Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:03 am

Maybe if Gilbert ever worried about making smart moves for his own team instead of trolling LeBron and being butthurt about having to run a Cleveland sports franchise they would be better
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:19 am

Perhaps...

..but he's right..The trade was overly lopsided. It saves the Lakers an assload of money, it gives them the best player in the trade by far, and keeps them in the running for Dwight Howard. That is extremely rare...so rare it's never happened before.

When does Stern ever nix trades, especially ones that drastically improve large market teams? Close to nver. When has their ever been a trade that brought an established contender the best PG in the league, saves them up to 40 milli, and keeps them in the running to get arguably the best center in the league. Never.

So, while i'm surprised Stern actually nixed a trade for the large market favorites..all signs pointed to him having no choice but to blow the dust off his veto card. I applaud him for doing so...he's still a scum bag but he did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 am

Sources say Howard asking for a trade to the Nets and Paul considering suing the NBA for denying the trade
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:45 am

I hope Paul does try to sue the NBA. I can use the lolz leading up to the season.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:10 am

this is gonna suck for the hornets, they will NEVER get anything close to a deal as good as this! and most likely wont get anything in return because Paul will leave VIA free agency. No way he's getting traded now, it would look like the NBA is rigging the whole system!

and another thought... this should have been stopped LONG before it was announced, the league KNEW they were having the discussions and should have ended it right away.

Quote :
How do the Lakers explain this to Odom? How does Houston deal with the guys it just tried to trade? Scola and Martin are going to be pissed at them, and who knows how long that takes to get over?

Quote :
“I mean, come on: Chris Paul is leaving New Orleans in 66 games. He’s gone. And what’s Dell Demps, and that franchise, going to have to show for it?”

NO GM Dell Demps had to be talked out of resigning

Quote :
Hornets general manager Dell Demps is “disconsolate” over the heavy-handed move from the commissioner’s office, a source told Y! Sports. Demps considered resigning his job on Thursday, league sources said, and had to be talked out of it
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:15 am

Yep..they are all against the Lakers and ruining CP's dreams of playing in a big market!

This is what you get when you try to get together to try to make the Lakers stronger not only on the court but finacially for future FA as well. You get unhappy players back because this trade had no business going through. I agree they should have nixed it when they heard it was being discussed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:34 am

I actually think this is a bad trade for the Lakers. They will be stuck with only Bynum as a big if they can't get Howard. I hope the NBA let's the trade go through.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:09 am

I'm a huge CP3 fan since the first NBA games I got to see were when the Hornets were in OKC. Love his passion, hate the Lakers. I hope he ends up in NY where he really wants to be.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:58 am

Even notorious Lakers hater Bill Simmons wrote a huge article talking about how big of a joke this is and will go down as the biggest black eye of Stern's career
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:00 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Even notorious Lakers hater Bill Simmons wrote a huge article talking about how big of a joke this is and will go down as the biggest black eye of Stern's career
mind linking it to me?

Stern is seriously a fuck head, but we all knew that before this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:00 am

I hate the Lakers more then any other sports team except maybe the Yankees. So fuck fairness, I hope this doesn't go through. Besides Paul would prefer NY over LA where his friends are.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:02 am

OU wrote:
I hate the Lakers more then any other sports team except maybe the Yankees. So fuck fairness, I hope this doesn't go through. Besides Paul would prefer NY over LA where his friends are.
i think this is good for LA, i mean we were seriously giving up too much IMO. we are feared for 2 things, Kobe and our front line of Pau/Odom/Bynum
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
i think this is good for LA, i mean we were seriously giving up too much IMO. we are feared for 2 things, Kobe and our front line of Pau/Odom/Bynum
Pau is great right now but CP3 has more peak years left. The Lakers would have found some suitable big men, not on the same level but with CP3 you don't have to. CP3 to LA is a nightmare for me as a Laker hater. His passion and hatred for losing alone is enough to lift the Lakers to a new level.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:13 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Luis Scola
Quote :
I´m on my way to the Toyota Center, this is going to be fun. The good thing is that the TC it´s on the way to the airport, just in case...

Pau Gasol
Quote :
Good night everyone! It's been a crazy day but as always I'm going to be & stay positive. Thanks everyone for your appreciation and support.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:50 pm

The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 7qko65
The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 AgMMo2uCMAE-W7N
The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 7qm2nu
The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 Kgwutftj:tw1
The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 7qks8m
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:53 pm

lol!

bahaaha, my bags were packed!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Featured NBA poll
How does blocking the Chris Paul trade affect the NBA's credibility?

• Enhances NBA's credibility
  • Diminishes NBA's credibility a little
  • Diminishes NBA's credibility a lot
  • Doesn't affect NBA's credibility
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 pm

diminishes A LOT!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 pm

stern just shot the NBA in the foot!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Quote :
: Pau Gasol is at training camp, Lamar Odom is not. Also, Lakers do not plan to take legal action against the league.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Even if it was wrong...fuck the lakers. Now they know what it's like to be screwed by the league like the Kings were in favor of the Lakers in 2002.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Even if it was wrong...fuck the lakers. Now they know what it's like to be screwed by the league like the Kings were in favor of the Lakers in 2002.
lol... bitter bitter man

you should be a king james fan like me... you'd never be disappointed... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?   The NBA making sure the Lakers win again? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The NBA making sure the Lakers win again?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next