Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy

Go down 
+6
Ninja
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
Ludo
OU
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy Empty
PostSubject: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 am

People just seem to keep throwing out compliments about MMA with this awful boxing controversy with the robbery over the weekend. Local radio clowns tied it back to how even in poor MMA decisions they still don't hint to a "fix". Golic is talking on Mike and Mike about how he was already leaning more toward MMA before this and about how in boxing it's all about the main event but he enjoys MMA undercards.
What was an awful event for boxing, has had a small upside for MMA.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 am

Golic reading more e-mails/texts about fans choosing MMA over Boxing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:04 am

Robberies happen in MMA too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:13 am

Ali wrote:
Yeah but they don't have this kind of talks about the fights being "fixed". I'm just making an observation from the sports media this morning. They are bringing up MMA in a positive light in just about every boxing discussion that I'm hearing on the radio this morning. National ESPN radio. I have already heard a handful of segments that have complimented MMA during these discussions over the awful boxing decision over the weekend. It's still early, I'm sure it will continue throughout the day since this boxing story is one of the major stories from the weekend.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 am

Ali wrote:
Also please don't be offended, it's just an observation from the national media this morning.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:57 pm

This would be equivalent to GSP or Anderson Silva losing a decision after winning at least 4 rounds in virtually everyone's eyes. I personally scored it 118-110 in favor of Pacquiao, but I can see a case for maybe 9-3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:09 pm

It would be like Shields getting the decision over GSP.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:15 pm

I wasn't even trying to say that this can't happen or even that there hasn't been a decision in MMA that was as bad as this. All I was trying to say with this thread was every single media person is talking about this boxing decision. During those talks every one has brought up MMA in some way in a positive light. Every single one has made a connection to MMA.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Snoop even lashed out on his twitter account saying he's done with boxing and gonna get on that Ultimate Fighting shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:03 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Snoop even lashed out on his twitter account saying he's done with boxing and gonna get on that Ultimate Fighting shit.

Snoop Dogg ‏@SnoopDogg
Ain't that sum bullshit Boxing is a wrap. Going bacc on that ultimate fighting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Also please don't be offended, it's just an observation from the national media this morning.

Not offended just annoyed at how fickle fans can be.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:58 pm

OU wrote:

Snoop Dogg ‏@SnoopDogg
Ain't that sum bullshit Boxing is a wrap. Going bacc on that ultimate fighting

come on Snoop...MMA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 pm

I bet Snoop doesn't even know Bellator exists.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Ali wrote:
I bet Snoop doesn't even know Bellator exists.

id bet so as well...still...MMA
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Ali wrote:
has a robbery the size of this one ever happened in MMA? its Pacman for gods sake! and it was a CLEAR robbery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:19 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
has a robbery the size of this one ever happened in MMA? its Pacman for gods sake! and it was a CLEAR robbery

You tell me.

It would have to be someone like Couture, Fedor, Chuck etc

What about Machida vs. Rua I ? I didn't think it was that bad but I remember the strong reaction on here.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:

You tell me.

What about Machida vs. Rua I ? I didn't think it was that bad but I remember the strong reaction on here.

That decision was controversial but was also a VERY close fight and really could have gone either way... i of coarse thought it should have gone to Shogun... on sat, it was clear that PacMan won and he was screwed
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Machida-Shogun was not even close to that, but it did cause probably the biggest shitstorm over a decision that i can remember in MMA.

A little different though because there was no suspicion of rigging and that fight was atleast close. Right now, all i'm hearing is boxing is corrupt, and people are gonna go watch WWE and watch professionals fix fights.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:

You tell me.

That was a close fight and the board was split on that fight. Big difference. Like freak said, had shields beat GSP thenn we could compare.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:26 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I agree with this
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:28 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Machida-Shogun was not even close to that, but it did cause probably the biggest shitstorm over a decision that i can remember in MMA.

A little different though because there was no suspicion of rigging and that fight was atleast close. Right now, all i'm hearing is boxing is corrupt, and people are gonna go watch WWE and watch professionals fix fights.

I still say Machida won that fight! Joe Rogan swayed half of u guy's because he was so partial to Rua.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:30 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I agree with this

You better agree with me! If u don't, I will kill a kitten and scream ur name while it tries to take it's lot breath.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Last breath
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I still say Machida won that fight! Joe Rogan swayed half of u guy's because he was so partial to Rua.

he didnt sway me...remember, i got negged like 15 times that night when i politely articulated why i think Machida won the fight. I scored it 48-47 Machida before any judge rendered their decision.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Mike Easton vs Beebe was the closest fight in comparison.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy   MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA getting alot of love with this boxing controversy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next