Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?

Go down 
+2
Ludo
SOKO
6 posters

What punishment is best for offenders?
slap on the hand
Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_lcap13%Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
3 and done
Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_lcap13%Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
2 and done
Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_lcap38%Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
1 and done
Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_lcap38%Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Empty
PostSubject: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:16 pm

IMO all this shit is putting a damper on not only the events but the sport in general. I know its all over the sports world but when you got guys like thiago who fuck up and then come back to get a main event spot in sweden is BS in my book. Thoughts...............I say one in done at this point of the sport and maybe these guys will start to be serious about it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:07 pm

It depends on the circumstances. Thiago likely used in order to recover from a serious back injury and be able to train/make a living by fighting.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Ludo wrote:
It depends on the circumstances. Thiago likely used in order to recover from a serious back injury and be able to train/make a living by fighting.
He submitted fake urine so we will never know what kind of pills,roids or crack was in his system.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:17 pm

yeah I know this topic has a wide range but mostly focusing on guys like reem etc who clearly do things to have an advantage over the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 pm

You get injured then bad luck. It gave him an unfair advantage over Vera.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:33 pm

What I hate most about Thiago's situation is we don't really know what was in his system. Since he did not submit a sample of his urine. I'm not taking his word on what he was using.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 pm

OU wrote:
What I hate most about Thiago's situation is we don't really know what was in his system. Since he did not submit a sample of his urine. I'm not taking his word on what he was using.

Lol, exactly. There is no way I can believe a word he says about it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 pm

If you have no reason to believe he is telling the truth when he makes an admission, then what reason do you guys have for thinking he is lying about said admission?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Like Thiago wouldn't do the same thing to Vera 10 out of 10 times. I'm not saying he was right, I'm saying whatever "advantage" using whatever was negligible because roids or not he'd do the same exact thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Shrinkage is enough punishment.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
If you have no reason to believe he is telling the truth when he makes an admission, then what reason do you guys have for thinking he is lying about said admission?
Hmmm what does Thiago have to benefit from omitting certain substances? I don't care if the guy is known for being the most honest person to ever participate in his sport and I'm his biggest fan. I can't simply take his word on this subject. Obviously he isn't going to admit he had cocaine, HGH and jet fuel in his system. Pain pills getting over an injury is one of the most sympathetic scenarios possible. There are too many reasons why he would lie.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 pm

If they get a huge KO and we find out they were on roids they should get an additional bonus on top of their base salary and win money
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:21 pm

just a year suspension everytime they test positive. No X amount of strikes and out crap. A year is a long time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:34 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/27/2980832/ufc-legend-randy-couture-talks-testosterone-replacement-therapy
Couture spoke to MMA Frenzy about TRT and we have his comments after the jump...
Quote :
"There is such fine line with all of the anti-aging stuff that's out there now. TRT is generally something a guy does in their 40's and 50's when their natural production of testosterone drops off. There are other natural ways to boost your own body's production without replacing it and it's safer as well, but it still should be under the care of a physician," offered Couture on the topic. "It's a very fine and a very personal thing and there is no easy answer. An athlete is using his body to earn a living and entertain the fans, they want to get the most out of themselves, but sometimes they go too far with it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?   Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments? Empty

Back to top Go down

Peds, roids. TRT abuse punishments?
Page 1 of 1