Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Poor Bonnar

Go down 
+4
Bigs03
Ludo
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:58 pm

"We're getting ready to leave Bahrain, and I get detained at the airport. Jardine and Franklin get on the flight, and they take me in the room. They're asking me all these questions, and they're furious. One guy's comin' in the room and pointin' at me, all furious, like that. And, what I think is that, I had on the 'Young Assassin' shirt, with Melvin Guillard, and there's a guy with a turban with his brains spillin' out. I don't think they liked that too much."

"There was only one flight out for the day at 9:30 p.m. The United flight that I was on. They kept me at the airport so long, I missed my flight. I had to wait till the next day to get on the flight. So, I'm tired. I'm sleeping at the airport, and all of a sudden, I wake up to a burning sensation on my leg. It scared me. I went and brushed down on my leg and, sure enough, a spider about the size of my hand comes crawling out of my pant leg and takes off runnin'! I couldn't believe my eyes!

"This big camel spider goes under the door. I try to chase it. I lose it, and then, my God, my leg swells up, I get a fever, it's gettin' infected...but, hey, I'm gettin' the heck out of there.

"The next night, I'm on that 9:30 flight, I'm ready to board that flight when, lo and behold...THAT flight gets canceled! So I'm stuck there another day! So, I had the option of going in for an antibiotic IV or stay in the hospital a few days, but instead, I opted to go the oral route, three different kinds of antibiotics, and I got on that flight that next day and got the hell out of there! God bless America!"

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/398868/Stephan-Bonnar-detained-in-Bahrain-bit-by-Camel-Spider/
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

damn that sux
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 pm

I thought camel spiders weren't venomous?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:36 pm

same here but if something that big claws on you there has to be a chance for infection. not lethal but surely painful
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm surprised they didn't detain Jardine, he looks scary enough.
Back to top Go down

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Quote :
Young Assassin' shirt, with Melvin Guillard, and there's a guy with a turban with his brains spillin' out. I don't think they liked that too much."

When you play with fire expect to get burned. That side of the world has very strict rules about general life and is very sensitive about their beliefs and religion.

Also the country is in the middle of trying to quash an up rising so tensions are running high.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Ali wrote:
Quote :
Young Assassin' shirt, with Melvin Guillard, and there's a guy with a turban with his brains spillin' out. I don't think they liked that too much."

When you play with fire expect to get burned. That side of the world has very strict rules about general life and is very sensitive about their beliefs and religion.

Also the country is in the middle of trying to quash an up rising so tensions are running high.

It has Osama, Hitler, and a KKK member.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Spiders freak me out.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Ludo wrote:
I thought camel spiders weren't venomous?

i didnt think they were...but i'd imagine getting bit by one would require attention. Those things are fuckin huge. Maybe Bonnar mistakenly identified the species as well.

Damn i hate spiders so much.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:13 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/12/3154779/stephan-bonnar-retirement-ufc-tuf
Quote :
"I have been doing this for 11 years and I have been through the ringer. I thought my last fight would be someone with a lot of twitter followers. If I can’t get that big, marquee fight, then it’s God’s way of telling me to do something else for a while. I thought I could campaign hard for me and Forrest to be coaches [of TUF]. I think it would be entertaining. If I could still fight Forrest of if Rampage wants to fight again, I’d be interested. I have no interest in fighting the next big thing, before the world notices the talent the guy has. I have done that too much in my career. If it’s not meant to be for us to be coaches, I’ve got to accept that and move on. I am fine with that."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:17 pm

lil Nog sounds like a good name for Bonnar. He rebounded nicely against Ortiz after losing 2 tough ones.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

It seemed like chael and everyone was talking to him like they knew he was gonna get retired. I think bonnar and griffin as coaches should be far ahead of Roy and shane. UFC is dropping the ball in a huge way with that decision. Roy and Carwin just makes no sense at all, bonnar- griffin seems like a perfect ending for them both.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh and camelback spiders are venomous u dipshits.
Back to top Go down

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:01 pm

It should be Bonnar vs. Page at 153.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poor Bonnar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Bonnar   Poor Bonnar Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor Bonnar
Page 1 of 1