Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...

Go down 
+8
CainVelasquezFan
GDPofDRC
ohiovol62
Andrew the Raider King
KingsOwn19
captain organic
Farmer1906
boomer sooner
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:42 pm

I think that at least two of those HW's you put down for both orgs peeked in Pride and there are still more moonlighters here in 2009 then there were back then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I say Brock, Nog, JDS, Carwin, Cain, Mir, Couture, Gonzaga, Herring, Rothwell, Nelson, & Cro Cop is about on par with Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop, Barnett, Herring, Aleks, Fujita, Hunt, Randleman and Goodridge in 2005.

But UFC Cro Cop has been a chump. UFC nog is still good, but it's fair to say he was at his best in pride. And is that roy Nelson on your list? You put Nelson on your list while leaving off Kongo?

I actually think it's comparable, but Fedor's weight tips the scales pretty heavy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:37 pm

It's not really Brock i have a problem with Andrew...it's the other guys that are considered elite HW that i just don't understand. Like Shane Carwin for example...Mark Hunt before he started taking losses had better wins than Shane Carwin who has one decent win over a guy i think is overrated. Frank Mir is good, but he would be south from the top 5 in Pride. I know we all love Randy but come on, he'd be a challenge in his prime, he would get wiped out as he stands now by Barnett and Fedor. The #2 HW in UFC is Nog, who is not as good as he was as #2 in Pride. Herring is half the fighter he was in Pride. I'm as big of a Cain nuthugger as there can be, but what has he really done to be in the discussion with Josh Barnett, or prime CroCop?

No way it's on par because a lot these guys you put next to names like prime CroCop and Barnett like Carwin, and Cain have not really proven shit. Fact is, after Nog(of course), and maybe Brock. You look at Carwin, Cain, Mir, Couture, and Zag...and they would not, and they arent on par with the big 4 from Pride and i can see them taking losses to the middle of the pack guys like prime Monster, Fujita, Aleks, and Werdum. I would like to see if we'll actually be talking about these guys in a couple years, we been talking about Pride's HW division for years and all of them, minus CroCop are still top 5 HW's after all this time...while guys like Carwin won't even be in the top 10 after November.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 am

I might have considered Fedor as a tipping point, particularly in Pride 04-05 but come on guys. There is now way Pride had the depth that the UFC currently has. Their top 4 fighters may have been able to win a round robin tourney against todays top 4 in the UFC and even then I don't see Brock losing and I don't see it being a horrible mauling on their part in the wins vs losses department. But in those ranked 5-8, the UFC wins. 9-12 The UFC wins. Depth counts and the UFC has it.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm not buying it. If its true then I got Fedor via arm bar round 1.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I might have considered Fedor as a tipping point, particularly in Pride 04-05 but come on guys. There is now way Pride had the depth that the UFC currently has. Their top 4 fighters may have been able to win a round robin tourney against todays top 4 in the UFC and even then I don't see Brock losing and I don't see it being a horrible mauling on their part in the wins vs losses department.

That was 5 years ago. How would the top 4 guys in the UFC from 04-05 do against todays top 4 in the UFC?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Mir, Arlovski, Sylvia, Ricco, Rizzo, & Couture are all there around 03-06
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 pm

The UFC HW division has never had depth. Its at its best now but still nothing special. Don't get deceived just because it has some fresh faces. Cain, Carwin & Lesnar will be exposed soon enough.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Who is going to expose Lesnar?
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:37 am

We'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...   Anyone else buying Brett Rogers... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else buying Brett Rogers...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2