Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time to look for a new favorite fighter

Go down 
+9
Jruq
Bigs03
Cu Bu
Ninja
ohiovol62
captain organic
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
franklinfan2
13 posters
AuthorMessage
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

Time to look for a new favorite fighter Empty
PostSubject: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 pm

I guess I'll change my SN to formerfranklinfan. One could use the argument that all of his losses are against great fighters but I have a hard time seeing him being more than a gatekeeper at this point.

Maybe I'll make Uriah Faber my next favorite fighter. Before I do that, I should probably find out whether or not his hands are permanantly mess up.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:16 pm

How can you just change fav fighters like that? Even though Hughes is past his prime and got wrecked by GSP twice he is still my fav. I didn't like Nog any less after he got smashed by Mir...same goes for Forrest after Anderson and Dan and Anderson and Rich after Anderson (hmmm....I see a trend)
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Farmer hit the nail on the head! My boy can't even win a Championship, but that doesn't make me like Kenny any less.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm not going to change my favorite fighter. I just needed to vent a little bit. But my second favorite is a more close second now.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:45 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:
I'm not going to change my favorite fighter. I just needed to vent a little bit. But my second favorite is a more close second now.

At some point your going to have a new favorite fighter. I mean who keeps a fighter as their fav long after they are relevant. Not to say Franklin is not relevant, but he prob never sees a title fight again.

My favorite is always changing. Spider's the guy right now.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Sakuraba will always be my fav.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Dude don't jump off of Franklin's bandwagon just because he lost....

I have been a fan of the Rua Bros for years and even though they looked down right terrible in some points of their careers , I am still and always will be a fan of them.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:53 pm

WANDY will always have my heart
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm

I feel ya franklinfan, it sucks balls when your guy isn't performing well. Franklin has had a good career and he has a lot of good fights left in him even though he may never wear a belt again.

GSP is my favorite, I remember when I went to the show in Houston, I was so pumped to see GSP whoop Serra's ass...
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 pm

There's room on the Hershell Walker bandwagon.

The Walkers would be glad to have you.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm

my top 5 favorite fighters have changed alot. I watched MMA back starting with the first season of the ultimate fighter, so that was where I found alotta favorite fighters.

I stopped watching MMA up til about 5 months ago, and started seeing some newer fighters. I like all of my favorites about the same. Love watching them fight, whether its a win or loss.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:54 pm

CainFan til i die same with Huerta!
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:

I just love how Vince scampered to the endzone untouched in that pic, don't you spurs?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:12 pm

Ya, Franklin is a gate keeper. Urijah Faber certainly isn't that now is he?

(MTB needs more fairweathers, go root for him)
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, Franklin is a gate keeper. Urijah Faber certainly isn't that now is he?

(MTB needs more fairweathers, go root for him)

I wouldn't say so, especially when he pushed Brown to the limit with one severely broken hand and the other hand also injured. They're both great fighters and I think Faber beats him in a threematch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:45 am

Show some loyalty.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:45 am

CainVelasquezFan wrote:

thats the kind of pics we need on here. nice one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to look for a new favorite fighter   Time to look for a new favorite fighter Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to look for a new favorite fighter
Page 1 of 1