Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grim's contract.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Grim's contract..... Empty
PostSubject: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:55 pm

is it true that this is the last fight on his deal? Win or lose it would be a bad move to let that guy walk.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:11 pm

And he is looking to get paid. If he holds his own vs Fedor, possible even rocks him, then the UFC could sign him to a deal and attemp to "show him up" with someone like Mir or Nog who;d get the sub.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:04 am

..or Rogers knocks Mir's ass out because if Rogers shows life against Fedor and even "rocks" him, you think Dana would be super confident that Frank Mir of all guys would show up Rogers? I know i wouldent. If somebody gives Fedor a fight, i'm not pairing him with Mir with expectation that Mir shows him up because i personally think Mir would not give Fedor a fight. If Nog shows him up, who cares? Nog is the poster boy of Fedor's dominance.

Even though i think this "discredit" fighters bullshit holds back the sport i know it exists so the smart thing is Zuffa would not touch Rogers after a loss to Fedor...even if he did OK. Arlovski would whoop Shane Carwin IMO, but Zuffa won't give him a job because he's the most recent Fedor victim, but AA actually did OK vs. Fedor untill the KO, but Zuffa trying to "bury" Fedor don't want to risk AA coming in and thrashing most of their "depth" and finding himself in the big picture in the UFC with guys like Brock, Nog, and....Brock and Nog.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:50 am

King you are crazy. The fact remains that everybody knows AA has a glass jaw now, yes he is a technically sound fighter, but he can't take the hits required to be the man anymore. If Rogers has a good shoring or somehow beats Fedor and he doesn't have a contract? You know the UFC will make an attempt to grab him and so would you. There is going to be a lot of jockeying for pieces, but SF doesn't have the horses.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
King you are crazy. The fact remains that everybody knows AA has a glass jaw now, yes he is a technically sound fighter, but he can't take the hits required to be the man anymore. If Rogers has a good shoring or somehow beats Fedor and he doesn't have a contract? You know the UFC will make an attempt to grab him and so would you. There is going to be a lot of jockeying for pieces, but SF doesn't have the horses.

Why doesn't sf have the horses? Have we not been payin attention to all the recent signings?

And King is 100% correct regarding his counter point. If grim gives Fedor a good fight why would anyone expect an easy win by Nog or Mir? Coming off a fedor loss grim may provide a conflict of interest if he could knock off some tough ufc guys.

AA? tough to say, I tend to think he's damaged goods.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Fujita gave Fedor trouble. If Grim gives Fedor trouble then it'll be due to landing the one punch, not being a great fighter. Nog & Mir both have excellent subs if you didn't notice? They'd both sub him easily.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Farmer...Fedor has excellent subs if you didnt notice as well. He's also far more efficient on takedowns then Nog and Mir have ever proven to be. If Rogers gave Fedor problems, even if it was one punch...how do you assume Mir and Nog would just walk in there like that and not have any problems if Fedor did? Your biased logic fails, as usual.

The way you are talking is Rogers lands that one punch on Fedor, but thats it, and you call that giving him problems...no way Mir and Nog would have that "problem" because they can sub him?...and Fedor does not have excellent subs? Please explain why if Fedor can have that one punch problem, Nog and Mir won't...and Mir, would be on his ass if he took that punch from Fujita and probably Rogers as well.

If Fedor ever had any problem with Grim. I'm not going to assume Nog and Mir won't run into the same "problem" because they arent on par with Fedor.

Also, Andrew. The glass chin talk is garbage. It's not like Fedor and Rogers hit him with a water baloon. He got knocked out by knock out punches. He does not have Nog's chin, but his Chin is not a problem, his game planning is. A focus AA picks apart Carwin, and Brett Rogers. A lazy AA leaves himself open for TKO's, the chin has nothing to do with it. Just armchair warriors thinking that if a guy gets knocked out, he has a weak chin.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:36 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Farmer...Fedor has excellent subs if you didnt notice as well. He's also far more efficient on takedowns then Nog and Mir have ever proven to be. If Rogers gave Fedor problems, even if it was one punch...how do you assume Mir and Nog would just walk in there like that and not have any problems if Fedor did? Your biased logic fails, as usual.

The way you are talking is Rogers lands that one punch on Fedor, but thats it, and you call that giving him problems...no way Mir and Nog would have that "problem" because they can sub him?...and Fedor does not have excellent subs? Please explain why if Fedor can have that one punch problem, Nog and Mir won't...and Mir, would be on his ass if he took that punch from Fujita and probably Rogers as well.

If Fedor ever had any problem with Grim. I'm not going to assume Nog and Mir won't run into the same "problem" because they arent on par with Fedor.

Also, Andrew. The glass chin talk is garbage. It's not like Fedor and Rogers hit him with a water baloon. He got knocked out by knock out punches. He does not have Nog's chin, but his Chin is not a problem, his game planning is. A focus AA picks apart Carwin, and Brett Rogers.

Just because Rogers landed a lucky punch vs Fedor doesn't mean he would again vs a different fighter. Did you see the Fujita fight? Fedor got rocked, but still won with a sub. Fujita hasn't landed a major punch like that vs a game opponent since.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 pm

You are kidding right? AA has had a supsect chin for quite a while now and it has been completely exposed. AA might be able to take out Carwin, but I doubt it. We already know he can't beat Rogers. As for Fedor and his subs...Yeah, Fedor is a master at Sambo and has some really nasty stuff there, but if Rogers does well or wins, I just don't think SF can offer him more money than the UFC. You might like to think they can, but one is worth about $100 million the other is closer to $1 Billion. Not even in the same ballpark.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Then what is the catch with Grim to UFC if all he landed was a lucky punch and then got handled the rest of the time? A lucky punch is a lucky punch, and it's virtually meaningless if it does not finish him or even lead to more offense for Grim.

Rogers would have to make Fedor look bad in a winning effort for UFC to sign him simply in hopes of Mir or whoemever making him look bad, because even if he lands that punch and it does not knock Fedor out, chances are Rogers is going to be the one looking bad after the fight, just like Fujita did after the punch, or Randleman did after the randleplex.

UFC woud not sign Rogers based on a punch. If they did. How come HMC is not in UFC for mangling Fedor's face and not only thwarting takedown attempts but Fedor being the guy on his back. Where is Ricardo Arona? i think he outgrappled Fedor in RINGS. How come Randleman isnt, they own footage of the Randleplex.ALSO, How come Fujita is not in UFC? He's the guy who landed this memorable punch that ended up being meaningless. Zuffa does not give a rats ass about a punch. If Rogers gave Fedor a battle to where people were impressed with Grim and wanted to see him matched up with the other top HW's in the world, then yes, UFC would pursue that..but one punch is not going to get people talking, especially when Fedor's performance will be the highlight of the fight, punch or not.

I would be encouraged if UFC signed Rogers if he lost this saturday. That would mean they are not blackballing recent Fedor wins. UFC should sign Arlovski first though if they really care about having all the best guys.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm

You are kidding right? AA has had a supsect chin for quite a while now and it has been completely exposed. AA might be able to take out Carwin, but I doubt it. We already know he can't beat Rogers. As for Fedor and his subs...Yeah, Fedor is a master at Sambo and has some really nasty stuff there, but if Rogers does well or wins, I just don't think SF can offer him more money than the UFC. You might like to think they can, but one is worth about $100 million the other is closer to $1 Billion. Not even in the same ballpark.

I disagree on AA, and i think Carwin is not even worthy of his upcoming title shot or even a top 5 UFC HW. Definetly not better than AA. Also, AA can and will beat Rogers if they shall meet again. AA took that fight on short notice and probably thought it was a rebound fight after Fedor. He probably had no clue about Rogers. If AA is telling the truth and his work with Greg Jackson will lead to the return of the old AA, not the boxer wannabe. AA will make noise in the HW class once again.

If Rogers wins, definetly the UFC will aim to get him. If he does not, i don't see them willing to pay anything more that would be in Strikeforce range. That is money though, that is not really what im talking about though, i'm talking about the UFC actually pursuing Rogers if all he did was land one punch and than look completley inferior the rest of the way. I don't think they would unless they felt the CBS exposure made Rogers a name worth pursuing and thought he would add to their division, plus taking him away from SF..but i doubt they would overpay just to get the loser of the CBS main event.

Lastly, i don't think this is Brett Rogers last fight in SF. He's just been saying he wants more money since beating AA. I have not heard or read anything saying this is Rogers last SF fight because he's also been talking about fighting Overeem in SF.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:11 pm

HMC Can't get down to 265 lbs! Are you kidding me? Arlovski is damaged goods. I don't think Grim gets into the UFC with one lucky punch, but if he gives Fedor a good fight? Then you sign the guy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:21 pm

HMC Can't get down to 265 lbs! Are you kidding me? Arlovski is damaged goods. I don't think Grim gets into the UFC with one lucky punch, but if he gives Fedor a good fight? Then you sign the guy.

If AA is damaged goods. How come Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson are in the UFC? AA knocked those clowns out, and Buentello? That is no reason at all unless you think losing to Fedor makes you damaged goods. I know you hate Fedor for whatever reason but i hope you arent denying his status as an elite fighter thats going to beat a lot of top guys convincingly.

Tim Sylvia is damaged goods, only AFTER Fedor though. As he looked good against Nogueira. AA is not.

If you don't think Rogers would be signed over a punch but if he gives Fedor a good fight, and i mean landing more than once punch, stuffing some takedowns, or at the most win a round. Then we are in agreement.

I'm out for now, if you leave a message i'll respond later.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm

I have always kept Fedor at the top of the men's HW division and have him in my top 5 for P4P. I am unimpressed with his opponents as of late, but that mean I don't think he is the best HW around. However, he has fought a lot of former champions and won, but I am not of the opinion he would easily handle Brock. I think he would find himself in a place he might not be able to snag a win out of.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:40 am

Couple points I would like to counter.

1)With or without a decent showing vs Fedor, grim is a very dangerous fighter, and vs Mir I think a Rogers KO is as likely as a Mir sub(though I'd like Nog's chances a bit better).

2)Why is it that if Rogers rocks Fedor that it will come by way of a lucky punch? The dude

3)If Rogers fought AA again I'd expect a similar result, perhaps not as early, but sooner or later he'd land a shot and end it. AA always seems to be trying to reinvent himself, where he is either more aggressive, or a better boxer, or now back to his MMA roots. At some point we all have to admit that for all his skills that he is not a true top level guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grim's contract.....   Grim's contract..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Grim's contract.....
Page 1 of 1