Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao Empty
PostSubject: UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao   UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:36 pm

The UFC released featherweight Junior Assuncao on Monday following his loss to Ross Pearson several weeks ago at UFC 141, which snapped a seven-fight win streak.

“I just got cut from the UFC!! Wow…apparently they did not like my last fight. Thanks UFC for the opportunity. To my fans, I’ll be back!,” Assuncao wrote on Twitter.

Prior to dropping a unanimous decision to The Ultimate Fighter 9 winner Pearson, Assuncao moved down to 145-pounds with his own decision win over Eddie Yagin in September after six-straight wins on the regional circuit.

Assuncao, who trains out of Georgia and was a likely candidate to fight at UFC 145 in Atlanta, went 1-2 in his first stint with the UFC from 2006 to 2007 with a win over David Lee and losses to Nate Diaz and Kurt Pellegrino.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao   UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 pm

I thought he made a good fight? He should have gotten a 2nd fight at least. Well he will be back.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao   UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Surprising
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao   UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Releases Featherweight Junior Assuncao
Page 1 of 1