Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst judge???? Worst Ref????

Go down 
+5
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
MMAEYES
OU
Primetyme199
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:59 pm

After further Review, Tony Weeks is my worst. A handful of fights off the top of my head I disagree with.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
If you really look into the site it's pretty cool how he breaks it all down. He even has a 10-10 section.

would 24 10-10 rounds dating back to UFC 33 indicate a problem with judging?

i would've thought there were a lot more rounds than that where a judge would legitimately be unable to split the fighters.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Crosby

To be fair though, i don't remember most judges by name. Crosby stands out because of his 50-45 card in the first Penn-Edgar fight and then following it up with a hate filled rant showing a clear bias against BJ and the "RVCA wearing crowd". I can't believe he still has a job after that.

I'll go Winslow for ref because i can't remember the name of the guy who ref'd that Strikeforce: Houston event and had several WTF blunders.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 pm

I'll go with Mazagatti for worst ref. That debacle with Ronda Rousey where she verbally said tap and prompted him to stop the fight without the bitch caught in the armbar having done anything really sticks out.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 pm

I really am not a fan of any ref other than Rosenthal at this point. But Kim Winslow is the only one where I actively feel bad for the two fighters involved when I see she's reffing because its so incompetent

Even Herb Dean has gotten worse. Dude has atleast one truly awful standup on like every card he's involved in now
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:38 pm

There is no perfect ref, even Rosenthal has bad stoppages.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Am i missing something about Big John? I think he's easily been the best ref for years yet he's rarely mentioned among the best. Im sure he has had his moments through all these years but he's the most reliable guy out there. Any main event, i want Big John.

Maybe it was his time away from UFC or some people think he tries to be in the spotlight too much. Fact is, the guy is rarely too late or too soon and is educated.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 pm

He was away from the UFC for so long that honestly even now when I see him doing a big fight its almost like "Shit, I forgot he still reffed"

I'll take Rosenthal for main events though. Dude knows when to stop fights and when to let em go. He's the man
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:36 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 am

Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 Fitch6fa09
Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 1_05_12_10_3_58_47
Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 Jorge-santiago_sean-salmon_b
Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 Cecil%20Peoples_referee
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Crosby

To be fair though, i don't remember most judges by name. Crosby stands out because of his 50-45 card in the first Penn-Edgar fight and then following it up with a hate filled rant showing a clear bias against BJ and the "RVCA wearing crowd". I can't believe he still has a job after that.

I'll go Winslow for ref because i can't remember the name of the guy who ref'd that Strikeforce: Houston event and had several WTF blunders.

That rant that he did was a joke. He couldn't believe people thought it was real, so he kept going on with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst judge???? Worst Ref????   Worst judge????    Worst Ref???? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst judge???? Worst Ref????
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2