm in my sponsor's t-shirt my answer might have been different. I'd have probably said 'Hey Rampage why don't you stick to violating female reporters, making box office disasters, and driving the wrong way down the freeway while you're jacked up on Mountain Dew because you 'Page are not on my level.' But you didn't ask me outside, you asked me inside so let's keep it professional. I don't wanna get that message out there."
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 pm

LOL I love it!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

I LOL'd at the "Rampage is not on my level". Remind me which one of these guys wore a REAL UFC title and which one bought his own fake belt?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:34 pm

i suppose it would give sonnen an idea where he stands at LHW but it isn't a fight that calls out to me.

rampage hasn't been in a good fight for ages and nobody would be in the slightest bit interested in watching sonnen fight if he didn't run his mouth so much.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Dont see how you would say that isnt an interesting fight.

Rampage can be an interesting fighter still. He likes to bang. Hard to do with Ryan Bader wrestle fucking you, Lyoto Machida doing his karate thing, and Jon Jones throwing his alien limbs at you.

And Chael. Yes his mouth is what makes him marketable, but there is no denying the guy will show up to fight. His first fight with Anderson was awesome, and I have no doubt his second fight would have been awesome if he hadnt have thrown that stupid elbow and got dominated.

So I would be all for that fight. Interesting matchup IMO.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I'd rather see Chael tap out to another triangle and Rampage slug it out with a brawler. Let Forrest put Chael in another triangle if he wants a crack at a former UFC LHW Champion.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:56 pm

OU wrote:
I'd rather see Chael tap out to another triangle and Rampage slug it out with a brawler. Let Forrest put Chael in another triangle if he wants a crack at a former UFC LHW Champion.

No damnit that is a lose-lose for me.

Let me build my confidence back up by letting some of my fighters get wins.

Cant handle too much more of my favorites losing.

Also how come Rampage vs. Shogun isnt happening?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:00 pm

jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

No damnit that is a lose-lose for me.

Let me build my confidence back up by letting some of my fighters get wins.

Cant handle too much more of my favorites losing.

Also how come Rampage vs. Shogun isnt happening?
Rampage opted to have knee surgery so that fight was nixed. Then Rampage went on his fuck the UFC I'm out this bitch campaign and the UFC didn't want to feature him on a card and give him a chance to pickup a high profile win out the door. So they gave the loyal Shogun the shittiest fighter with the best selling name(Vera) and gave Rampage the best fighter casuals never heard of(Glover).
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Dont see how you would say that isnt an interesting fight.

Rampage can be an interesting fighter still. He likes to bang. Hard to do with Ryan Bader wrestle fucking you, Lyoto Machida doing his karate thing, and Jon Jones throwing his alien limbs at you.

And Chael. Yes his mouth is what makes him marketable, but there is no denying the guy will show up to fight. His first fight with Anderson was awesome, and I have no doubt his second fight would have been awesome if he hadnt have thrown that stupid elbow and got dominated.

So I would be all for that fight. Interesting matchup IMO.

i agree there are enough reasons that a lot of people would be interested in this fight.

personally, i'm not a big fan of sonnens style and discovered the sport a year or two too late to see rampage at his best. i know both have a lot of fans but i could easily see it being a fairly boring fight to be honest.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Rampage's level: Known for wrecking fools with huge slams and knockout punches en route to winning the LHW champioinship and fighting a slew of the best LHW fighters in the world.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sonnen's level: Known for running his mouth and getting finished by Anderson Silva, twice.

For once I agree with Sonnen. He and Rampage are definitely not on the same level.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Rampage vs. Sonnen   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:55 am

Quote :
"He suck," Jackson told MMAElite.net in a video interview earlier this month. "I think Chael should keep his word and leave the UFC because he said that's what he'd do if he lost. And he lost horribly, bad. Chael suck."

Sonnen, who was a guest analyst on "UFC Tonight" this week, swung back with a haymaker, and he took aim at Jackson's budding movie career and a 2008 arrest for evading police, driving recklessly and other charges after a police chase days after his title loss to Forrest Griffin.

"To keep it professional, my answer would simply be 'Rampage' has one fight left, and it's not against me," Sonnen said. "Now, had you asked me in the streets, in my kingdom amongst me people while I'm not wearing the suit and I don't have the earpiece and I'm in my sponsor's T-shirt, my answer might have been different.

"I'd probably have said, 'Hey Rampage, why don't you stick to making box-office disasters and driving the wrong way on the freeway while you're jacked up on Mountain Dew because you, 'Page, are not on my level.'"

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29771/ufcs-chael-sonnen-has-choice-words-for-rampage-jackson.mma
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:56 am

I would actually root for Chael in this scenario.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Both interviews, Rampage's and Sonnen's are in the video.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:05 am

Quote :
"If stupidity was a disease that was treatable by medicine, 'Rampage' would be the ifrst one in line at the pharmacy, every morning. If 'Rampage' wants to fight with me, let's fight! But, the reality is, he's on a two-fight losing streak, he can't make weight, nobody cares about him, he doesn't keep his word, and he's out of the company in a matter of months. If he wants to fight, I accept."
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 am

Go shell go. Step up page. One more fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

Just imagine the trash talk during the build up.

I hope Golver gets an injury and Chael replaces him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:19 am

Ali wrote:
Just imagine the trash talk during the build up.

I hope Golver gets an injury and Chael replaces him.
Fuck you, that would be awful. I don't want to see Rampage fight a wrestler for his last fight, that would be bullshit.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 am

Chael's recent fights have been a hell of a lot more entertaining than Page
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:50 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Chael's recent fights have been a hell of a lot more entertaining than Page
Yeah but let's not get all crazy. Rampage vs a standup fighter is going to be more entertaining then Rampage vs a wrestler. Chael Sonnen would not make for a more entertaining fight. Let's be real here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)   UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen) Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Tonight(Rampage vs Sonnen)
Page 1 of 1