Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brett Rogers is crazy.

Go down 
+6
ChaoscamelWV
Bigs03
CombatSports4Life
timthebim
Andrew the Raider King
KingsOwn19
10 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Brett Rogers is crazy. Empty
PostSubject: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Speaking exclusively to CageReport Heavyweight contender Brett 'The Grim' Rogers gave his thoughts on his upcoming clash with the man widely regarded as the number one heavyweight in MMA, Fedor Emelianenko. Brett Rogers last entered the cage in June against Andrei Arlovski, 22 seconds later and Rogers emerged the victor by way of technical Knockout, instantly establishing himself as a top contender in the Heavyweight division.

Although sporting a perfect 10-0 record, many questions are still unanswered regarding the ground skills of Brett Rogers which he assures will not be a factor in the fight:

"I've been working hard on my wrestling and ground skills so even if it does end up on the ground, I'll just scramble to my feet and continue to pick him apart"

"The main difference between me and him is that he will come out looking for a quick submission where as I'm going to be looking to knock his head into the 8th row. Don't get me wrong I respect him as a fighter, but he'll respect me even more when I lay it on him and knock him out."

"He can't afford to get sloppy with me like he did in the Arlovski fight, if he comes in looking like that again it's going to be a short night for him, I don't play around when I'm in there"

Emelianenko is known for his vicious ground and pound skills from top position, however Rogers believes that the Russian should be the one fearful of a ground and pound attack:

"If anything he should be the one worrying about my ground and pound, I haven't shown too much of it in the cage but he will get to see it first hand."

Rogers claimed the disparity in terms of experience between the two fighters is less than what Emelianenko's 30-1 record would lead most to believe:

"He might be 30-1 but half those wins weren't even under MMA rules, if you only count his MMA fights our records would look about the same."

The last quote is the one that had me rolling.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Thats it, Rogers needs to get drug tested. He is out of his fucking gourd!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Well u have to have confidence to beat fedor and I hope he is right.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 pm

This is why Rogers scares me. I think he might just be fucking crazy enough to beat Fedor. Got I hope that I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:28 am

Gee combat, I didn't know you spoke German. But I thought God was spelled Gott? ;P
I can't believe your harrasing me over a typo. We aren't friends anymore. I did study German for a year though.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:00 am

Brett sounds a lot like Tim Sylvia before he got beat down by Fedor.
Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:34 am

Does strikeforce have the same weight limit for heavyweights? Rogers is big, but does he need to fight at 265? I read somewhere that he's a natural 285er. I think Roger's is crazy enough to beat Fedor, but I don't think it'll happen in this fight. Fedor will close the distance, trip rogers, and eventually pound him out or sub him. That's his bread and butter, and I think that's what would have been the eventual result if his two previous fights lasted longer.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:18 pm

PRIDE isn't MMA rules? Lol, thats a good one Bret.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Maybe he meant RINGS?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Maybe he is talking about Rings. Or more likely he is assbabbling after smoking a blunt.

Fedor by murderdeathkill.

Brett looks a little soft at 265. I'd imagine he is more natural around 250.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Maybe he is talking about Rings. Or more likely he is assbabbling after smoking a blunt.

Fedor by murderdeathkill.

Brett looks a little soft at 265. I'd imagine he is more natural around 250.

I think he meant normal what he wallks around everyday kind of weight when he said natural. I could easily see Rogers being a leaner 250-255ish.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 am

Rogers has a punchers chance in this fight, and thats about it. Fedor will not trade punches with him unless he can Zulu him real quick. Otherwise, Fedor will submit him, from top, from bottom, doesn't really matter. The thing is, Fedor needs to win. Think about how much credibility mma as a sport loses if someone like Brett Rogers, a guy with no real striking background, wrestling background, or bjj background, can come in and beat the best heavyweight in the sport. I dont think it will happen, but for that alone, this fight makes me nervous lol.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:27 pm

What makes you think he won't stand and trade?

Timmy and AA's biggest strength were their stand up skills (Timmy's huge reach and Andrei's boxing) and Fedor stood and whipped them both.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:38 pm

I think Fedor will stand and trade if he feels like it...Rogers won't land a punch, Fedor and Anderson Silva both have head movement that is head and shoulders above anyone else in MMA. Rogers has never faced anyone like Fedor before. He won't land a punch standing.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Fedor doesn't have the kind of boxing defense Anderson has.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Well, he stood with Sylvia, but Zulu'd him, as I said he might with Rogers. With Arlovski, he was losing the standup and tried several times to clinch and take him down, but was unsuccessful. He was forced to stand and because he is a great fighter, capitalized on Arlovski's mistake. Im not saying Fedor doesn't have better standup then Rogers, he does, but Rogers has glaring weaknesses in the other parts of his game, why allow Rogers to fight in the one position where he has a chance to win, no matter how slight.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Fedor doesn't have the kind of boxing defense Anderson has.

It's similar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brett Rogers is crazy.   Brett Rogers is crazy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Brett Rogers is crazy.
Page 1 of 1