Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did you score Sonnen v Bisping

Go down 
+14
oggy420
josh200612
Ludo
Primetyme199
Cu Bu
Andrew the Raider King
cascade_run
killerofchicken
acccardinal12
Ninja
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How did you score Sonnen v Bisping?
30-27 Sonnen
How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
29-28 Sonnen (1st & 3rd)
How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_lcap65%How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 13 ]
29-28 Sonnen (2nd & 3rd)
How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
29-28 Bisping (1st & 2nd)
How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Other (maybe had a 10-10 round?)
How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:06 pm

29-28 sonnen in a rather lucky decision. I agree that if this fight were a 5 rounder bisbing might have finished Chael.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:36 pm

josh200612 wrote:
What music did Chael come out to? I was at the bar.

Same as always
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Sonnen deserved the decision and I'm glad he got it. Bisping is no chance against Anderson. At least Sonnen will give us a competitive fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:55 pm

29-28 Chael with him winning the 1st and third but the 1st was very close.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 am

I had Bisping winning but in a world where judges score a guy that getting a takedown only to have his opponent get right back up as equal to a guy dropping his opponent with a strike and almost KOing him I knew that Chael would probably get the nod. It was a real close fight though so I ain't mad.

I know I can't wait for Anderson to kick the shit out of Chael lets make a joke of mma Sonnen. After that post fight talk, after that performance? I'm just gonna start call him "the joke"
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:26 am

I had it 29-28 for Sonnen (gave Sonnen the 1st and 3rd). The reason I scored the 1st round for Sonnen was because they were essentially even on their feet, with neither guy landing significant punches or kicks, but Sonnen outgrappled Bisping a bit, so I gave him the nod on round 1. Round 2 was essentially the same as round 1, so I could see why one judge gave Sonnen all three rounds, but I felt that Bisping was able to do more of what he wanted to do in the second round then Sonnen was, so I gave Bisping that round, but it could have gone either way. Round 3 was a clear Sonnen round, and truthfully, what I expected the whole fight to look like. Sonnen didn't look his best in that fight and is going to have to figure out why before his rematch with Silva. That, and his post fight antics are just plain stupid. He needs to talk like he does in interviews after his fights...he'd gain a lot more fans. At first he was funny, now its just getting to be old.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:38 am

I voted 29-28 Sonnen giving him 1st and 3rd. But I could see a 30-28 for Sonnen too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:40 am

But even though again, I think it was Bisping's opponent looking like shit more then it was Bisping looking good. Mike is still better then I give him credit for. His wrestling is better then I gave it credit for. If he would have fought Maia that same night, he probably would have won.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 am

OU wrote:
But even though again, I think it was Bisping's opponent looking like shit more then it was Bisping looking good. Mike is still better then I give him credit for. His wrestling is better then I gave it credit for. If he would have fought Maia that same night, he probably would have won.

Agreed. I have underrated Bisping a lot, and even though i think Saturday night was more about Sonnen looking off, then Bisping looking on, Bisping showed that his wrestlings is pretty decent, especially his ability to get back to his feet. If he fought Maia saturday night, he would have tko'd him in the third imo. I also think Weidman would have finished Maia if he had a full training camp.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:54 am

jimbojones1950 wrote:
OU wrote:

Agreed. I have underrated Bisping a lot, and even though i think Saturday night was more about Sonnen looking off, then Bisping looking on, Bisping showed that his wrestlings is pretty decent, especially his ability to get back to his feet. If he fought Maia saturday night, he would have tko'd him in the third imo. I also think Weidman would have finished Maia if he had a full training camp.
Yeah I agree about Weidman. With a full camp he could have been the best MW fighting that night. I think he has that kind of potential.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Though impressed with Weidman, I wouldn't be putting him up there to quick guys. He just had a standing bout with Damien Maia, not exactly Anderson Silva on the feet...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:46 pm

OU wrote:
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/01/sonnen-vs-bisping-official-ufc.html

Sonnen with more total strikes, significant strikes, and takedowns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you score Sonnen v Bisping   How did you score Sonnen v Bisping - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you score Sonnen v Bisping
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2