Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Strikeforce idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My Strikeforce idea Empty
PostSubject: My Strikeforce idea   My Strikeforce idea EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:50 pm

They should let it run and instead of having titles they should just run an 8 man GP for each division every year over a 6 month period with the winner getting a UFC contract. For instance-

February-

King Mo vs Keith Jardine
Gegard Mousasi vs Ovince St. Preux
Mike Kyle vs Renato Sobral
Rafael Cavalcante vs Roger Gracie

April-

King Mo vs Rafael Cavalcante
Gegard Mousasi vs Mike Kyle

June-

King Mo vs Gegard Mousasi

King Mo moves to the UFC.

January, March, May- HW and Women
February, April, June- LHW and BW
July, September, November- MW and FW
August, October, December- LW and WW

All the tourney winners get a UFC contract except the women since there is no women's division.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: My Strikeforce idea   My Strikeforce idea EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:08 pm

said this a little while back.

Tourney's tourneys tourneys.

And I even went a step further and said, each year have one division tourney featuring fighters from both Zuffa promotions. Do that and SF survives. I know they ain't going to do it. but if u don't you will see empty seats all over the arena like u had last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Strikeforce idea   My Strikeforce idea EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:16 pm

No need for fighters fighting in both as you might as well just merge them. Either use strikeforce to build future UFC fighters or end strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: My Strikeforce idea   My Strikeforce idea EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:19 pm

With the right absorbing you have the space and flexibility to make 8 man tourneys more plausible and effective in generating contenders, entertainment and names.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: My Strikeforce idea   My Strikeforce idea EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Use Strikeforce as a secondary brand that produces contenders and main card fighters separately than the typical UFC ranks. As contender farm system. New prospects and veterans poised to make a second run just like last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: My Strikeforce idea   My Strikeforce idea EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Use Strikeforce as a secondary brand that produces contenders and main card fighters separately than the typical UFC ranks. As contender farm system. New prospects and veterans poised to make a second run just like last night.

If they keep it this is what I like also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Strikeforce idea   My Strikeforce idea Empty

Back to top Go down

My Strikeforce idea
Page 1 of 1