Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zuffa files suit against individual streamers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Zuffa files suit against individual streamers Empty
PostSubject: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:53 pm

15 Jon Does in Las Vegas.

http://mmapayout.com/2012/06/zuffa-sues-unnamed-alleged-illegal-streamers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Payout+%28Payout%29

Zuffa sues unnamed alleged illegal streamers

June 27, 2012

Zuffa has filed a lawsuit in Nevada against unnamed defendants for
alleged copyright infringement from illegally streaming UFC 130 and 131.
The lawsuit filed June 8, 2012 has the IP addresses of the claimed
infringers but no names as of yet.

Zuffa claims that the actual names of the infringers will be named through the discovery process.
The Fight Lawyer wrote a detailed article on this subject a couple years ago which outlines the possible liability of those that illegally stream.

Zuffa v. Does 1-15 June 2012 Complaint

H/T: The Fight Lawyer

Payout Perspective:

We may have expected this considering news earlier this spring that Zuffa obtained user information
in the Greenfeedz lawsuit. Although it has yet to go after those users,
the legal strategy here is not surprising considering Zuffa’s
aggressive stance on copyright infringement. It will be interesting to
see the progression of this case and what will the court do with the IP
address infringers (i.e., who are these people, what will be their
defenses). We will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:19 pm

I don't blame UFC here. Dudes are stealing, they know it.

What does UFC plan to gain though? Gotta cost a big in lawyer fees. Do they even expect to make that back in damages? Is it merely to get the thought out there that if u steal, the UFC will come after u?

Of coarse I wish this ppv business goes by the wayside, but it is what it is, and if your stealing u r stealing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Until Zuffa stream all their events globally I won't support these suits.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm

zuffa seems to have some sort of pathological need to sue any fucker they possibly can but this is getting silly.

what are they going to do? sue everyone who's ever streamed one of their events?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm

I read earlier this week they are even targeting Gifs somehow? Gayness.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:16 pm

zuffa need taking down, they're beginning to take on the characteristics of a tyrant.

the people of iraq will long for the good old days under saddam hussein when zuffa rules the world Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:18 pm

I understand the point Zuffa is making, but I cannot take their side in this. I mean they show the PPVs for free all over the world, except America, Canada, and Australia to the best of my knowledge. I know the Chinese get them free as well as Brazil, Thailand, Korea, etc. If they aren't paying for them, then why are we always forced to spring for the action?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa files suit against individual streamers   Zuffa files suit against individual streamers Empty

Back to top Go down

Zuffa files suit against individual streamers
Page 1 of 1