Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:17 am

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/White-Edgar-Henderson-to-Headline-UFCs-Feb-26-Japan-Return-37145

Saturday, November 12, 2011

UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar will next defend his belt against former WEC titleholder Ben Henderson when the UFC returns to Japan in February.

UFC President Dana White confirmed the booking during the UFC on Fox 1 post-fight press conference Saturday night. According to White, Edgar-Henderson will headline the Japanese event expected to go down Feb. 26 at Saitama Super Arena.

“Both [Henderson and Edgar] are exciting fighters. After Frankie’s [knockout of Gray Maynard], I was texting him for four days, like a groupie. I was so blown away by his performance,” said White. “Every time [Henderson] fights, it’s exciting, so them being the main event in Japan should be a great show.”

Henderson (Pictured, file photo) earned his shot at the belt by edging Clay Guida in a hard-fought contest on Saturday. Though “The Carpenter” hung tough through three rounds, it was Henderson who left the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., with a unanimous decision.

“I like to feed off the crowd. I get them hyped up and they get me hyped up,” Henderson said at the post-fight press conference. “I go out there and have a good time; that’s all there is to it. I hate decisions. I can’t stand them, but it is what it is. Next time, I will aim to finish the fight.”

While Henderson appeared to get the better of the many scrambles and exchanges through the first two rounds, Guida came out in the third frame with renewed zeal, attacking the WEC import with a topside guillotine. The choke looked tight enough to cause a finish, but Henderson would not give up, continually defending Guida’s advances before escaping to his feet.

“I wasn’t too worried [when I was caught in the guillotine],” said Henderson. “My submission defense is not too shabby, so I knew the right technique to get out of it. It was tight, and he was squeezing hard, but as far as me going to sleep, it wasn’t happening.”

A winner in 13 of his last 14 fights, Henderson rides the momentum of three straight Octagon victories into his showdown with the speedy champion. Despite his streak of excellence, Henderson asserts that he will need to make some adjustments prior to his trip across the Pacific.

“I wanted to be more technical and precise [tonight]. Clay did a great job of making it more of a brawl and a wrestling match,” said Henderson. “As far as matching up with Frankie, I have to do a better job at sticking to the game plan. Frankie and I are going to put on a great show.”
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:20 am

Im excited for this fight. I think Bendo has a very good chance of winning this fight. This is a very good main event for a card in Japan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:17 am

Edgar wins and finally unites the UFC and WEC titles.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:52 am

Damn, the fact that Bendo regained his WEC title did not even cross my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah hopefully the winner fights Melendez next and all 3 titles get unified.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 am

freakzilla wrote:
Yeah hopefully the winner fights Melendez next and all 3 titles get unified.

That sounds like a great plan!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:51 am

Should be a great matchup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:21 am

And the new Lightweight champion of the world.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Will be rooting for Bendo but there's no chance we don't get 5 rounds of frenetic action (unless Bendo somehow stops him, can't see it happening the other way around)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:01 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Will be rooting for Bendo but there's no chance we don't get 5 rounds of frenetic action (unless Bendo somehow stops him, can't see it happening the other way around)
Yeah those Japanese fans should be in for a show here, that's for sure. Insane pace, well rounded fighters, really looking forward to the matchup.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:13 pm

ACTION!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 464622343
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 am

Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 UFC_144_poster_large_large
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 Bendo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012   Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson to headline UFC: Japan Feb 26th 2012
Page 1 of 1