Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If Reem were still in the GP?

Go down 
+9
SOKO
MMAEYES
OU
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
josh200612
GDPofDRC
captain organic
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

If Reem were still in the GP? Empty
PostSubject: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Would this be the only topic on this board that mentions this weeks SF event?

Still a dope event. Easily SF's deepest ever.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Yeah it is. But when one new talking points usually get 4 or 5 threads made about them.... then 36 hours is the life span of a page one thread.

What I'm trying to say is....

EVERYBODY QUIT MAKING REDUNDANT THREADS EVERYBODY!!

I think Reem vs Silva is a more important fight than Lesnar Reem if you really wanna talk for reals on the sport and not what is gonna be trending on twitter or pro wrestling illustrated. Silva and Reem are #3 and #4 HWs in the world in my book. That would of been so awesome to see.

But the answer is no it wouldn't. This is a great show, one of the last remaining. With the buyout, each show that continues on at this point, considering what has already been done to disband SF, that top fighters, who are not bound by Showtime themselves, are not pitted against UFC competition in the UFC is an insult and professional detriment to those fighters.

The two dudes who lose in the GP Saturday should never fight in SF again, no matter who they are, because there really is no point. Each show they continue on with and agree to fight on is more of a step backwards to that level of fighter than forward.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:31 pm

To be honest I forgot the GP was still going on.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Yup pulling reem took all the juice out of this GP. If Silva vs Barnett are in the finals, that should get some love, although a card with those 2, plus Mo, Jacare, Cavalcante Sergie, etc is getting none as is so who knows.

Saturday is a great night of fights, starting with Bellator, and then culminating here. And I don't gotta lay down a dime.

Glad my chick is working that night.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:38 pm

The heat behind this card was doused in favor of fire for the UFC.......... All kinds of foreshadowing, as in SF will be completely snuffed out to UFC's benefit.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Still some pretty good fights on the card, but it does not seem anybody is interested so i havent really looked to spark any discussion about it.

The card is probably the deepest Strikeforce card in a long time, even before business as usual.

Really looking forward to Foot-Cormier and Barnet-Sergei
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm hoping Sergei can rock Josh good and hard early to make it interesting. If he doesn't I think Josh will drown him sooner than later.

Cormier is a lot more game here than a lot of people think. Silva's size might actually be his bigger advantage than his striking or jj. Minor parallels to Cain vs Lesnar though, minor. Really interesting fight for MMA fans. More so then the main.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Looking forward to it. I like Cormier & Barnett. I'm hoping he gets upset though. Yes, Famer is rooting for a non American. I told yall it happens!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 pm

I think this is the deepest card in SF's history by far.

Cavalcante not even televised? Cyborg and Kyle also on the outside looking in? Healy vs Blanco also on the card(is this still getting TV dibs over the before mentioned?).

Mo vs Gracie is a very interesting fight.

Bit of an asterik alongside the lone title fight on the card, but it is Jacare, and it is a title fight.

But I think Silva's size will give Cormier all sorts of trouble. I like Cormier's skills, but he is too short and too small for a huge guy like Silva. He'll have trouble mounting an attack either on the feet or on the ground. I think this will be one of those rare instances where the BJJ fighter has a big edge over the olympic wrestler while working off of his back.

Agree with GDP on the main event.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:37 pm

One of the best SF cards in recent history, but the fact that the UFC had a heap load of announcements this week and Reem being yanked from it really hurt this card

As GDP said, Sergei better get to work early because if he gets taken down he's in a heap of trouble.

I don't know what to think of Silva vs Cormier, I mean Cormier looked awesome in his last outing but it was against Monson... If it gets in to the later rounds I think Bigfoot might be in trouble as Cormier will be putting pressure on him throughout with attempted take downs. can't wait for the card and since i really don't have a fav fighter fighting i get to enjoy it without biting my nails off.

oh, and King Mo is on this card too... snap
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:31 am

The GP took the first major hit when Fedor lost in the opening round. That alone took some steam out of the GP. Then you have Reem being pulled, but only after he beats Werdum and takes away whatever hype Werdum had. So you lost the top 2 rated HWs(entering into the GP). In the middle of the tourney the Champion and favorite is ripped away. Not to mention the time line has been less then ideal. Overall this is no where near what it could of/should have been.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:00 am

The hype of the GP left with Fedor and Reem, I'm still watching this it's gonna be a great card. I think I've had a lack of interest in SF all together cause I'm just waiting on Dana to get rid of it. Like King Mo said it's like were all watching it slowly die.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:05 am

war big foot
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:08 am

sokolkevin wrote:
war big foot
Bigfoot winning the tourney would be the best thing IMO. I know some people would probably want Josh to win it but I think Bigfoot has the best chance to make noise in the UFC. Bigfoot vs Josh is still a very good matchup, hopefully that is one we get to see.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:04 pm

I hope King Mo mollywhops Gracie. I'd like to see him do well and set up bigger fights, preferably with Rampage in 2012.

A day before the semi's I'm really thinking Josh is the favorite to win this all. It could all change quick tomorrow though, but he has the best tools imo today. No one is tossing him around, by no one I mean Silva or Cormier, and he has the best sub game and, not so much pure wrestling, but MA grappling left in the tourney. He isn't a lights out boxer but obviously can hit people hard enough to think he killed them.

Truth is I really just wanted to post this Gif

If Reem were still in the GP? 2a0mcu8
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I hope King Mo mollywhops Gracie. I'd like to see him do well and set up bigger fights, preferably with Rampage in 2012.

A day before the semi's I'm really thinking Josh is the favorite to win this all. It could all change quick tomorrow though, but he has the best tools imo today. No one is tossing him around, by no one I mean Silva or Cormier, and he has the best sub game and, not so much pure wrestling, but MA grappling left in the tourney. He isn't a lights out boxer but obviously can hit people hard enough to think he killed them.

Truth is I really just wanted to post this Gif

If Reem were still in the GP? 2a0mcu8

Your such a feckin noob

If Reem were still in the GP? BarnettKOd
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:27 pm

captain organic wrote:
Would this be the only topic on this board that mentions this weeks SF event?

Still a dope event. Easily SF's deepest ever.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/9/2413946/ufc-announcements-strikeforce-brock-lesnar-alistair-overeem-nick-diaz-gsp
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Kind of what I was thinking. What is the point of getting viewers on Showtime anyways for Zuffa at this point, they make zero dollars from people watching Showtime.

I mean has anyone even seen a single add for this outside of the occasional side banner on sherdog? I don't recall seeing a single mention of it in the last UFC or two, I could of missed it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Kind of what I was thinking. What is the point of getting viewers on Showtime anyways for Zuffa at this point, they make zero dollars from people watching Showtime.

I mean has anyone even seen a single add for this outside of the occasional side banner on sherdog? I don't recall seeing a single mention of it in the last UFC or two, I could of missed it.
I'm pretty sure I saw it mentioned during the last UFC event, but the fact that I'm not sure should tell you something. It didn't stick out if they did. But of course this can't be a sign of SF not being around in the near future.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Someone scoffed the article with this pic

If Reem were still in the GP? Unled1ifr

That is a pic of today and the card is tomorrow...... An irony scoff imo.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:36 pm

I just don't think it is any shock that, this, what really is a major MMA event has been manipulated into a ho hum nearly regional after thought, behind "biggest announcement in the sports history #1..... three days later #2...... three days later #3....." Not even a camera at the SF press conference owned by SF/Zuffa.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:36 pm

LOL, nice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:44 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I just don't think it is any shock that, this, what really is a major MMA event has been manipulated into a ho hum nearly regional after thought, behind "biggest announcement in the sports history #1..... three days later #2...... three days later #3....." Not even a camera at the SF press conference owned by SF/Zuffa.
Isn't this fight going to have the undercard on HDNet? It really is a quality card, damn shame it isn't getting the attention it deserves.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:43 am

killerofchicken wrote:
One of the best SF cards in recent history, but the fact that the UFC had a heap load of announcements this week and Reem being yanked from it really hurt this card

Pretty much...when you have the UFC announcing the Fox deal...., then Cain/JDS of Fox...., the Japan show...., Nick pulled from the Title fight...., Condit in...., Nick fighting BJ.......your're going to get overshadowed a bit. And the MMA websites I frequent have had a fairly even slpit between UFC and SF coverage, just one Org is A the other B and one is making huge news. It's actually pretty typical SF coverage outside maybe 2-3 events in their history.

And yes this is either the best or one of the best SF cards ever, I got the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Reem were still in the GP?   If Reem were still in the GP? Empty

Back to top Go down

If Reem were still in the GP?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next