Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time

Go down 
+3
Andrew the Raider King
Ludo
Birdofthad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:50 pm

3. UFC 4 - Royce Gracie vs Dan Severn. Enough Said

2. UFC 52 - Hughes vs Trigg 2, as the co-main event, Randy vs Chuck 2, Lutter vs Lindland, Frank Mir, GSP, Babalu, and Cindy Crawford. No doubt

1. UFC 6 - Tank Abbott debuts, Oleg Taktarov shows what Sambo mixed with some Den and Heart is all about, Ken vs Severn

whats your list look like?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 am

#1 UFC 34
#2 UFC 31
#3 UFC 116
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 am

ya the Hughes slam was sick wasnt it, still wonder if he passed out when he dropped Carlos, did you know Rizzo was the highest paid fighter in the UFC at that time, made 175 thousand, that was a HUGE UFC, Barnett and Mir as well,

Dana White said UFC 33 set the UFC "back a year" at the time, and admitted it set them back even more later, 34 was a good and important one. Dont really want to talk about Pete vs Ricco

31 had Penn debut and Randy vs Rizzo 1, along with Carlos Newton school yard choke of iletich add in Liddell vs Randleman, as well as Shonie vs Serra, but god damn it are you trying to bring up Pete's late losses (this t ime vs Semmy Schilt)

great list Ludo

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah the fact that Penn broke out of nowhere and beat arguably the #1 Lightweight in the world(had to be either Uno or Pulver at the time) in under 30 seconds was a shock to the MMA world and the legend that is BJ Penn really got started there even if he did draw the next time with him. The fact that he hung with Uno for five rounds with his horrible cardio back then really is a credit to just how much talent Penn has.

Hughes looked like he was out or just about to go out when they pulled them apart.

I liked the Semmy fight simply because he showed us that he didn't NEED a ground game to be successful, he just had to develop a great defense on the ground, which he did. You can't knock someone out or submit them from the top without your hands like that.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:36 am

all great points and ya i remember Uno running across the cage and i was ike oh ya here it comes

9 seconds later i was like Tha Fuck just happened???
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 am

116 - Actually the best UFC I had seen since
31 - I was wondering if it would ever be topped
4 - First time I ever thought for real that Royce was vulnerable, might I point out that Dan Severn played Zangief with Anthony Macias?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 pm

UFC 100-STACKED CARD
UFC 116-Best fights ever on one card
UFC 60- Hughes over Gracie which is the best thing I ever saw in MMA
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 pm

ufc 100 ufc 116 ufc 87.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:51 pm

josh200612 wrote:
ufc 100 ufc 116 ufc 87.

Good call!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
116 - Actually the best UFC I had seen since
31 - I was wondering if it would ever be topped
4 - First time I ever thought for real that Royce was vulnerable, might I point out that Dan Severn played Zangief with Anthony Macias?

Anthony actually cross trained with the Den during that time period so i fet bad for him, still gotta love how he tried to throw backwards head butts hahahah
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Yo Bird name your top 3 PPVs that had nothing at all in any way at any time to do with The Den.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Yo Bird name your top 3 PPVs that had nothing at all in any way at any time to do with The Den.
thank you.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:03 pm

guess you didnt see UFC 52 at number 2
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
thank you.

Good job agreeing! You are on fire today Josh! Damn I am out of votes!

Last edited by bigbeastcardinal12 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm

and UFC 4 no Ken, guess you dont know your history
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Birdofthad wrote:
guess you didnt see UFC 52 at number 2

Yes sir I did, that makes 1...would you kindly choose 2 more?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

granted it was Mezgers debut
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Sooners is such a noob!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

damn son, get your homer panties out of a wad. I wasn't insulting you.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:10 pm

geez don't ask Bird who he likes that has never seen the inside of The Den.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 pm

pretty hard pressed

cant say UFC 31, cause tehres a Denner, cant say 34 cause theres a denner, cant say 12,13, or 14 cause there s a denner, hhhhhmmmmmm cant say 22 cause you get the picture

hmmmmm 116 i guess
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:14 pm

royce gracie, leben, Ruas, Kid , Aoki, Anderson Silva, Pulver

shoud i keep going?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:15 pm

kazushi!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
pretty hard pressed

cant say UFC 31, cause tehres a Denner, cant say 34 cause theres a denner, cant say 12,13, or 14 cause there s a denner, hhhhhmmmmmm cant say 22 cause you get the picture

hmmmmm 116 i guess

Really Bird? No Den= not good enough? You keep naming all these cards that can't name. But there are 116 events plus UFN and Finale's to pick from. You have a very wide range of cards with no fighters on the main card that have ever even driven by The Den.
Forget I asked, I didn't know this would be so hard for you, you take being a homer to a whole new level.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:21 pm

sorry bud there my favorite cards also just trying to point out to you how many Lions Den guys are on cards, cant say 64, 65, 67 you guys dont reaize how many people have trained with or at the gym that are on UFC cards, 49

basically up until 90s and up there havent been many and those arent my favorite cards I dont like seeing Brock smash Randy, 100 was a good one

you also have to take into account Bird is on Red Alert Ken fights in 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time   Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Top 3 UFC's of All Time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next