Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with.... Empty
PostSubject: The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....   The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with.... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:01 pm

http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/11/11/exclusive-penn-breaks-his-silence-addresses-diaz-fight-retirement-talk-cesar%e2%80%99s-offer-and-more-7807.html

BJ Penn is my favorite fighter of all time, but we're all human, and I'm sorry to say but I don't like how BJ answered some of these questions

BJ: “There was definitely room for strength and conditioning type of improvement in it. We did tons of running but we kind of over reached ourselves a little bit so we had to do some extra recovery. If that hadn’t of happened we could have done some strength and conditioning but those are things that happened and that’s part of the game and you have to go in there with the best that you’ve got."

Translation- Half way into training I thought "hey it's me I can just take a long break and still have enough gas to go five rounds right" Rolling Eyes

BJ: "As far as the fight itself, I think Nick and Cesar had a good gameplan, they used the typical big man push you against the fence and tire you out gameplan. That kind of threw me for a surprise because I saw one of his interviews and he had said he was going to really fight me and I thought we were going to go out there and trade Jiu Jitsu techniques and boxing techniques but a portion of the first and second rounds we were stuck on the fence trying to get away from him. People said he was grabbing the fence or whatever but who cares no biggie, I was just surprised we were stuck on the fence at all. He wanted to use his weight on a guy who is 20 pounds smaller I guess. Hats off to him though, he is a good fighter and he took the decision."

OK that paragraph is just embarrassing

1. Nick did fight you and he beat you standing, maybe it was because you gassed but don't pretend that him putting you on the cage for what little time they did spend on the cage is the reason you gassed you gassed cause you didn't commit yourself to having cardio for this fight.

2.Nick puts eveybody he fights on the cage BJ I thought you said you loved watching his fights?

3.Nick beat you at your style of fighting, I want to believe that you would have won with cardio but that remains to be seen.

I feel like BJ should've waited longer before doing any interviews cause the loss obviously still hurts, also can't expect BJ to be all buddy buddy with a guy who was all in his trainers face at the end of their fight for no damn reason, even though imo Nick was just amped that he won and in his haste to call GSP a bitch BJ's crew were victim to his overhypedness but I still don't like how my favorite fighter answered some of these questions.

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....   The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with.... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:30 pm

gotta agree all the way around. Hope bj comes back at 155 and gives a randy type of come back.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....   The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with.... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:31 pm

i'll pretend this interview never happened
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....   The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with.... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Same old BJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....   The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with.... EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:30 am

That's why I've never been a fan of his. Always the same excuses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....   The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The first BJ Penn interview that I'm not happy with....
Page 1 of 1