Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Machida wants Hendo, considering 185

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 Empty
PostSubject: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Eduardo Ferreira: Do you know when you’ll be healed (from elbow surgery?

Lyoto Machida: Well, I believe in 20 days I’ll be 100% and prepared for a tougher training, that involves fighting, on which I can train my whole body.

EF: What are you expecting for the future? Who do you believe can come next?

LM: I’m waiting UFC’s suggestion. I guess in April or May, but in case it doesn’t happen I’ll suggest Dan Henderson, who’s a good guy. I know he’s on the line for the belt, but if this fight against Jon Jones doesn’t happen, I’d like to fight him.

EF: Is it a good way for you to get on the line for the title again, right?

LM: He’s a legend in the sport, a champion in many events, like Rings, Pride, Strikeforce… I’d like to test my technique against his.

EF: Now Rashad’s fighting Phil Davis and Dan Henderson is the next on the line. How do you see your weight class currently?

LM: I guess this event will define many things, where are things going. If Rashad wins, I guess he’s the next contender. If Phil Davis wins, I guess he’s gonna have to fight one more time at least. It’s hard to say, I’m also looking at my position right now and waiting for a bigger definition.

EF: People talked about you dropping to the middleweight class. Do you consider doing it?

LM: Well, I have other goals in my division first. But, who knows, in the future, after I achieve all my goals, I can drop.

EF: Can you make 185lbs easily?

LM: I don’t like dehydrating like people do, I always try to stay on my natural weight and I feel great that way. I train with heavier people and I see a big difference. It’s something I feel good. It’d be my call to drop to the middleweight, it would be a challenge, something new.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Hendo would smack him silly.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:42 pm

josh200612 wrote:

I think it would be a very tough match up for Hendo.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 pm

On paper it's a tough matchup but with the way Machida was fighting post Shogun and pre Jones it's not a stretch to think Hendo could bully him up against the fence and then land a big shot on him like what Rampage was setting up. Machida wouldn't be so cavalier with Hendo because he would be respectful of the one shot power.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 pm

i like the idea of him at 185... shogun too! i think shogun can make it a lot easier than Machida actually
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:19 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
i like the idea of him at 185... shogun too! i think shogun can make it a lot easier than Machida actually

Machida is tiny for 205. I think he can make the transition easiest.

Rashad is listed at 5'11" and wrestled at 183 in college.

Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 Lyoto_rashad

Now look at them face to face.

Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 Evans-machida

They are the same height (give or take .5") and Machida is soft, not ripped like Rashad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

They are the same height (give or take .5") and Machida is soft, not ripped like Rashad.

huh ???? Machida's the perfect size for the class IMO, he's got a solid thick frame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

I think it would be a very tough match up for Hendo.

+1

Machida would give Hendo alot of problems.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

huh ???? Machida's the perfect size for the class IMO, he's got a solid thick frame.

Well not quite tiny, but a cut to 185 shouldn't be a problem. He just said he likes to stay at this natural weight and doesn't like dehydrating. Sounds like making 205 isn't much of a real cut. He shows almost no definition.

The ideal size for 205 is Jones, Forrest, and Bonnar, not Machida.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Shad and Rua are tiny for 205, not Machida.

Anyway I'd love to see Hendo vs. Machida happen.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Well not quite tiny, but a cut to 185 shouldn't be a problem. He just said he likes to stay at this natural weight and doesn't like dehydrating. Sounds like making 205 isn't much of a real cut. He shows almost no definition.

So then your proposing that anyone fighting at 205 should be cutting at minimum 30lbs(or in Forest's case like 40lbs or more)? lolwut?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

So then your proposing that anyone fighting at 205 should be cutting at minimum 30lbs(or in Forest's case like 40lbs or more)? lolwut?

No I'm saying it is ideal. Almost all the champs at every weight class are at the upper end size wise for their division; Cruz (fought at 145), Aldo(looking at 155), Edgar(exception to the rule), GSP(not huge, but pretty big), Anderson(has a frame bigger than most 205ers and has competed there), Jones(huge frame), & JDS(exception).
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:

No I'm saying it is ideal. Almost all the champs at every weight class are at the upper end size wise for their division; Cruz (fought at 145), Aldo(looking at 155), Edgar(exception to the rule), GSP(not huge, but pretty big), Anderson(has a frame bigger than most 205ers and has competed there), Jones(huge frame), & JDS(exception).

The last two champions at 155 barely cut weight, one of which held that belt for quite a while. Anderson has a large frame sort of, but he came from Welterweight. Three of the last four Heavyweight champions have been smaller heavyweights, two of the last three light heavyweight champions had smaller frames than Jones. Size doesn't = win.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:45 pm

"I was ready to fight but the opportunity was not there. The division is lacking, it's a bit mixed, and I didn't know, right (who would be my next opponent)? I even had the intention of fighting at 185lbs so I wouldn't lose the opportunity of keeping busy. I spoke to Ed Soares and (Jorge Guimarães), but they told me to be patient. Look, I'm a guy that usually weighs at most 96kg (211lbs), so I don't think there would be a problem fighting (at middleweight).

My objective is to fight at (205lbs), but to make a fight at middleweight would not be a problem. Anderson is a comrade of mine, a friend in my team. (Middleweight) is his, but I would take a fight to keep me busy. The important thing is to keep fighting, it's the adrenaline. I would like to fight there, but only with the objective of keeping me busy."
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
"I was ready to fight but the opportunity was not there. The division is lacking, it's a bit mixed, and I didn't know, right (who would be my next opponent)? I even had the intention of fighting at 185lbs so I wouldn't lose the opportunity of keeping busy. I spoke to Ed Soares and (Jorge Guimarães), but they told me to be patient. Look, I'm a guy that usually weighs at most 96kg (211lbs), so I don't think there would be a problem fighting (at middleweight).

My objective is to fight at (205lbs), but to make a fight at middleweight would not be a problem. Anderson is a comrade of mine, a friend in my team. (Middleweight) is his, but I would take a fight to keep me busy. The important thing is to keep fighting, it's the adrenaline. I would like to fight there, but only with the objective of keeping me busy."

Once Chael wins, come on down Karate Kid!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:07 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Only way that sticks is if Anderson isn't given a rematch right away. Apparently the UFC is in love with that even when it isn't 100% deserving. (BJ v Edgar, Bendo v Edgar)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:48 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Lyoto would give Sonnen his 37th submission loss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machida wants Hendo, considering 185   Machida wants Hendo, considering 185 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machida wants Hendo, considering 185
Page 1 of 1