Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"

Go down 
+12
Ludo
bobbitt15
LA
Ninja
Wolfgangsta
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
josh200612
timthebim
oggy420
KingsOwn19
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" Empty
PostSubject: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:56 pm

@FrankieEdgar: Rematch anyone??.......it's on!! Thanks to @danawhite @lorenzofertitta. Me and Henderson 2. Here we go!!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:58 pm

everyone is gonna bitch but im fine with it
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:00 pm

I dont have a problem with it. I thought Bendo clearly won but what the hell with all the rematches Frankie had to fight why not give him a shot to win his belt back.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Frankie is just gonna get butt fucked again so cool. Are his boys gonna pick him up again after he loses?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm rather have Showtime fight. I guess he'll fight the winner of Miller/Diaz for the next shot.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:11 pm

I'd rather division stopped being held hostage, but especially when the right people win. I see frankie moving to 2-4 in his last 6 fights after this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:12 pm

dana said winner of miller/diaz gets title shot
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:16 pm

oggy420 wrote:
dana said winner of miller/diaz gets title shot

Over Showtime? You have to be shitting me. Miller was deserving by shear # of wins, but he has yet to be a top 10 guy with Guillard being close. Showtime already has a win over the champ and was the WEC champ/was #1 contender but chose not to wait. Don't even get me started on Diaz. He's 10-5 in his UFC career, 2-2 in his last 4, and has 2 quality wins. He starts to make a reasonable argument if he beats Miller and Showtime.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 pm

The bout will take place sometime this summer.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Say it's July..... That would mean in 28 months only 4 different fighters in the deepest UFC division would will of had the opportunity to compete for the light weight title. Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" Confused What a waste.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:35 pm

That is why there needs to be an Intercontinental title
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 pm

lol love the over reactions

awww wtf you mean we're gonna have to sit through watching the top 2 lw's in the world battle it out again?

i get it, Showtime is deserving, but he's young. He should fight the winner of diaz/miller agreed, but whatever i don't think it's necessarily set in stone that the winner will get a title shot, i know dana said it but they have to do something with showtime. There are plenty of good fights for Showtime out there and unfortunately with how stacked this division we should get used to this. Instead of acting like its the end of the world that Frankie is getting a rematch that i think he clearly deserves despite what some haters will say, we should be excited that this is a super stacked division that is going to be producing awesome fights at the top of the division for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Of course the fight itself will be entertaining between two of the very best in the world, so it isn't a total loss. But I'd for once like to not see a rematch in this division, especially when the right guy got the decision. Of course this is an awesome fight, but count me among those who are hellafide disappointed in the lack of Showtime. And why he is suddenly at the back of the line? Argue with Dana over something? Pay? Or are they planning on using him to fight Gilbert?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 pm

The word going around is that showtime might be fighting Gil.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Or are they planning on using him to fight Gilbert?

I are da man. I also predicted this when showtime kicked J-lo in her huge ass.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:57 pm

i believe it.

Pat Healy has to derail atleast 10 more hype trains to earn a shot and JT just didnt grab it. Pettis just may get the fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Nailed another one

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 pm

oggy420 wrote:
lol love the over reactions

awww wtf you mean we're gonna have to sit through watching the top 2 lw's in the world battle it out again?

i get it, Showtime is deserving, but he's young. He should fight the winner of diaz/miller agreed, but whatever i don't think it's necessarily set in stone that the winner will get a title shot, i know dana said it but they have to do something with showtime. There are plenty of good fights for Showtime out there and unfortunately with how stacked this division we should get used to this. Instead of acting like its the end of the world that Frankie is getting a rematch that i think he clearly deserves despite what some haters will say, we should be excited that this is a super stacked division that is going to be producing awesome fights at the top of the division for a long time.

I get what you are saying, but in just over a 2 year span we've seen a total of 3 match ups for the LW title. Close fights happen. I'm tired of all the rematches. What's it going to hurt to let Miller or Showtime fight for the belt? Give Edgar the Diaz/Miller winner then that winner gets the next shot.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Unless they are using Pettis for Gil, I don't agree with this at all. Again, this division is as stacked possibly as we have ever seen in MMA and there are going to be razor thin 25 minute battles on the reg. We can't run 'em all back. Bendo broke Frankie's face and took his belt. I thought this shit was settled

Atleast this means Frankie wasn't beaten down to 145 though
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:23 am

dana shouldn't be pressuring him to go down to 145

and that would be a sick fight if its true, who would you pick? Pettis or Gil?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:33 am

Gil, but it would be no shock to see Showtime do that thang on Showtime.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 am

Kind of gay in the sense that this really wasn't warranted by the fight itself, but what happens if this fight is a close fight again? Will Frankie forever lobby for rematches so long as he isn't blown out?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 am

It will be another great fight but would've def rather have seen Showtime get the shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Lame.

Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" Frankie_crop_650x440
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Gil didnt handle Masvidal with any ease at all. I think Showtime kicks his head in.

Hopefully Diaz beats Miller, and we can see Pettis vs. Diaz.

Let Frankie lose again, and go to 145 where he can dominate people his size.

Then Pettis vs. Henderson again. I wouldnt mind seeing that fight again no doubt.

Seriously, I like Frankie, and think he is right below BJ as the best LW, but I want to see new faces fighting for the strap at 155. Too stacked of a division.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"   Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on" Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar part Deux/"It's on"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next