Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!

Go down 
+11
captain organic
SOKO
OU
timthebim
Ludo
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
josh200612
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Ali wrote:
Oh man Bisping is going to get destroyed.

And Munoz would smash Michael with relative ease.

Is there another Munoz that I don't know about?

The list of fighters who have smashed Bisping with relative ease can be counted on 1 finger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:08 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:

The list of fighters who have smashed Bisping with relative ease can be counted on 1 finger.

Mike has no power, backbone or grit to overcome fighters who don't respect him.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Ali wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:

Did we not just see Bisping beat the piss out of Mayhem after losing the 1st rnd?

Overcame getting rocked by Kang to get the KO there as well.

Does Leben show anyone respect?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:18 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:

Did we not just see Bisping beat the piss out of Mayhem after losing the 1st rnd?

Overcame getting rocked by Kang to get the KO there as well.

Does Leben show anyone respect?

Mayhem isn't exactly the most physically imposing Middleweight out there, and Leben's not exactly hard to outpoint.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:25 pm

so we are playing the game of discrediting all 22 of Bisping's wins?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

captain organic wrote:

No, neither wins means Mike's gonna be able to keep the likes of Munoz and Sonnen off of him, he's got nothing to gain their respect and isn't talented enough to decision either guy.

Maia is the only elite Middleweight I think Mike can defeat.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:29 pm

captain organic wrote:

I think he made fair points. If you can avoid the Leben bomb he is very beatable. Mayhem looked liked complete shit. Credit to Michael but clearly Mayhem played his own part in looking like garbage. Munoz absolutely has the power to put Bisping away. Despite what some may beleive Munoz would take him down whenever the hell he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:30 pm

14 KO's to his credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 pm

I wonder if Sonnen might choose to stand against Mike, he showed against Silva that his striking is pretty solid. And it's not like Chael's got anything to fear from Bisping's hands.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:37 pm

captain organic wrote:
14 KO's to his credit.
Who was the BEST fighter he KO'd? Name the top 3 and see if you don't giggle a little bit. Go ahead and tell me Bisping's best win. You can't include Hamill because everyone knows he lost that fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Best fighter he KO'd? Mayhem.

Best 3 wins(not including Hamill) Miller, Aki, Leben/Dan Miller.

I'll put that up there with Munoz's list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 pm

When was the last time Mike actually dazed and knocked someone out ? pitty pat overwhelming doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:51 pm

captain organic wrote:

Atleast Munoz has a win over a top 10 fighter(Maia). But I was referring to the top 3 fighters he has KO'd. Since that was the stat you brought up. It's not an impressive list by any stretch of the imagination. Which is proof enough by you saying that Miller, who came off a long layoff, is the best of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:57 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Atleast Munoz has a win over a top 10 fighter(Maia). But I was referring to the top 3 fighters he has KO'd. Since that was the stat you brought up. It's not an impressive list by any stretch of the imagination. Which is proof enough by you saying that Miller, who came off a long layoff, is the best of the bunch.

Didn't u pick Mayhem to win?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Didn't u pick Mayhem to win?
Yeah my judgement is clouded sometimes. I didn't expect Mayhem to blow his load in the 1st round. I gave him too much credit and he looked like shit. Bisping didn't look great, Mayhem looked like shit. IMO Miller played a bigger factor in that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:13 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/18/2716150/ufc-on-fox-chael-sonnen-vs-michael-bisping-betting-favorite-maia-weidman-mma-news

Sonnen -450
Bisping +325

While Chael should definitely be the favorite based on the style
matchup, I never expected it to open with Bisping as such an underdog.
As Brent stated yesterday, Bisping is tough to keep on the floor and is
very active from the bottom. I'm not saying Bisping will win the bout,
only that the line is off in my opinion. And as I said before, that's
when I bet.

The third fight on the main card will feature prospect Chris Weidman
taking Demian Maia, and while many are stating that it's too early for
Weidman to take such a tough bout, the guys who set the lines (Bodog in
this case) feel a bit differently:

Weidman -200
Maia +160

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 pm

It was

Sonnen -275

Munoz +215
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:38 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
"pretty good" is "over selling that shit big time"? Nah. Bisping is a pretty good fighter. I know he can be unlikable, but he's proven himself competent in the ring.
Bisping is a good fighter, I probably don't give him enough overall credit as a fighter. But his TDD defense is being overrated. "Pretty good" would even be going a bit far. It's like Kongo's offensive wrestling, that shit only works against grappling noobs. Against anyone who knows what they are doing on the ground, it's pretty ineffective.

I'm sorry but what evidence is there at all of this? Who has ever taken Bisping down and just help him there and not let him do anything? Its not like the dude has faced a murderer's row of grapplers by any means, but Rashad certainly wasn't doing it at 205, Mayhem did nothing with his takedown. Munoz's wrestling in the cage does not match his credentials at all. Its sloppy, just like his striking. Bisping is more technical in pretty much every area of MMA. Obviously Munoz has more power and could hurt him, but we're talking about the same guy that was forced to shoot takedowns on Demian Maia because he was getting tagged. I think the most likely scenario involves Munoz getting a few takedowns that he doesn't do anything with and losing a decision to Bisping's standup
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Ali wrote:
When was the last time Mike actually dazed and knocked someone out ? pitty pat overwhelming doesn't count.

you don't overwhelm anyone with pitty pat punches ali, those punches must have some pop or he wouldn't be overwhelming and stopping anyone.

people said the same about nick diaz for years but you don't hear it so often these days for some reason.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure why being able to knock someone out with one shot is a requirement to win a fight. Bisping stops plenty of people by having cardio and beating the shit out of them. Most of them haven't been that quality of guys, but the point remains
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Doesn't do anything with? What have you seen that would suggest he wouldn't eat some GnP? Anyone that has any wrestling can take down Bisping whenever they want, I haven't seen anything that would suggest otherwise. "Bisping is more technical in pretty much every area of MMA"....what? You mean in 1 aspect? Are you suggesting he is a more technical wrestling? BJJ? I think what you are really saying is he is the more technical striker...yeah that's about it. Better cardio? Probably. End of advantages.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Quote :
"I'm not on the anti-Bisping bandwagon. I never have been. I think
he's good. I hear a lot of negative things said about him, but I think
most of it comes from frustration of maybe his personality or something
like that. I think if you're real objective and you look at his skill
set and his in-ring ability, you'll know that he's a talented guy. He's
definitely cocky and arrogant, which is two qualities that I like in a
person. I like a cocky guy and I like an arrogant guy, so he earns
points with me in those regards, but I think it turns a lot of people
off ... I've never even seen Bisping in trouble. I've never seen him
come out of there cut and scraped and bruised. He seems to go in, take
care of business and go home."
-Sonnen
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:57 pm

I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY! Sonnen is gonna drop him like a bad habit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :
"I'm not on the anti-Bisping bandwagon. I never have been. I think
he's good. I hear a lot of negative things said about him, but I think
most of it comes from frustration of maybe his personality or something
like that. I think if you're real objective and you look at his skill
set and his in-ring ability, you'll know that he's a talented guy. He's
definitely cocky and arrogant, which is two qualities that I like in a
person. I like a cocky guy and I like an arrogant guy, so he earns
points with me in those regards, but I think it turns a lot of people
off ... I've never even seen Bisping in trouble. I've never seen him
come out of there cut and scraped and bruised. He seems to go in, take
care of business and go home."
-Sonnen

Must have missed the Kang fight.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Bisping has never been in serious trouble, except getting KTFO by Hendo or rocked by Kang and Wandy...Stupid ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!   Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking News! Munoz injured! Sonnen vs Bisping!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next