Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayhem will beat Bisping

Go down 
+7
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
cascade_run
captain organic
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
OU
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhem will beat Bisping   Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:38 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
it's hilarious watching otherwise knowledgeable people completely lose the plot when it comes to fighters they love or hate too much.

i'm not a huge bisping fan even coming from the UK but american fans seem to pointblank refuse to acknowledge he's a very, very good fighter in spite of overwhelming evidence Laughing

I wouldn't say he's a very very good fighter. He's mediocre, barely top 10 in a weak division, and has been given a specific type of opponent for a long time now to ensure he keeps winning most of the time. Grapplers with average takedowns and or average striking but not a whole lot of knockout power. I'm not going to take anything away from Bisping tonight since I won money on him but I have to believe if Mayhem's tank hadn't gone down to E after the first round, where he didn't have to do a whole lot as opposed to his usual pace, he may have won the fight. If he could have gotten a takedown once a round and held Bisping long enough to pass like he did the first time away from the cage it would have been a bad night for Michael.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem will beat Bisping   Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:34 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
it's hilarious watching otherwise knowledgeable people completely lose the plot when it comes to fighters they love or hate too much.

i'm not a huge bisping fan even coming from the UK but american fans seem to pointblank refuse to acknowledge he's a very, very good fighter in spite of overwhelming evidence Laughing

He's very very good?

Who has he beat again? Miller, Riveria, Leben, & more fighters that level. He couldn't even beat a way past his prime Wand. He was completely outclassed when he fought someone ranked in the top 10, Hendo.

Beat Sonnen, Munoz, Belfort, or something like that and someone will take notice.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem will beat Bisping   Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

He's very very good?

Who has he beat again? Miller, Riveria, Leben, & more fighters that level. He couldn't even beat a way past his prime Wand. He was completely outclassed when he fought someone ranked in the top 10, Hendo.

Beat Sonnen, Munoz, Belfort, or something like that and someone will take notice.

was he completely outclassed in the henderson fight?

or did he just get sparked out by a solitary bomb?

should be sonnen, munoz or belfort next so we won't have to wait all that long.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem will beat Bisping   Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:03 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

He's very very good?

was he completely outclassed in the henderson fight?

or did he just get sparked out by a solitary bomb?

should be sonnen, munoz or belfort next so we won't have to wait all that long.

As I remember he was getting ragdolled in the clinch pretty frequently prior to the bomb.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem will beat Bisping   Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:32 am

Still not going to give Bisping credit. It wasn't that he looked so impressive, it was that Miller looked so shitty. Dana has every right to question Miller's future in the UFC. I agree with him it was one of the worst performances I have seen in the octagon. Miller seems to be little more then a personality at this point.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem will beat Bisping   Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem will beat Bisping   Mayhem will beat Bisping - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayhem will beat Bisping
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2