Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:54 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/4/28/2138988/strikeforce-womens-145-pound-champion-cristiane-santos-is-99-set-for
Strikeforce women's 145-pound champion Cristiane Santos is "99-percent set" for a fight on Aug. 6 in Santa Catarina. But it won't be for Strikeforce, as Tatame reports that "Cyborg" is still without a contract and "tired of waiting." An opponent for the late summer match-up has yet to be named.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 am

this worries me a bit, is SF(zuffa) trying to get rid of their womens mma? im kinda shocked that she still has no contract with em Suspect
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:12 am

killerofchicken wrote:
this worries me a bit, is SF(zuffa) trying to get rid of their womens mma? im kinda shocked that she still has no contract with em Suspect

If they do, I hope Bellator or DREAM picks them up. Would be a shame though. I was worried that the merger might have a negative effect on woman's MMA. But I was bashed for my not having 100% faith in Zuffa Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:13 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

If they do, I hope Bellator or DREAM picks them up. Would be a shame though. I was worried that the merger might have a negative effect on woman's MMA. But I was bashed for my not having 100% faith in Zuffa Rolling Eyes

I'm sure bellator would scoop them right up
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:00 pm

She was having contract issues well before the Zuffa buyout. There's no one for her to fight anyway. Who cares. Bring her back if Gina wins another fight or two. That's all that would bring any interest
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Find someone for her to beat on. She needs the paycheck and woman's mma needs her.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:08 pm

AManda Nunes will throw down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Fuck, let her fight one of the guys on his way out if he loses, either win the fight against Cyborg or go, could make for some interesting fights.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Nunes is there and I must have missed something but Erin Toughill was already lined up I thought...?

EDIT : I see she dropped a decision in April.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:27 am

worse..Toughill dropped a decision to a 1-2 fighter...and weight wise, last i saw Toughill she seemed closer to making weight for a bout with Josh Koscheck before one with Cris Cyborg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)   Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg set to fight in Aug, but not with SF(still no contract)
Page 1 of 1