Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayweather vs. Cotto PPV coming to movie theaters

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mayweather vs. Cotto PPV coming to movie theaters Empty
PostSubject: Mayweather vs. Cotto PPV coming to movie theaters   Mayweather vs. Cotto PPV coming to movie theaters EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Quote :
Don't want to spend the $59.95 (and likely even more to get it in HD) for the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Miguel Cotto HBO PPV card on May 5? No problem.

I always advocate trying to get a few people together for a pay-per-view card to defray the cost by having each person chip in a few bucks, but that doesn't always work out. So if cash is tight, the solution might be to head out to the movie theater to watch it on the big screen, where you'll still get the entire event (in HD) as it would air on television, but for a fraction of the cost -- usually no more than $25 a ticket.

Golden Boy Promotions announced Tuesday that it has teamed with NCM Fathom Events to distribute the Mayweather-Cotto show in theaters around the country, as it has been doing for most of Golden Boy's major pay-per-view cards in recent years.

Mayweather's challenge of junior middleweight titlist Cotto -- plus Saul "Canelo" Alvarez's junior middleweight title defense against Shane Mosley and the other PPV undercard bouts at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas -- will be available in nearly 440 movie theaters nationwide. And sure enough, I looked it up and found that one of the theaters near my home in Northern Virginia is charging $18 per ticket, obviously much cheaper than the pay-per-view.

If you're looking for a theater near you, check out www.FathomEvents.com for a list of locations and ticket prices.

"I love the fact that people can see my fights in movie theaters across the country," Mayweather said. "Everyone knows, when I fight it is nothing but lights, camera, action. Seeing it on the big screen is going to give fans a great experience. I say buy some popcorn, candy and a soda and enjoy the show, because they are definitely going to get their money's worth."

Some of Cotto's past fights have been featured in theaters in his native Puerto Rico, but never before in the United States.

"This gives my fans across the country a new way to watch me in the ring," Cotto said of his U.S. following. "It is exciting. Now there is no way to miss this great fight."

The movie ticket price is also much cheaper than the closed-circuit ticket prices in Las Vegas, where it will run you $75 to watch.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/931/mayweather-cotto-to-air-in-theaters
Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs. Cotto PPV coming to movie theaters
Page 1 of 1