Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Go down 
+2
OU
killerofchicken
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes Empty
PostSubject: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:56 am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/movies/james-francos-character-was-meant-to-die-in-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-prequel/story-e6frexli-1226158478415

JAMES Franco's Rise of the Planet of the Apes character was supposed to have been killed off, it has been revealed.

The actor took on the role of Will, a scientist who unexpectedly mutates a gene in laboratory apes when trying to find a cure for Alzheimer's. Studio Fox's last-minute decision to save the character led to reshoots which extended the movie's post-production schedule.

Franco had filmed a death scene for Will, says The Hollywood Reporter. Fox's president of post-production Ted Gagliano said: "We shot [the alternate ending] for three hours and [Franco] was back on the plane."

The sequence saw Will get caught in the crossfire between Andy Serkis's leader of the apes Caesar and the military. However, the studio decided against the ending and flew Franco from North Carolina to California to instead shoot another final scene with Caesar.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt recently hinted at possible sequel ideas.

Wyatt suggested that an update to the reboot could be set eight years in the future, with young apes and humans going into battle with each

Last edited by freakzilla on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 am

Are you glad he survived or should he have been killed off?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:00 am

i didn't even see the movie, now u ruined it u darn aussie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 am

Someone watched this?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

This was a good movie, if you're someone, you saw it. I thought it was all set up for Franco to die really, was surprised when he did not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 am

It was an excellent movie. I thought he was going to die and was surprised they didn't kill him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:16 am

never crossed my mind to give it a look
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:18 am

OU wrote:
never crossed my mind to give it a look

It surprised me big time. Much much better than I thought it would be. Trust me you'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Really, it is kind of fucked up that any suspense built around the possible death of the main character was ruined in the thread title...for i have not seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes...

if the rep system was still in place...you would be negged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:07 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Really, it is kind of fucked up that any suspense built around the possible death of the main character was ruined in the thread title...for i have not seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes...

if the rep system was still in place...you would be negged.

I apologize. It wont ruin the movie though anyway.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm

u didnt ruin it for real. That was the best movie this year imo. It was a totally different story then what I expected. I never saw the preview to it and im kinda happy now after seeing it. You should make it your next watch OU. When the ape has sex with his dad it kinda got weird but I just blocked it out. Shit I might've ruined it now, but I know u would like that OU... so carry on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:09 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
u didnt ruin it for real. That was the best movie this year imo. It was a totally different story then what I expected. I never saw the preview to it and im kinda happy now after seeing it. You should make it your next watch OU. When the ape has sex with his dad it kinda got weird but I just blocked it out. Shit I might've ruined it now, but I know u would like that OU... so carry on.

I agree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:10 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 am

Now you got me all hot and bothered. Please tell me it was a simultaneous climax?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:06 am

Erm Freak I suggest you change the title, not a huge spoiler by any chance but I little common courtesy goes a long way.

Great movie, the ending was touching.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:44 pm

OU wrote:
Now you got me all hot and bothered. Please tell me it was a simultaneous climax?

well....yeah!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:47 pm

OU wrote:

well....yeah!
fantastic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Yeah that scene where Ceasar gives John Lithglow the plow was very erotic.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Ali wrote:
Was Michael Clarke Duncan involved?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:06 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

LMAO you're thinking of the Tim Burton one.

Michael Clarke Duncan having sex, what is wrong with you Oklahoma folk Laughing
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:06 pm

wait... this movie has bestiality? BBC i told you to stop!!! it's not healthy for you man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:10 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
wait... this movie has bestiality? BBC i told you to stop!!! it's not healthy for you man.

lol!

Get him a ticket to Tijuana and he'll be able to go wild.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Oh so a white man and an ape having sex and climaxing at the same time is fine but I throw in Michael Clarke Duncan and I all the sudden crossed the line? lol
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Oh so a white man and an ape having sex and climaxing at the same time is fine but I throw in Michael Clarke Duncan and I all the sudden crossed the line? lol

Yeah they don't know how to party do they
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes Empty

Back to top Go down

Original ending for Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next