Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3

Go down 
+7
cheekynffc
GDPofDRC
timthebim
Ninja
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
@JoshKoscheck
Just watched the fight again.1&3rd round where mine. Maybe a rematch 5 round fight this time? What U say Hindricks?

Hendricks should say, shove it up and your ass and stop bitching about losing.

+1

The only significant thing Kos done in the first was poke Johny's eye.

And even then Hendricks won the 1st round (in my mind). He had more significant strikes and a quick takedown. I do however think Kos won the 3rd in a very close round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :
@JoshKoscheck
Just watched the fight again.1&3rd round where mine. Maybe a rematch 5 round fight this time? What U say Hindricks?

Hendricks should say, shove it up and your ass and stop bitching about losing.

+1

The only significant thing Kos done in the first was poke Johny's eye.

And even then Hendricks won the 1st round (in my mind). He had more significant strikes and a quick takedown. I do however think Kos won the 3rd in a very close round.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Koscheck took the third round, but Hendricks got the better of him in the first two rounds despite the harder shots. It's hard to give Koscheck the first round for landing harder punches when he gets outstruck just under two to one.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Ludo wrote:
Koscheck took the third round, but Hendricks got the better of him in the first two rounds despite the harder shots. It's hard to give Koscheck the first round for landing harder punches when he gets outstruck just under two to one.

Plus even witht he eypoke Hendricks was dictating the fight. He controlled Kos against the cage where he landed some big knees and took him to the mat.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Plus even witht he eypoke Hendricks was dictating the fight. He controlled Kos against the cage where he landed some big knees and took him to the mat.

I didn't give much weight to that takedown, he didn't do anything with it and couldn't hold Koscheck down for more than 5 seconds or so. I don't usually score a takedown that doesn't yield anything in the way of strikes or advantageous position for any real length of time. Minimum time for a takedown to be scored, at least for Me, is at least 20 seconds and 4 strikes on the ground, whichever happens first.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I score it as Hendricks wins that Parton the round via octagon control.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I score it as Hendricks wins that Parton the round via octagon control.

But who really should get credit for octagon control? The guy who scores a takedown that doesn't last very long on the ground, or the guy who exploded right back up to his feet?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
I score it as Hendricks wins that portion the round via octagon control.

But who really should get credit for octagon control? The guy who scores a takedown that doesn't last very long on the ground, or the guy who exploded right back up to his feet?

The guy getting the takedown. I don't give credit for someone getting out of a sub either. Its about opposing your will on the other person.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

The guy getting the takedown. I don't give credit for someone getting out of a sub either. Its about opposing your will on the other person.

Seems kind of unfair to look at it that way though doesn't it? Getting a takedown for literally less than 10 seconds means something while stopping a takedown or escaping one almost immediately means nothing? Escaping to your feet from a takedown is imposing your will on someone, they wanted you on the ground and you are now standing again.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Seems kind of unfair to look at it that way though doesn't it? Getting a takedown for literally less than 10 seconds means something while stopping a takedown or escaping one almost immediately means nothing? Escaping to your feet from a takedown is imposing your will on someone, they wanted you on the ground and you are now standing again.

I'm not saying its a huge point but for the 10 seconds I give it to Hendricks.

The way I ranking scoring.
#1 and by and far most important. Damage: strikes landing, sinking in submissions
A distant #2 for importance. Octagon control: take downs, pushing the pace, controlling against the cage, submission attempts.
No credit given: getting back up, sub escapes, getting out of a clinch. It is obviously crucial to do these things in a fight, but I don't believe you should be given credit towards winning a fight by doing so.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:47 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 am

Quote :
"I don't think that fight really hurt me, because a lot of people know that it could have gone either way. Johny Hendricks is a tough kid, you know, comes from a wrestling background. I gotta give him respect for what he's done in wrestling. I thought his weight classes were a bit weaker than mine, possibly, but he was a good wrestler. He's transitioning, now, into a fighter, and he's still young in his career. I think he's got a long way to go to make it to the top. Johny Hendricks could probably win ten fights in a row and still never make as much money as me."
-Koscheck

Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSei2BqxMaT1b21XaKvh0gxNADhikivSDis6NDeTeZCEqzHT2fx
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:50 am

hendricks was on 1310 the ticket in dallas a couple days ago and seemed like a real nice guy while having to put up with retarded mms questions
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 am

I thought that fight was super close I'd love to see them go at it again.

I also agree that a quick takedown where the fighter getting taken down gets right back up without taking damage shouldn't be scored as a takedown imo(if it happens threw the whole fight then I can see calling it octogan controll), I really fucking hate when Goldy calls out that a fighter got a takedone against the fence as soon as the fighter fighting off the cage has one knee on the matt! Thats not a takedown, not in wrestling and not in our sport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3   Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Koscheck Vs. Johny Hendricks Set For UFC On Fox 3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2