Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big East in trouble

Go down 
+4
josh200612
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Big East in trouble Empty
PostSubject: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:42 am

Looks like Cuse and Pitt are gone to the ACC. This puts the ACC at 14 with a possibility of going to 16 quickly with several Big XII schools needing homes, including t.u.

The ACC also ramped up exit fees supposedly so the SEC may have a little trouble stealing a FSU, Clemson, or VT. They may have to settle for WVU (they're fans are the worst). Maybe the SEC will change their mind and go for MU. I couldn't mind A&M taking them along.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:12 pm

This conference shit has gotten so gay
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:28 pm

CARDS, Cincy, UCONN and WVU to the Big 12! PLEASE!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:46 pm

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-acctalks

This will be great for basketball season.

Also BBC no! Big 12 needs to dissolve.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:52 pm

I thought Iowa St and Kansas were in talks with the Big East?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I don't even know anymore. wtf is going on with this conference teardown shit anyways?

I would take Kansas and Iowa state, but if I had my choice it would be CARDS to the SEC or Big Ten so we could whoop IU OR UK twice a year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:44 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
CARDS, Cincy, UCONN and WVU to the Big 12! PLEASE!!!!!!!
I'd take that over the Pac-16/14 or whatever the fuck.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:45 pm

I don't even know anymore. wtf is going on with this conference teardown shit anyways?

I would take Kansas and Iowa state, but if I had my choice it would be CARDS to the SEC or Big Ten so we could whoop IU OR UK twice a year.
They were talking about Iowa St and someone else yesterday talking to the big east. I think it was Kansas. But whoever takes Kansas should take Kansas St too IMO.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Pipe Dream for Louisville IMO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 am

I heard that Cuse and Pitt were accepted to the ACC.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:06 am

OU wrote:
I thought Iowa St and Kansas were in talks with the Big East?

Iowa St and Baylor are meeting with Big East officials this week.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:06 am

OU wrote:
I heard that Cuse and Pitt were accepted to the ACC.

That is fact. Big Ten missed a couple more there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:07 am

LOL that would be weird. A team in Waco, Texas in the Big EAST?
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am

OU wrote:

I know right. Some of this re-alignment shit is getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:13 pm

OU wrote:

That's not even considered East Texas.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:47 pm

So could you make a conference from the left over Big 12 and Big East that would be Automatic Qualifier worthy? They are talking about maybe adding BYU or TCU if that happens.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:23 pm

OU wrote:
So could you make a conference from the left over Big 12 and Big East that would be Automatic Qualifier worthy? They are talking about maybe adding BYU or TCU if that happens.

Only if tu and OU stay
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 am

Big East potentially looking at Navy, Army, Air Force, Central Florida and East Carolina as options for expansion.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Talk arund town is Big East is waiting on UCONN. If they leave for the ACC, CARDS, WVU, BYU are Big 12 bound. I would love that. It makes more sense than a team from Texas being in the Big East.

There is also alot of talk that everyone in the Big 12 hates Texas because they are hogging all the money from what was said on the local sports radio shows this morning.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 am

Talk arund town is Big East is waiting on UCONN. If they leave for the ACC, CARDS, WVU, BYU are Big 12 bound. I would love that. It makes more sense than a team from Texas being in the Big East.

There is also alot of talk that everyone in the Big 12 hates Texas because they are hogging all the money from what was said on the local sports radio shows this morning.
I would love that too.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:19 am

OU wrote:

I would love that too.

If it happens overall I think that would be a stronger Big 12/Big East conference then before they started losing teams to the Big 10 and ACC. Losing Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M and gaining WVU, BYU, and UofL is far better when you talk bball and football. I'm not tooting my own horn, but the CARDS will be a top 25 team in a few years. WVU is always a good football team, and BYU has been a overall top 25 team if you look at them the last decade.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 am

OU wrote:

I would love that too.

If it happens overall I think that would be a stronger Big 12/Big East conference then before they started losing teams to the Big 10 and ACC. Losing Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M and gainng WVU, BYU, and UofL is far better when you talk bball and football. I'm not tooting my own horn, but the CARDS will be a top 25 team in a few years. WVU is always a good football team, and BYU has been a overall top 25 team if you look at them the last decade.
I don't know if I would go that far. Is Missouri leaving for sure? As far as I know the SEC said that rumor is BS for the moment. So you are talking about Colorado, Nebraska and A&M for WV, BYU and Ville. Now those are some great replacements but IMO not better then before, well when strictly talking football. If you add in the basketball you may be right.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:50 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:

I would love that too.

If it happens overall I think that would be a stronger Big 12/Big East conference then before they started losing teams to the Big 10 and ACC. Losing Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M and gainng WVU, BYU, and UofL is far better when you talk bball and football. I'm not tooting my own horn, but the CARDS will be a top 25 team in a few years. WVU is always a good football team, and BYU has been a overall top 25 team if you look at them the last decade.
I don't know if I would go that far. Is Missouri leaving for sure? As far as I know the SEC said that rumor is BS for the moment. So you are talking about Colorado, Nebraska and A&M for WV, BYU and Ville. Now those are some great replacements but IMO not better then before, well when strictly talking football. If you add in the basketball you may be right.

yeah I meant overall. Not only in sports, but expanding out to the east and securing new tv regions. Overall the former Big 12 schools have more celebrated football history but in the last ten years those schools haven't done what WVU, UofL, and BYU have. Missouri was good one year, Colorado and Nebraska haven't done dick in years, and A&M has been hit and miss. WVU and UofL have one BCS bowl game win each and BYU has been, BYU. Basketball there is no comparison whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble Empty

Back to top Go down

Big East in trouble
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next