Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce

Go down 
+3
MMAEYES
OU
killerofchicken
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 am

NEW YORK (Sept. 13, 2010) – Two-time champion and top world-ranked heavyweight superstar Josh "The Babyfaced Assassin" Barnett has signed a multi-fight agreement to compete for world championship Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) promotion STRIKEFORCE.

"STRIKEFORCE is the home of the best heavyweight division in the world and I’m proud to be able to call it my home now," said the 32-year-old Barnett (29-5), an expert in catch wrestling who hails from Seattle, Wash. "I’m looking forward to competing amongst the greatest fighters in the world and fighting my way to another world title."

The 6-foot-3, 255-pound Barnett became the youngest UFC champion in history at age 24 when he scored a second-round TKO (4:35) on MMA legend Randy "The Natural" Couture in Las Vegas, Nev., on March 22, 2002. In his sixth career fight, Barnett submitted wrestling and MMA legend Dan "The Beast" Severn with an armbar in the fourth round (1:21) in Hawaii.

In addition to his achievements in America, Barnett has spent a good portion of his career competing in top tier promotions overseas, including the now defunct PRIDE Fighting Championships in Japan where he notched memorable victories over the likes of Aleksander Emelianenko, Mark Hunt and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

On Oct. 21, 2006, Barnett took part in PRIDE’s first event on U.S. soil, submitting Pawel Nastula with a toe hold in the second round (3:04) at Las Vegas’s Thomas & Mack Center.

In 2008, Barnett competed in another Japanese promotion, Sengoku. After submitting (heel hook) Hidehiko Yoshida in Tokyo on March 5, 2008, Barnett returned to action on May 18, 2008, and earned a unanimous decision over top-ranked rival and fellow American Jeff "The Snowman" Monson.

Barnett signed an agreement to compete in Japan’s DREAM promotion earlier this year. Last March 22, he made his debut with the organization, submitting former K-1 tournament champion and devastating power puncher, "Mighty Mo" Siligia, with a kimura at 4:41 of the first round.

On July 10, Barnett followed up the strong showing with a first-round TKO (punches) over Geronimo dos Santos in the main event of a fight card in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/9/13/1685521/josh-barnett-signs-multi-fight
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 am

about time, lets hope he can pass a test for once!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:10 am

About fucking time. Fight Fedor!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:17 am

I hope he passes the piss tests
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:21 am

Just let Werdum and Reem fight whenever the hell they feel like it and give Josh to Fedor. Give Bigfoot Del Rosario or something.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:06 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
NEW YORK (Sept. 13, 2010) – Two-time champion and top world-ranked heavyweight superstar Josh "The Babyfaced Assassin" Barnett has signed a multi-fight agreement to compete for world championship Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) promotion STRIKEFORCE.

"STRIKEFORCE is the home of the best heavyweight division in the world and I’m proud to be able to call it my home now," said the 32-year-old Barnett (29-5), an expert in catch wrestling who hails from Seattle, Wash. "I’m looking forward to competing amongst the greatest fighters in the world and fighting my way to another world title."

lol!

Josh needs to be tested for other drugs other than steroids. He would get killed by the top 4 of the UFC and probably wouldn't do well against the next 4.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Stop that Andrew, while everyone hates the man's guts for what happened with Affliction, Barnett has the skillset required to beat everyone in the UFC besides Dos Santos easily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Stop that Andrew, while everyone hates the man's guts for what happened with Affliction, Barnett has the skillset required to beat everyone in the UFC besides Dos Santos easily.

better to ignore and move on. That conversation is getting old.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:27 pm

My vote goes like this:
Werdum vs Reem
Fedor vs Barnett
Bigfoot vs Del Rosario

I like that....I like that alot.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:27 pm

No, no, we haven't discussed Barnett vs wrestlers with a third of his skillset.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Lavar Johnson vs Daniel Cormier
Andrei Arlovski vs Brett Rogers II
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:29 pm

and you better believe the winner of Ricco/Herman is in the mix.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
and you better believe the winner of Ricco/Herman is in the mix.

Hell yea. Personally I like Del Rosario at the moment better then Johnson and Cormier. You have plenty of interesting matchups right now for SF. I wouldn't mind having the winner of Ricco/Herman fight winner Del Rosario/Bigfoot. The winner of that little mini tourny would be able to get cracks at the big dogs like winner of Werdum/Reem or Fedor/Barnett.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
No, no, we haven't discussed Barnett vs wrestlers with a third of his skillset.

It's all the same to Drew. (Insert non UFC HW here) vs (Insert UFC HW here) always play out the same.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Ricco I know didn't sign a major deal with Bellator as he sees them as a stepping stone back to the UFC or to Strikeforce, as a HW looking for competition and cash he has two real options, but Herman now that I think about it is probably enslaved to Bellator.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ricco I know didn't sign a major deal with Bellator as he sees them as a stepping stone back to the UFC or to Strikeforce, as a HW looking for competition and cash he has two real options, but Herman now that I think about it is probably enslaved to Bellator.

Yeah he had that lawsuit with Bellator but since he is fighting now you assume that is all smoothed out. I imagine he is locked in for atleast a couple fights.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:30 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Yeah he had that lawsuit with Bellator but since he is fighting now you assume that is all smoothed out. I imagine he is locked in for atleast a couple fights.

I thought it was a 4 fight deal, with the Ricco fight being the 1st.

One wonders how smooth things really can be when only recently there were lawsuits being thrown around.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

lol!

Josh needs to be tested for other drugs other than steroids.
He would get killed by the top 4 of the UFC and probably wouldn't do well against the next 4.

As do Brock and Carwin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Finally.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 am

Cap, I was meaning in the sense he is fucking high if he thinks SF has the best HW Division. Sooner & Wolfy, the old Pride Fanboys praying for the good old days to return, therefore must dismiss the best promotion in the history of MMA. I know, I know. You are so much smarter than everybody here, some of us don't appreciate all the efforts you personally sacrificed 5 years ago. You remember when you were still growing pubes, stealing Mom's credit card to watch fights from Japan, while you skipped school and smoked pot. Life was so tough back then for you and your dedication, however did you survive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:38 am

Alistair Overeem vs Fabricio Werdum
Fedor Emelianenko vs Antonio Silva
Josh Barnett vs Andrei Arlovski
Brett Rogers vs Shane Del Rosario
Lavar Johnson vs Daniel Cormier
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:25 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Cap, I was meaning in the sense he is fucking high if he thinks SF has the best HW Division. Sooner & Wolfy, the old Pride Fanboys praying for the good old days to return, therefore must dismiss the best promotion in the history of MMA. I know, I know. You are so much smarter than everybody here, some of us don't appreciate all the efforts you personally sacrificed 5 years ago. You remember when you were still growing pubes, stealing Mom's credit card to watch fights from Japan, while you skipped school and smoked pot. Life was so tough back then for you and your dedication, however did you survive?

1. You are scum who has a computer chair that smells of asshole.

2. I didn't like MMA in highschool, and have stolen every fight I ever watched until sometime last year when I compulsively started buying UFC PPVs. (Brilliant, Dana, brilliant)I did smoke pot and cut class though, got me there.

3. Nobody in the UFC has really fought anybody yet. Everyone is still pretty unproven and new in the game. Strikeforce has plenty of prospects too. LHW is dominated by wrestler prospects and Pride fighters as well(and ya, Machida fought in Japan for everyone but Pride unfortunately). Fedor and Barnett have not shown the signs of decline Crocop and Big Nog have. You can't say CC only looks bad because he fought UFC fighters, he also looked like dick being tossed around by Alistair Overeem, the HW champion of Strikeforce. Goes both ways. You can't say Big Nog only lost because he fought UFC fighters because that would be stupid beyond even your talents in idiot-black-magic.

The fact is Strikeforce has a comparable talent pool and under no grading system for fighters holds a significant talent advantage. Unless all you care about is the initials, which in this case is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:57 am

Wolf has a new challenger. Andrew has stepped up. Ninja or Golbez need to make this fight happen soon.

Wolf vs Andrew tongue

Let's get it on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 am

Quote :
1. You are scum who has a computer chair that smells of asshole.

Such animosity Wolfie.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:19 am

Wolf has already TKO'd andrew once on TUF, once as amatuers, once in the UFC and once at XMMA Thug-throwdown 12.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next