Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sour grapes for Marquardt...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Sour grapes for Marquardt... Empty
PostSubject: Sour grapes for Marquardt...   Sour grapes for Marquardt... EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:12 am

I guess he's bummed about being left out of the MW title picture and that Vitor leap frogged him. He says it doesn't make sense.

Vitor knocked off to MW legends in Matt Lindland and Rich Franklin -- Marquardt doesn't have those kinds of high profile wins. He obviously ahs a good argument, but not when you factor in the reality that he was OWNED by Anderson the first time. I don't want to waste Anderson's limited fighting career doing rematches, especially with ones that weren't interesting the first time. Let Hendo fight Marquardt, and only one of them gets the rematch is the best way to go about this.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Sour grapes for Marquardt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour grapes for Marquardt...   Sour grapes for Marquardt... EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 pm

I think Vitor deserves his shot. Vitor is riding a 5 fight win streak and his recent wins are more relevant than Marquardt and Hendo to tell you the truth. I hold Matt Lindland in higher regard than Maia and Bisping, and Belfort's knockout on Franklin left little doubt while some still believe Franklin won his fight with Hendo, i'm not one of them.

Marquardt thinks because his last few wins came under the UFC banner that he is more worthy of a shot but that's just not the case. Vitor has fought better comp recently, has not lost since 2006 and is a fresh opponent for Anderson Silva while folks already saw Nate The Great get obliterated by Silva. Right guy getting the shot here. You got to strike iron when its hot.

On the plus side for Marqaurdt. It's possible he won't have to fight and beat Hendo to secure a title shot.
Back to top Go down

Sour grapes for Marquardt...
Page 1 of 1