Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on FX3 Predictions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

UFC on FX3 Predictions Empty
PostUFC on FX3 Predictions

UFC on FX3 Predictions UFC-on-FX-3-poster

Demetrious Johnson vs Ian McCall

A rematch of the highly controversial fight in Australia from earlier this year. At the beginning of the inaugural UFC flyweight tournament both Ian "Uncle Creepy" McCall and Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson were required to sign an agreement to a fourth round in the event of a draw in order to prevent holding up the tournament. The first time these two fought it was a very evenly contested fight overall, with Ian McCall turning it up late to clearly win the third round after two very close stanza's prior. At the end fans all over were scoring it mostly as a 28-28 draw and at first it appeared the judges present in Sydney disagreed. It later came out that the representitive from the athletic commission tallied the judges scores incorrectly, the fight was actually a draw. Needless to say this definitely threw a wrench in the works but on the bright side while we were robbed of a fourth round that night we are given another chance to see a further continuation of what was a great fight the first time around.

Not much happened in the first fight we didn't already know to be honest. We knew Johnson wouldn't be the clearly faster fighter, or the better wrestler. However he is the more varied striker and that counts for something as alot of this fight took place standing the first time. As far as it goes I give a slight edge in power to Mighty Mouse as well as an edge in overall striking. McCall is still going to be the better wrestler and overall grappler as well as the slightly faster fighter. The X factor here is the third round. McCall put it on thick in the third round last time and it may be something that weighs heavy on Mouse's mind. I personally see a fight that goes the distance and is close just like last time, I also think McCall's knack for making adjustments will afford him a few luxuries he didn't have last time, namely the fact that he knows Johnson's game this time around.

Prediction: Ian McCall by Decision

Eddie Wineland vs Scott Jorgensen

This is an interesting matchup. A potential passing of the guard except the new crop has proven to be just a step below top flight in the last couple of years. However Wineland has had even a more rough time since entering the UFC than Jorgensen. Obviously Wineland is the better striker, but Jorgensen has shown an ability to get inside and land with a good amount of power. The advantage in overall grappling and wrestling is in Jorgensen's favor as usual. I see this fight happening similar to the Wineland/Faber fight where Wineland might take the first round, but those takedown attempts can wear an opponent down, especially with someone as savvy as Jorgensen. After the first round, if not before I think Jorgensen starts taking Wineland down and working him over on the ground enroute to a TKO victory.

Prediction: Scotty Jorgensen by (T)KO

Erick Silva vs Charlie Brenneman

Average Joe meets a top brazilian welterweight prospect in this fight. Erick Silva has been leaving trainwrecks that look like opponents since entering the UFC, including the ridiculous disqualification "loss" to Carlo Prater. Charlie Brenneman won his last fight but has had his share of troubles with guys who hit hard, and Silva is one of those guys. A couple things we haven't seen in the UFC is Silva's takedown defense being tested or his cardio being tested. Supposing this fight lasts long enough Brenneman will definitely be looking to test both. Striking I give both the power and overall advantages to Silva, while on the flip side I give the wrestling advantage and cardio advantages to Brenneman. SIlva I feel has the submission edge, but Brenneman is notoriously hard to submit. I don't really see this fight going the distance, and while Brenneman might get himself a few takedowns I don't see anything other than grinding going on, eventually though Silva is going to catch Average Joe and Brenneman is going to react to getting hit hard terribly like he has a tendency to do.

Prediction: Erick Silva by (T)KO
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

UFC on FX3 Predictions :: Comments

No Comment.

UFC on FX3 Predictions

Page 1 of 1