Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How many PPVs would it sell today?
less then 500K
Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
500-750K
Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
750k-1 million
Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
1.1-1.5 million
Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
1.6-2 million
Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
2 million +
Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:38 pm

freakzilla wrote:
If the UFC or WWE promoted it then it would get between 1.1-1.5 million. If it was done when Fedor was undefeated and Brock UFC champ it would've been the biggest PPV ever.

2.4 mill? IDK, doubt it. Do you know what Fedors highest PPV buy numbers are?
Back to top Go down

Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 am

Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
If the UFC or WWE promoted it then it would get between 1.1-1.5 million. If it was done when Fedor was undefeated and Brock UFC champ it would've been the biggest PPV ever.

2.4 mill? IDK, doubt it. Do you know what Fedors highest PPV buy numbers are?

Fedor was never marketed in the UFC. If he was undefeated and Dana was saying he's the GOAT and it was for Brock's UFC title then it would get between 1.8 million and 2.5 million. He could've even had a tune up fight vs Randy Couture to build him up.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:09 am

I take back my previous prediction I don't think this would be a groundbreaking pay per view event
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I take back my previous prediction I don't think this would be a groundbreaking pay per view event
How well would it do? Better then Jones vs Evans? Would it reach a million buys?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Would be lucky to reach a million. You can't do a proper marketing blitz because both of these guys ride on previous popularity alone, which is past it's peek for both coupled with declining demand of available supply of MMA. Brock and Fedor are not going to make media rounds and neither has anything interesting to say when they are in the media. They are known to avoid media exposure. They are not guys who can sell fights very well. No GMA, no Sunday night ESPN interview, a dry Primetime, etc.,. It would be big, but not huge.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:59 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Would be lucky to reach a million. You can't do a proper marketing blitz because both of these guys ride on previous popularity alone, which is past it's peek for both coupled with declining demand of available supply of MMA. Brock and Fedor are not going to make media rounds and neither has anything interesting to say when they are in the media. They are known to avoid media exposure. They are not guys who can sell fights very well. No GMA, no Sunday night ESPN interview, a dry Primetime, etc.,. It would be big, but not huge.
I disagree. I don't think Brock would need to put on his WWE hat and trash talk to promote the fight. We could see the more down to Earth Brock talking about facing a MMA legend. You throw some Fedor HL reels on with Brock on ESPN and you got a decent promo right there IMO. Hell let Dana run his mouth for the media, we know he won't turn down that opportunity. There are plenty of casuals that have heard the name Fedor pop up here and there. I think there would be alot of curiosity for this matchup. Casuals would not just tune in for "Brock SMASH!" they would also tune in to check out "This Fedor guy I heard people talk about". You go over their list of accomplishments, throw out some HLs and this thing does a million for sure IMO.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Neither wants anything to do with the media. I don't see either guy thinking they need to or actually changing. The promoting would be almost entirely used footage and the new content would be the same old quotes in the end from both.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:59 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Neither wants anything to do with the media. I don't see either guy thinking they need to or actually changing. The promoting would be almost entirely used footage and the new content would be the same old quotes in the end from both.
They both still have a massive amount of people interested in what they do. It's not at it's peak, but still a very large group of people that follow one of these two men. Even on a losing streak Brock could still sell a decent amount of PPVs if he were to comeback. No matter who he fought. At the same time IMO there would be an interest in Fedor in the UFC no matter who he fought as well. I think there would still be enough interest to sell more PPVs then any card since UFC 100. I'm sure both guys would still be willing to do a Countdown show. I don't think promoting the fight would be as stale as you imply. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm

That's what I said, their popularity of past is what sells the fight, big not huge, but I don't see them bringing much new fans in or old fans back from any efforts leading into this fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
That's what I said, their popularity of past is what sells the fight, big not huge, but I don't see them bringing much new fans in or old fans back from any efforts leading into this fight.
I don't think new fans are needed to break the million mark. I think it would draw enough interest from causal MMA fans. Especially if this event was done without going up against football or another sporting event. I think you are wrong about bringing back old fans. All Fedor and Brock fans would order it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:22 pm

It would be tough. A Saturday Dec 30th got 800,000 and it was the third embarrassing fight in a row for Lesnar, his value is hurt and novelty at best. The 1.6 million buys from his Mir fight is not coming back anytime soon. And Fedor is a draw but only for MMA fans.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:28 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
It would be tough. A Saturday Dec 30th got 800,000 and it was the third embarrassing fight in a row for Lesnar, his value is hurt and novelty at best. The 1.6 million buys from his Mir fight is not coming back anytime soon. And Fedor is a draw but only for MMA fans.
Well if I remember correctly the media was spinning the Carwin fight as proof that Brock can deal with adversity and was looked at fairly favorably after the fight. There are still plenty of hardcore MMA fans that love Fedor, the old Pride days and MMA Legends.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:30 pm

2008, as a UFC PPV, this does 2 million buys. 5 years and 6 losses later it would be a success if it did half of that I think.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
2008, as a UFC PPV, this does 2 million buys. 5 years and 6 losses later it would be a success if it did half of that I think.
Peak time for this fight would have been end of 09 IMO. Right before Brock fought Carwin and Fedor fought Werdum. That could have sniffed 2 million for sure. But even today, this PPV would combine casual idiots and the hardest of the hardcore and have a very strong fan base to go off of. Brock's most recent loss could have a spin of coming back from injury combined with facing an opponent who was busted for steroids. Wasn't Brock's last fight technically for a title shot? Opponent testing positive for roids could void that loss out somewhat. I think you can still hype both men, even sell it as a #1 contender fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?   Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Even with the lost hype, how many PPVs would Brock vs Fedor do today?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2