Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time to take him off the shelf?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Time to take him off the shelf? Empty
PostSubject: Time to take him off the shelf?   Time to take him off the shelf? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 pm

There was a time when Matt Hughes was arguably the most dominant champion in MMA. In the last couple of years he put together three in a row, vs Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie, and Ricardo Almeida. And then he dropped two in a row, losing via strikes to BJ Penn and Josh Koscheck.

Hughes didn't retire, but said he wanted to take some time off. He took some time off, and wants to come back.

Mrs. Hughes is not happy with the decision.

It remains to be seen if UFC President Dana White is happy.

In the post fight interview with Ariel Helwani on Fuel TV, Hughes said Dana will decide his future.

"I want to fight again, my wife tells me I'm going to retire, so Dana is the deciding vote. We will talk to him and see what happens. I'd like to talk to him tonight, but I have not seen him yet.

"I don't know yet to be honest. I think Dana can be the final decision-maker. My wife is a great lady, but she is not going to tell me when Matt Hughes retires.

"I'm just hoping I can fight next, we will see what happens. I am not scouting any one out, I'm just hoping the opportunity is till there for me. As soon as this old body can get back into shape I'd love to jump back in there, so, that's another that he'll answer for me."

--

Hardy is the obvious choice since he's calling Hughes out and is a semi name. I think a final rematch with Hallman would be alright. Gracie has been calling Hughes out too. Any other interesting match ups for old man Hughes?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Time to take him off the shelf?   Time to take him off the shelf? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Hughes vs Hardy makes the most sense. Really the only fighter with a name that Hughes could beat at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Time to take him off the shelf?   Time to take him off the shelf? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Ninja wrote:
Hughes vs Hardy makes the most sense. Really the only fighter with a name that Hughes could beat at this point in time.

Agree with this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to take him off the shelf?   Time to take him off the shelf? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Just retire, I hate fighters who stay on way past their sell by date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to take him off the shelf?   Time to take him off the shelf? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:36 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to take him off the shelf?   Time to take him off the shelf? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to take him off the shelf?
Page 1 of 1