Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner

Go down 
+2
Andrew the Raider King
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner Empty
PostSubject: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/1/30/2758514/ufc-143-johny-hendricks-nick-diaz-carlos-interim-title-mma
And as he tells ESPN.com, the world's largest fight promotion has two big fights coming up this weekend and a wide open contender's bracket in the wake of UFC 143.

Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner Star-divide.v5e9d7f1

"I've been telling everybody I really want the winner of
[Diaz/Condit]. You don't get this opportunity too often. Now that I've
done it in the ring, I've got to do it outside the ring. If I don't
promote myself outside the ring -- I mean, there are great fights going
on and now they're happening almost every week. You can be forgotten. So
if I don't say in the news that I want that interim title shot --
there's a fight this weekend in the 170 class, and [if Koscheck or
Pierce] does good, I might get bumped. So I always got to be out there
making my case. I want my goal. My goal is to be UFC champ some day, and
I know I'm right there. I just need that shot. Here's the thing. Unless
the UFC says, ‘Johny, you have to fight -- we want you to get a shot at
the title, but we have some questions, and you need another one first,'
then of course I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds me. I'm going
to do what they say. But if it's up to me, I'd much rather go for the
UFC interim belt. I've seen so many people who are right there, right
there to get that shot and something happens ... it never fails,
something happens, and they don't win. And then it takes them three or
four fights to get back, which is a year to a year-and-a-half back, and
that's if everything lines up perfectly."

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Quote :
You don't get this opportunity too often. Now that I've
done it in the ring, I've got to do it outside the ring. If I don't
promote myself outside the ring
Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:32 pm

I like Hendricks and he KTFO of the #2 Welterweight in the world, so he does have a solid reason to get his shot. Plus, I think he is a tough outing for any fighter in this weight class.

Last edited by Andrew the Raider King on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Well I'd much rather seen Hendricks then Kos getting another shot at a title. Even if it is Interim. But I'm sure some of you guys think Thiago Alves is more deserving.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Gracie came out and said Diaz is waiting for GSP if he wins.

Hendricks needs another big win before he gets a title shot. I think a match versus Kos(if he beats Pierce) or the Ellenberger/Sanchez winner would be good.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Hendricks needs another big win before he gets a title shot. I think a match versus Kos(if he beats Pierce) or the Ellenberger/Sanchez winner would be good.
Both of those sound like good fights. I'm assuming whoever wins this fight will wait for GSP. So Hendricks will probably need 1 more win either way. Ellenberger(going to rape Diego) would be ideal IMO. Kos-Pierce winner should fight Alves-Kampmann winner.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

If true than Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner Female_mallard

GSP has a complete tear of his ACL and a small tear of his internal miniscus on the right knee and might not even fight this year and Diaz would be the Interim Champ who won't fight? Quack, quack.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:56 pm

You hear all the time about fighters are "going to wait". Doesn't always play out like that. Depends on how things look after the fight and what GSP says his ETA is. Wasn't Rashad also going to wait for his title shot? Wasn't Fitch waiting on BJ or GSP or something like that? Things change, if the UFC wants Nick to fight, he will fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Both of those sound like good fights. I'm assuming whoever wins this fight will wait for GSP. So Hendricks will probably need 1 more win either way. Ellenberger(going to rape Diego) would be ideal IMO. Kos-Pierce winner should fight Alves-Kampmann winner.

Only problem with Kos-Pierce winner is that Pierce just fought Hendricks not too long ago. Kampmann v Kos looks very entertaining though. I wouldn't mind a Sanchez v kampmann rematch just to right that BS decision.

Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner Diego-Sanchez-face

According to Stockton rules, Diego looks badly.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 pm

OU wrote:
You hear all the time about fighters are "going to wait". Doesn't always play out like that. Depends on how things look after the fight and what GSP says his ETA is. Wasn't Rashad also going to wait for his title shot? Wasn't Fitch waiting on BJ or GSP or something like that? Things change, if the UFC wants Nick to fight, he will fight.

You would be a better manager for Diaz.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Only problem with Kos-Pierce winner is that Pierce just fought Hendricks not too long ago. Kampmann v Kos looks very entertaining though. I wouldn't mind a Sanchez v kampmann rematch just to right that BS decision.

Well in the situation I was talking about is Pierce-Kos winner fighting Alves-Kampmann winner. So not sure what Hendricks has to do with that? I suggested Ellenberger for Hendricks. Also said your picks seemed to make sense.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:06 pm

The UFC is already planning on GSP fighting like early Fall. It wouldn't be a crazy wait if that's the case
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

You would be a better manager for Diaz.
Ceaser is off his rocker sometimes. But most managers say BS for the media.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The UFC is already planning on GSP fighting like early Fall. It wouldn't be a crazy wait if that's the case
Yeah I remember a week or two ago GSP gave his update. Said late summer to fall return is hopeful.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:11 pm

I think UFC is far more optimistic than reality as they often are about making money with injured fighters. He jacked up that knee in December, he isn't even gonna start sports rehab until April. I'd be surprised if jumps in before winter. His explosiveness especially partnered with his ability has been paramount to his years of success in the UFC. Rushing would be a mistake. I don't want to see an inadequately healed GSP fight Diaz. That would be a real let down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I don't think GSP or his camp would buckle to any pressure to get in the cage before he is 100%. Especially if the opponent is going to be Nick Diaz. I think he has genuine dislike for Nick and wants to prove a point if that fight ever happens. But either way GSP is a smart athlete with smart people around him. He won't be back in action until he is ready to compete at the level he is use to. I can hate on GSP for a few things, but he is a true professional.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

According to the ten point must system for MMA Diego wins rounds 2 and 3 because as usual Kampmann allowed himself to be dragged into a dogfight.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:38 pm

OU wrote:
I don't think GSP or his camp would buckle to any pressure to get in the cage before he is 100%. Especially if the opponent is going to be Nick Diaz. I think he has genuine dislike for Nick and wants to prove a point if that fight ever happens. But either way GSP is a smart athlete with smart people around him. He won't be back in action until he is ready to compete at the level he is use to. I can hate on GSP for a few things, but he is a true professional.

Not to mention we've seen champions lately coming back off injuries and not looking so good. I see no reason for GSP to rush back regardless of the situation.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Also factor in that the UFC made the Interim Belt. So you still have that shiny strap for fans to see. It allows 5 round "title" fights to happen while GSP heals up.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

According to the ten point must system for MMA Diego wins rounds 2 and 3 because as usual Kampmann allowed himself to be dragged into a dogfight.

Kampmann outstruck him in 1st and 2nd. He also scored a knockdown int he first too(10-8?). He also defended all but one takedown the entire fight.

At worst it should have gone 29-29. At best Kampmann won 29-27.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Kampmann outstruck him in 1st and 2nd. He also scored a knockdown int he first too(10-8?). He also defended all but one takedown the entire fight.

At worst it should have gone 29-29. At best Kampmann won 29-27.

Kampmann landed five more strikes than Sanchez in the second round, and Sanchez landed the better shots in that round. Not to mention Kampmann spent the entire second round backing up. Kampmann landed very well in the first round and easily takes the round, but because he spends the whole rest of the fight backing up and landing less frequently while being wobbled two or three times because he allowed Sanchez to turn it into an ugly brawl he ends up losing the next two rounds.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:07 pm

I'll say it again. It was the worst dec I have ever seen. extreme damage>half hass octagon control. Brutalizing your opponent on the feet carries more weight then brief moments of dominate positioning resulting in nothing. Anyone that watches that fight can tell you which man won that fight, if you gave it to Sanchez you are trying too hard and overthinking the points system.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Well without knocking the guy out for three rounds what else do we have to go on? Kampmann dominated the first round but what did he do after that besides let Sanchez get inside and make it ugly? Kampmanns fight to give away and he did just that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Malki Kawa wrote:
Cesar Gracie wrote:
If we're fortunate and we win this fight, I would advise Nick to not take another fight before the GSP fight unless it was in different weight class. We want to wait for that 170-pound thing

At the end of the day, if people are writing Carlos Condit off, it's a big mistake, Carlos is coming to fight. The guy is in great shape. Remember, he was supposed to fight in October. He hasn't stopped training. He's coming to fight and this is going to be a real good fight. And if and when he wins this belt, if [the UFC] wants to put him back out to fight again, Carlos is going to fight again and defend his belt against anyone who challenges him. We're not going to sit around and wait for anyone, not Georges or anybody. If there's fights out there, Carlos wants them.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Rehab is an 8-10 week ordeal for a torn ACL. He will be healed by June/July. He will do a modified training camp for 4-6 weeks, just to get back in shape, break for a couple of weeks and start training for the interim champion which will be 8-10 weeks. So yeah we are looking at November/December for the fight. Unless GSP is stupid and just does the one training camp, then we are looking at mid fall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner   Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner Empty

Back to top Go down

Johny Hendricks wants Condit/Diaz winner
Page 1 of 1