Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What does this board think of Nate Diaz?

Go down 
+13
GDPofDRC
MMAEYES
jimbojones1950
cheekynffc
Andrew the Raider King
OU
KingsOwn19
timthebim
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
Ludo
Cu Bu
Mister Real
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mister Real
White Belt
White Belt
Mister Real

What does this board think of Nate Diaz? Empty
PostSubject: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:03 am

Cameldog has mixed opinions on Diaz Jr, I am a fan of his Jits but i am starting to dislike him even more and more every time.

I thought he would have learned his lesson after he talked shit to Rory Macdonald, But obviously 3-4 slams on his head and back has not knocked him out of his Stockton gangster shit talk attitude.

Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 am

they is what they is

i like watching them fight dont like hearing them attempt to speak
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 am

I don't dislike either Diaz as a fighter. As people there is clearly something not quite right about either of them, though Nate is much more normal than his brother as far as things go. I've heard from several people who have grappled with him that he's a real decent human being and the whole thing is an act to get himself pumped up, which is fine to Me really. It's not much different than BJ talking shit about opponents to get some shit worth getting fired up about going or Wanderlei pushing people at weigh ins. Some guys just need to make an enemy out of an opponent to have a reason to train as hard as possible.

It's not like Cerrone is all GSP and doesn't ever get in someone's face either.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:27 am

Avg at best. D bag overall. Will never contend. Puts on good fights though.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:34 am

Great, talented fighters... Mucho loco?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:10 am

Very entertaining. Never in a bad fight. Acts like he is 10 years old sometimes. Cant miss fighter though. Everytime he fights Im pumped to see him.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:52 am

I think he has a lot of upside. He has all the physical attributes of his brother such as length and cardio but does not have the skills yet to be on the same level. His BJJ is not on the level of Nick's nor is his boxing...so he's pretty much a poor mans Nick Diaz at this point with less experience but close to the same age and seems to be trying to hard to be like his big brother.

This Friday, I think people are selling Nate short and overhyping Cerrone a bit. Cerrone has exceeded my expectations since moving over to the UFC and i've been impressed...but reading how people talk about this Cerrone-Diaz fight has left me with that impression. Cerrone is riding the wave of a win streak over lesser fighters than Nate Diaz and the fact that most people don't like Nate Diaz. In reality..as in looking at the matchup, Cerrone does not have better BJJ than Nate..it's the opposite, he's not stronger than Nate, he does not have a conditioning or durability edge though i consider that a wash though Nate will be much harder to finish by KO or submission(i don't see Cowboy accomplishing neither, while i can see Nate subbing him), nor is he so great of a striker that Nate can't have success against him..though i do give Cerrone the edge in that department because he's more versatile with strikes...but this is a pretty evenly matched fight and i won't be all that shocked if Nate beats the shit out of Cerrone. I do think Nate coud beat Cerrone 3 different ways while Cerrone can only win by decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 am

He'll never be champ but he's an entertaining talented fighter. He'll always have a job in the UFC but if he ever wants to get further up the standings he needs to stop being his brothers shadow and be his own man.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:29 am

He was robbed vs Maynard, the only reason people don't say so it because they don't like him.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:09 am

OU wrote:
He was robbed vs Maynard, the only reason people don't say so it because they don't like him.

No its because he didn't win.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:11 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

No its because he didn't win.
Yeah sure it is. It was a BS dec.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:36 am

Nate Diaz sounds like an uneducated idiot and acts like a bully. Good fighter? Sure. Good person? Serious doubts. Picking him to win? Not this week.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 am

i never rated him particularly but he looked outstanding against gomi in his last fight.

this should be a very entertaining fight and that's all we have a right to ask the fighters for. i couldn't give a single, solitary fuck if he's a good christian or not.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 am

Gee, Cheeky, I don't think anyone mentioned hs religous/spiritual choices being discussed? What if he was a good Muslim or Hindu? Would that make a difference to you?
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:30 am

I think Nate is a very talented fighter, just like his brother. I don't get too much into the hyping of fights because for the most part, these things are acts that are supposed to get you to either love the guy or hate the guy (either way, you're spending money to see him). With that said, I agree with Kings in that he is like a poor man's Nick Diaz. I don't think he'll ever be a champion, but at the same time, I dont think I'll ever purposefully not watch a Nate Diaz fight...guy comes to scrap every time.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:43 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Gee, Cheeky, I don't think anyone mentioned hs religous/spiritual choices being discussed? What if he was a good Muslim or Hindu? Would that make a difference to you?

it wouldn't matter if he was a hindu or a muslim no,

i didn't mean it literally, people were talking about what a dick he is but i don't have much interest in that. i shall phrase it differently next time.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 am

<< This guy is pro-Diaz brother Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:43 pm

Who is Nate Diaz?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:36 pm

pretty much what everyone else said. Good entertainin fighter but dbag just like his bro. Unlike his bro though he hasnt earnd the right to talk highly of himself and no, he didnt beat gray. If anything gray fought dumb and decided to trade rather than make it a safe boring fight n ground diaz. Nate has improved lot since the tuf finale,a fight he would of lost had manny not injured himself, but just like his bro, his biggest weakness will be against a strog wrestler with good sub defense. For that im not counting him out against cerrone. I hope donald whoops the prick but wouldnt count nate out
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:41 pm

What does this board think of Nate Diaz? Umad-meme-generator-u-mad-bro-u-mad-319409.jpg?1311533660
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:20 pm

OU wrote:
What does this board think of Nate Diaz? Umad-meme-generator-u-mad-bro-u-mad-319409.jpg?1311533660

lol!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 pm

I don't shake hands with guys in my weight class I might have to fight one day. Derp
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Being from pretty much the same region, I know many people who know, have trained with, competed against in BJJ, or hung out with the Diaz brothers and they all say that Nate is actually not like Nick at all. He is a lot more friendly and the whole thing we see is pretty much a front to be more like Nick who according to the same people is every bit the trash talking punk we see at events. My instructer split two matches back in the day with Nick Diaz and he says he does pretty much the same shit but is pretty cool guy after the match or after speaking with him for a minute. Not to call Nate a poser, but his attitude for his fights is much different than his attitude in regards to most everything else. Which is cool..while Nick Diaz is Nick Diaz. I never met them personally, though i saw them both at a Sushi shop in Sacramento a year or two ago after one of Faber's fights.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:14 am

If the guy puts on entertaining fights, and isn't a child molester/rapist/murderer then Im a fan.

Nate fits the bill.

Still only 26 too, so I think people drawing the conclusion that he will never vie for the title are writing him off much too early.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:15 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I think he has a lot of upside. He has all the physical attributes of his brother such as length and cardio but does not have the skills yet to be on the same level. His BJJ is not on the level of Nick's nor is his boxing...so he's pretty much a poor mans Nick Diaz at this point with less experience but close to the same age and seems to be trying to hard to be like his big brother.

This Friday, I think people are selling Nate short and overhyping Cerrone a bit. Cerrone has exceeded my expectations since moving over to the UFC and i've been impressed...but reading how people talk about this Cerrone-Diaz fight has left me with that impression. Cerrone is riding the wave of a win streak over lesser fighters than Nate Diaz and the fact that most people don't like Nate Diaz. In reality..as in looking at the matchup, Cerrone does not have better BJJ than Nate..it's the opposite, he's not stronger than Nate, he does not have a conditioning or durability edge though i consider that a wash though Nate will be much harder to finish by KO or submission(i don't see Cowboy accomplishing neither, while i can see Nate subbing him), nor is he so great of a striker that Nate can't have success against him..though i do give Cerrone the edge in that department because he's more versatile with strikes...but this is a pretty evenly matched fight and i won't be all that shocked if Nate beats the shit out of Cerrone. I do think Nate coud beat Cerrone 3 different ways while Cerrone can only win by decision.

+1

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does this board think of Nate Diaz?   What does this board think of Nate Diaz? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does this board think of Nate Diaz?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next