Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
captain organic
OU
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? Empty
PostSubject: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm

It was mentioned on here and I see it on most MMA sites right now. Both men have been viewed as overrated over the years. If Brock loses he will be 34 years old, loaded and not worthy of top 10 consideration. Reem hasn't been the most active fighter(MMA fights) over the recent years and his ranking would also plummet if he loses. The loser looks to be in a very bad situation.
Here is one of the articles on this subject.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/29/2667291/ufc-141-the-existential-crisis-that-awaits-the-loser-of-brock-lesnar

http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/12/29/2668259/ufc-141-brock-lesnar-vs-alistair-overeem-mma-news
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Interesting theory out there. Brock is on the end of the year show, which typically draws in nice #s. So he is getting 1 last pay day and at the same time being used as a spring board to introduce Reem to the American public. Brock talks a good game and can sell a fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:58 pm

either guy is still a name and at worst will still be top 20.

Everybody looks shaky after a loss. And winner will be a pretty universal top 3. So I won't put too much weight into a loss from either guy.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Winner becomes #3 I can go for that. Loser falls hard, maybe harder than they really should. It will depend on how the fight goes. I think it will actually be pretty disappointing for many, a quick one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Winner becomes #3 I can go for that. Loser falls hard, maybe harder than they really should. It will depend on how the fight goes. I think it will actually be pretty disappointing for many, a quick one.

Im much hoping for a quick fight. Little interest in seeing a gassed reem getting put on his back.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:07 pm

I think it will be quicker than JDS vs Cain but not as out of nowhere sudden
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think it will be quicker than JDS vs Cain but not as out of nowhere sudden

I have to assume u expect a quick KO from Reem. I can see Brock pummelling Reem, but that prob takes a bit longer then one minute.

And I'd be cool with a quick Reem KO. Def not a dissapointing ending.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Either guy that loses would still be a top 10 guy based off who can beat who. Brock loses but Mir is top 10 all of a sudden? Eff that. Brock or Reem losing is still in my top 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:59 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Either guy that loses would still be a top 10 guy based off who can beat who. Brock loses but Mir is top 10 all of a sudden? Eff that. Brock or Reem losing is still in my top 10.

+1
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Not sure if Brock would keep fighting
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Dana would make him an offer he couldn't refuse, or try to I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:06 am

I dunno, loser of 2 straight, 18 months since his last win(a fight in which he was getting blasted), a total of 5 wins on his ledger? I know heavy is still getting sorted out, but there does need to be some level of accomplishment to earn a top 10, no?

And if he goes in there and gets dropped quick?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:57 am

I don't know...UFC has given Michael Vick permission to handle the losers anyway he see's fit.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm

like others have said based on who can beat who either one who loses should still be in the top ten. Werdm n mir are in most top ten and those have loses to tonights fighters. Yes the loses wer a while back but neither would be able to avenge their loses. Loser falls to the bottom top ten, 7 or 8. No biggie. Given the right fights they can climb back up. In the end both would lose to cain,jds n probably cormier but would so have a chance against the rest
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:44 pm

captain organic wrote:

I dunno, loser of 2 straight, 18 months since his last win(a fight in which he was getting blasted), a total of 5 wins on his ledger? I know heavy is still getting sorted out, but there does need to be some level of accomplishment to earn a top 10, no?

And if he goes in there and gets dropped quick?

Exactly! I'm glad you smelled what I was cookin there Cap. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:37 am

I genuinely thought if Brock lost he might be tempted to hang them up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:01 am

OU wrote:
Interesting theory out there. Brock is on the end of the year show, which typically draws in nice #s. So he is getting 1 last pay day and at the same time being used as a spring board to introduce Reem to the American public. Brock talks a good game and can sell a fight.
What ya think now? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Lesnar losses. I would drop him to around 20 at HW if he was still fighting. Mid to lower level of the dudes they got at Zuffa today.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:06 pm

so brock says if he had won he would of went for the belt and then would of retired. If your not in it to defend that belt for while GTFO. Props to him for doing pretty good on only a few years training but come on man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:32 pm

I wonder if Brock would even be capable of beating the likes of Kongo now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 pm

Ali wrote:

LMAO!!!!! Come on man. He lost to Overeem not Kimbo Slice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:36 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ali wrote:

LMAO!!!!! Come on man. He lost to Overeem not Kimbo Slice.

He just wilts way too easily for a guy that size.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:28 pm

GDP,OU, Wolf- team told u so. He was what we thought he was.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:01 pm

OU wrote:

I think it's pretty clear that Brock was overhyped, but last night at least we need to factor in that Brock was fighting with one foot in the cage, and one foot in retirement.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:48 am

OU wrote:

He was never the same after surgery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?   What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happens to Lesnar-Reem loser?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next