Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?

Go down 
+12
OU
killerofchicken
josh200612
MMAEYES
timthebim
Ludo
cascade_run
corydd7
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am

freakzilla wrote:
Wanderliei is a chance for the top 5 but not the other 2.
both of those 2 have wins over Silva!!! Hendo has 2 of em!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am

I'll say Spider, though I see the wrestling hole as a possible negative, which could create an opening for GSP(but I will hold off until the upcoming wrestler rematches b4 I take off for that), Fedor falls to 3.

As far as Silva beating nobody. Hendo, Franklin 2x, Chael, Belfort, Forrest, Sakarai(when that meant something). And aside from Sakarai he finished every one of those fights. So that's a pretty good list, and then there is still the Nate's, Maia's, Leben's which help fill out the resume.

I think those names hold up fine in comparison to GSP's list of Hughes2x, Penn 2x, Fitch, Kos, Alves, Shields, Sherk.

or Fedor's Nog 2x, Cro Cop, Randleman(when it meant something), Coleman 2x(when it meant something), Sylvia Arlovski.

Spider's is prob better then Fedor's, and at least in the discussion with GSP.

And Spider gets "obliteration of opponent" points. Destroying Franklin twice, destroying, Forrest, front kick highlight Vitor, rocking(the near impossible feat) and then tapping Hendo. The Irvin and Leben fights, not the highest of comp, but just flat out destruction.

People may want to use the Maia and Lietes fights as criticism's but I see them again as example's of how much better Spider is then the rest of the world. Dude toy's with his opponents.

And i would pick Silva to beat either GSP or Fedor(thought this even b4 the recent slide) as well.

13-0 in the UFC, 11 finishes.

the new GOAT.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:46 am

josh200612 wrote:
GSP. He makes good fighters look bad. Anderson does it as well but he plays around too much.

Spider has only goofed around twice, and personally i enjoyed the Thales fight(the elbows to the ankle were awesome), and spider has patented making a good fighter look bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

So if Schaub beats Nog does that make him better all-time? Chuck beat Wanderliei past his peak.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 am

Фёдор Влади́мирович Емелья́ненко
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:38 am

freakzilla wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

So if Schaub beats Nog does that make him better all-time? Chuck beat Wanderliei past his peak.
Did Hendo beat him past his prime
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:09 pm

GSP is the best p4p fighter on the planet and is approaching GOAT status.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
My heart wants to say Fedor, I wish I could say BJ, but the truth. IMO Anderson Silva is the best mma fighter of all time

Same here.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Clearly several Ninjasplace members are onboard with the Ric Flair logic of needing to beat the best to be the best

time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 Ric+flair+wooooo

Personally, I think it's illogical to say that Anderson is a lesser fighter than [whoever] because his opponents are weaker. He doesn't make them weak, nor has their weakness rubbed off on him as if it were some sort of contagious disease.

Failure to meet a personal and arbitrary bar of achievement concerning level of opposition required in our minds to make someone GOAT has no baring on whether or not someone actually is the GOAT. Level of competition is just something to give people who are not otherwise able to gauge the situation something to base their opinion off of.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:15 pm

thessy11 wrote:
Clearly several Ninjasplace members are onboard with the Ric Flair logic of needing to beat the best to be the best

time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 Ric+flair+wooooo

Personally, I think it's illogical to say that Anderson is a lesser fighter than [whoever] because his opponents are weaker. He doesn't make them weak, nor has their weakness rubbed off on him as if it were some sort of contagious disease.

Failure to meet a personal and arbitrary bar of achievement concerning level of opposition required in our minds to make someone GOAT has no baring on whether or not someone actually is the GOAT. Level of competition is just something to give people who are not otherwise able to gauge the situation something to base their opinion off of.

I'm on board with Ric Flair but I don't think you have watched enough of GSP's Under Armour commercials.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:30 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
thessy11 wrote:

I'm on board with Ric Flair but I don't think you have watched enough of GSP's Under Armour commercials.

lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 am

I hate both Anderson Silva and Ric Flair.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 am

freakzilla wrote:

STFU ABOUT RIC! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:52 am

He is not the best there is, the best there was and the best that there ever will be!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:01 am

freakzilla wrote:
He is not the best there is, the best there was and the best that there ever will be!

LMAO! Bret ain't shit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:03 am

Josh, even after that comment I still love you but fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 am

freakzilla wrote:
Josh, even after that comment I still love you but fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Very Happy

LOL Bulldog was the best of the crew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:16 am

Bret Hart and Kurt Angle are the greatest in ring performers ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:21 am

freakzilla wrote:

How the hell can you hate Ric Flair ? the man is a living legend.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 am

you guys sure do get carried away with your fake wrestling talk.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 am

ITS NOT FAKE!!! DAMN IT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

OU wrote:
you guys sure do get carried away with your fake wrestling talk.

Chael Sonnen would be pretty good behind the mic in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

killerofchicken wrote:
ITS NOT FAKE!!! DAMN IT
I'm sorry, let me correct myself. You guys get carried away talking about your scripted soap operas.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 am

time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 Thumbnail.aspx?q=1078299862395&id=abf8b4669ba1f262b85ba110c32e26f3&url=http%3a%2f%2fimg204.imageshack.us%2fimg204%2f8246%2fstillrealdm8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 Thumbnail.aspx?q=1078299862395&id=abf8b4669ba1f262b85ba110c32e26f3&url=http%3a%2f%2fimg204.imageshack.us%2fimg204%2f8246%2fstillrealdm8
thats what i was going for LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?   time - Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who, in Ninjsplace, think is the best MMA Fighter of all time?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next