Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
OU
Primetyme199
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? Empty
PostSubject: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Eddie Alvarez is no longer considered a ‘Bellator fighter.’ It’s rumored that Lorenzo Fertitta and Eddie Alvarez discussed an inevitable signing to UFC which may close as soon as the end of this week. It’s also heavily rumor that a Eddie Alvarez vs. Anthony Pettis bout is being targeted for UFC 150.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Alvarez vs Pettis is straight baller. But I think most people expected Dana to out bid Bjorn anyways. He was Dana's guest at the FOX card over the weekend. The second he defeated Aoki he was calling Bjorn out for money, it's was all but over then.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Perfect time for Eddie to make the jump over but Pettis will be in that ass
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
You don't think it will be competitive? I do. I think it will be very entertaining and competitive. It's a great matchup.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm

I heard of this 2-3 days ago, and i believe middle easy reported it on their rumor mill and i heard Bjorn Rebney took away their credentials with Bellator because it was bullshit. They also threatened sherdog if they ran with it. Alvarez is signed for 4-5 more months and i've heard nothing of Bellator releasing him. So he is still a "bellator fighter" though id imagine he won't fight another bout for them and hold out the remainder of his contract. Maybe they will come to an agreement on a release because of that but middle easy has been known to spew noise and get away with it because they post it under a "Rumor mill".

We'll see

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Wed May 09, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:10 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I heard of this 2-3 days ago, and i believe middle easy reported it on their rumor mill and i heard Bjorn Rebney took away their credentials with Bellator because it was bullshit. They also threatened sherdog if they ran with it. Alvarez is signed for 4-5 more months and i've heard nothing of Bellator releasing him. So he is still a "bellator fighter" though id imagine he won't fight another bout for them.

We'll see
4-5 months isn't bad considering he just fought. He waits it out and fights Pettis in the fall.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:12 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I heard of this 2-3 days ago, and i believe middle easy reported it on their rumor mill and i heard Bjorn Rebney took away their credentials with Bellator because it was bullshit. They also threatened sherdog if they ran with it. Alvarez is signed for 4-5 more months and i've heard nothing of Bellator releasing him. So he is still a "bellator fighter" though id imagine he won't fight another bout for them and hold out the remainder of his contract. Maybe they will come to an agreement on a release because of that but middle easy has been known to spew noise and get away with it because they post it under a "Rumor mill".

We'll see
Eddie made it seem like he was under contract for closer to 2-3 months, said he wanted to get in the cage in 1 month(from his last fight) so he could fulfill all his fights on his contract. Bellator has the option to match whatever offers Zuffa gives. I'm just not sure if Eddie would be forced to sign if they did.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Showtime takes care of Alvarez in stunning fashion and earns himself a title shot.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I heard of this 2-3 days ago, and i believe middle easy reported it on their rumor mill and i heard Bjorn Rebney took away their credentials with Bellator because it was bullshit. They also threatened sherdog if they ran with it. Alvarez is signed for 4-5 more months and i've heard nothing of Bellator releasing him. So he is still a "bellator fighter" though id imagine he won't fight another bout for them.

We'll see
4-5 months isn't bad considering he just fought. He waits it out and fights Pettis in the fall.

I think it either runs through November or he's free at the beginning of November and that includes the exclusive period i believe. So unless Bjorn releases him(which could happen) to avoid dragging it out of respect for Eddie it looks like EA won't be in UFC until December or something, maybe early next year.

Pettis will likely fight before then. I just think middle easy saw EA was at the last UFC event and Dana and Eddie were doing the "we're just watching some fight routine" that it must mean it's soon, but they'll just attach a story void of sources under their rumor mill and if it's wrong...who cares? it was just a rumor.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:18 pm

OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

We'll see
Eddie made it seem like he was under contract for closer to 2-3 months, said he wanted to get in the cage in 1 month(from his last fight) so he could fulfill all his fights on his contract. Bellator has the option to match whatever offers Zuffa gives. I'm just not sure if Eddie would be forced to sign if they did.

Yeah, but he said about a month before he said 2-3 months that he had 8-9 months...so Eddie has not been that consistant on months. Bjorn said November and most new reports confirm it's 3-4 months...though im not sure if he meant through or thats when he's officially a free agent.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Here is the latest thing I remember seeing(dated April 23rd)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/23/2970176/eddie-alvarez-ready-to-test-the-free-agent-waters-with-his-bellator-ufc-mma-contract
Quote :
"It's not based on one fight. (contract expiration) It's based on either a fight or four months, then we would be going into negotiations and can start taking offers with any company. I'm thinking now, and I told my wife today, I am completely injury free, I wouldn't mind taking a fight in a month and getting the negotiation periods on with. I feel perfectly fine. I don't know how my management feels about that, but there are very few fights where I leave but I am injury-free and I'm in great shape right now."
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:23 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
You don't think it will be competitive? I do. I think it will be very entertaining and competitive. It's a great matchup.

Entertaining while it lasts. Eddie has too many defensive holes for someone like Pettis
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:59 am

called this shit on MMA fighting days ago. BOOM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:00 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
Eddie Alvarez is no longer considered a ‘Bellator fighter.’ It’s rumored that Lorenzo Fertitta and Eddie Alvarez discussed an inevitable signing to UFC which may close as soon as the end of this week. It’s also heavily rumor that a Eddie Alvarez vs. Anthony Pettis bout is being targeted for UFC 150.

Source me on this big boi.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Where did the rest of the posts go? Did something happen while I was gone haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Noice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?   Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week? Empty

Back to top Go down

Eddie Alvarez to sign with the UFC within a week?
Page 1 of 1