Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horse racing Triple Crown

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Horse racing Triple Crown Empty
PostSubject: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:44 am

Mean anything to you? Will you tune if it's convenient at the time? Rooting for it? Against it? Done care one bit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 am

Shouldn't this be in the sports section?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 am

freakzilla wrote:
Shouldn't this be in the sports section?
Ehhhh, I dunno. Almost posted it there. Is it a sport? Move of an event IMO. We are all sports fans here so a little overlap is OK. But I have a hard time labeling it a sport. But I thought about which section before posting. I concluded it's more of an event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 am

Horse racing is a sport. A great sport.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 am

freakzilla wrote:
Horse racing is a sport. A great sport.
Only to the gambling man, don't think most people view it that way. But I think the thread it fine in OT or Sports. If someone wants to move it, that's fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 am

Don't really care tbh Razz
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 am

freakzilla wrote:
Don't really care tbh Razz
Don't care about the Triple Crown or the location of the thread? Either way, do you care about the Triple Crown?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:55 am

About the location of the thread. I watch horse racing here in Australia but not much from the states. I don't like how it's on sand. Also you bastards killed the GOAT in Phar Lap Razz
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:02 am

freakzilla wrote:
About the location of the thread. I watch horse racing here in Australia but not much from the states. I don't like how it's on sand. Also you bastards killed the GOAT in Phar Lap Razz
So the Triple Crown means nothing across the pond? It would be a pretty historic event if it happened.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Triple crown and horse racing in general means nothing to me. I don't understand why anyone does care.

And the trainer for I'll Have Another broke the news about an hour ago on the Dan Patrick Show that the horse is injured and will not race.

PS, 100% sports.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Triple crown and horse racing in general means nothing to me. I don't understand why anyone does care.

And the trainer for I'll Have Another broke the news about an hour ago on the Dan Patrick Show that the horse is injured and will not race.
Bummer, I'll tune into any moment like this that is considered to be a historical event. But now, I think they should just stop talking about the Belmont, no reason to care anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
So the Triple Crown means nothing across the pond? It would be a pretty historic event if it happened.

It's very minor. The big horse race here is the Melbourne Cup which happens at 3pm on the first Tuesday of every November.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Nope, should be banned.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 pm

it means nothing to me, i think it's animal cruelty at its finest. hate it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 pm

How is it animal cruelty?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:31 pm

How is it not? Thousands of race horses die a year while in training or racing.

An animal getting pushed far beyond their limits every day and in a lot of cases, after these big races, are severely injured and in some cases killed because of there injuries..if not simply because they didnt win. Hell, didnt the last horse that came close to a triple crown get killed because it got too injured in it's trainers quest for a triple crown?

Hell, there was an HBO show that was about horse racing that led to the death of a few horses. A fuckin TV show...the real thing aint no fuckin joke and it's completely cruel.

Pretty aggravating for a "sport" that only appeals to low life gamblers with the exception of one month a year where people pretend to give a shit, but don't.

It's not the early 1900's anymore. We got several real sports with willing participants that people can gamble on.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 pm

I agree. It is a pretty archaic tradition.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing Triple Crown   Horse racing Triple Crown Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse racing Triple Crown
Page 1 of 1